• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Obliged (904)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON NINE
    THE OBLIGED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 904
    After Maggie sets out from Hilltop to see Negan face-to-face, Daryl tries to keep Rick away from Alexandria -- only to fall into a trap. Meanwhile Michonne visits Negan's cell, where she is confronted by her own past traumas.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 October 2018, 06:42 PM.

Damn, have they actually killed Rick off? We'll have to wait and see...

Comment

This was a boring damned episode. Every part of it felt like forced going through the motions.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I would of liked this episode more if they hadn't spoiled Rick's exit. I've read a lot of fan theories that he's going to be taken away by the helicopter, or fall into the water with the walkers off the bridge and be assumed dead so he can come back. I just don't see them pulling something like that with this particular character. I think with Rick he's gotta be all in or all out. Next week is going to be all heart string pulling.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Damn, have they actually killed Rick off? We'll have to wait and see...
          Yea pretty much, they even kept announcing *Next week in Rick Grime's last episodes* or *don't miss Rick grime last episodes*. Actor wanted out, can't blame him really.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I knew it was coming but been avoiding everything, thought it would be mid season... Think Ive worked out how

Spoiler:
            Maggie will go too

Comment

If anything the Rick ad on Sunday's show threw me off. Andy Lincoln is supposed to be in 6 episodes, but next week is only 905...and the ad said it's Rick Grimes's final episode.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I knew it was coming but been avoiding everything, thought it would be mid season... Think Ive worked out how

Spoiler:
                Maggie will go too
                Yep, she wanted out as well.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                If anything the Rick ad on Sunday's show threw me off. Andy Lincoln is supposed to be in 6 episodes, but next week is only 905...and the ad said it's Rick Grimes's final episode.
                Well in sci-fi you never know, he might come back as a dream, spirit, flashback or whatever. I just find the whole idea of having Daryl as the leader laughable, also the abrupt hostility between him and Rick.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Has it been announced hes in 6? Ive been avoiding stuff.

Comment

There were rumours that AMC could decide to call it a day on the show, yet episodes three and four saw the number climb up and stabilise.

This could be due to Rick’s eminent exit which is set to take place in next week’s episode.
                    Source
                    Spoiler:

Comment

AFAIK it’s been confirmed for some time now that both Andy Lincoln and Lauren Cohan are only aboard for six episodes before their exits.

I may be reading into things too much, but to me it feels like her desire to be gone from the show is really bleeding through to the character. I don’t know, it could just be how they’ve elected to write Maggie, but her exit from the show hasn’t been on the best of terms, so it’s all I can see when I see Maggie being unlikeqble.

Comment

AFAIK it’s been confirmed for some time now that both Andy Lincoln and Lauren Cohan are only aboard for six episodes before their exits.

I may be reading into things too much, but to me it feels like her desire to be gone from the show is really bleeding through to the character. I don’t know, it could just be how they’ve elected to write Maggie, but her exit from the show hasn’t been on the best of terms, so it’s all I can see when I see Maggie being unlikeqble.
                        Well obviously the writing is gonna be sketchy since the writers probably had 5 more seasons to build arcs around these characters. You're right though, personally I thought Gregory's death was very premature and botched.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post

Well, obviously the writing is gonna be sketchy since the writers probably had 5 more seasons to build arcs around these characters. You're right though, personally I thought Gregory's death was very premature and botched.
                          Gregory should have died ages ago, so that was not premature. I am Team Maggie as far as she needing to take care of her people and drawing boundaries for what they will and will not do.

Some people see bad writing, but these characters are not perfect. They were at war, they suffered strong losses. There are resentments, grudges, and severe trauma.

I don't blame them because I have the comfort of not having to deal with it. I live in a world that provides great comfort to me versus the world of TWD.

Plus, the show has never been one where everyone gets along or agrees on things. So this isn't surprising to me. It is very refreshing to have them worrying about building or maintaining interconnections between the communities.

They've grown behind the individual needs (to an extent), now Rick is just trying to get people moving forward to a broader perspective.

Comment

Working...
                          X