• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallout (402)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON FOUR
    FALLOUT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 402
    As the country is rocked by a shocking revelation about the President, Mercy Graves targets the alien masking technology inside L-Corp. After Brainy and Nia feel the sting of anti-alien bias first-hand, Nia turns to James Olsen to intervene.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 October 2018, 01:16 PM.

Interesting episode. Not sure how I feel about some of the issues brought up.
    sigpic

Comment

mmm badass Lena kicking some butt. Doesn't get better than that. Maybe they'll finally stop with the is Lena good or evil nonsense now. I think she's proven time and again that she's not like her Brother or Mother, that she's a good person. Eve thougth is a hoot, glad we're seeing more of her.

Also glad that Rhona Mitra is on the show. I was gutted they killed her character off on The Last Ship. She's been a good baddie so far. I thought when she got captured that it can't be over with her already. Glad it's not.

So now that the President was outed as an Alien and is no longer in power does that mean Linda Carter won't pop up from time to time now?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        mmm badass Lena kicking some butt. Doesn't get better than that. Maybe they'll finally stop with the is Lena good or evil nonsense now. I think she's proven time and again that she's not like her Brother or Mother, that she's a good person. Eve thougth is a hoot, glad we're seeing more of her.

Also glad that Rhona Mitra is on the show. I was gutted they killed her character off on The Last Ship. She's been a good baddie so far. I thought when she got captured that it can't be over with her already. Glad it's not.

So now that the President was outed as an Alien and is no longer in power does that mean Linda Carter won't pop up from time to time now?
        Yes...I was wondering about Lynda Carter as well. I hope that they keep her on for a special appearance there and there.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Yes...I was wondering about Lynda Carter as well. I hope that they keep her on for a special appearance there and there.
          I really hope we haven't seen the last of her. I liked their interactions when she was on the show
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            I really hope we haven't seen the last of her. I liked their interactions when she was on the show
            Me too! Plus it is good seeing Lynda on TV.

Of course, I was impressed by Lena in this episode! She duked it out pretty well!
            sigpic

Comment

I just realised I spelt her name wrong That's how I spell it But there can never be too much of Lynda carter But having Rhona Mitra on the show softens the blow a little I might have enjoyed that fight scene between Lena and Mercy a little too much
              sigpic

Comment

This episode was way too preachy for me, pushing a real world political agenda over and over. And the situation in the show is totally different from the real world situation, so it's not even an appropriate comparison.

CW has always had some content of this nature, but this was over the top even for them.

Comment

Just enjoy it for the work of fiction that it is. Most shows I watch now days seem to reflect what is currently going on in the world.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Superman comics and by extension Supergirl have been "preachy"
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      This episode was way too preachy for me, pushing a real world political agenda over and over. And the situation in the show is totally different from the real world situation, so it's not even an appropriate comparison.

CW has always had some content of this nature, but this was over the top even for them.
                      While I agree that they have been bad at the way they handle this (every other character dropping a quote or line...who talks like that?) I have to say that so far they have been better about it this season than in the past. And the questions they bring up makes perfect sense. What? You think actual aliens living among us isn't going to bring about these things? From where I am sitting, immigrants are now seen as a danger and a burden despite the evidence to the contrary. And before you say it is only illegals, it's not. Legal immigration is also being attacked in the US with terms like "Chain migration" and lies/stereotypes with little basis in reality about welfare usage and the practices that ICE has when dealing with legal immigrants have reached incredible new lows.

You're not an immigrant, much less one that isn't white. You don't see this. But I do.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        While I agree that they have been bad at the way they handle this (every other character dropping a quote or line...who talks like that?) I have to say that so far they have been better about it this season than in the past. And the questions they bring up makes perfect sense. What? You think actual aliens living among us isn't going to bring about these things? From where I am sitting, immigrants are now seen as a danger and a burden despite the evidence to the contrary. And before you say it is only illegals, it's not. Legal immigration is also being attacked in the US with terms like "Chain migration" and lies/stereotypes with little basis in reality about welfare usage and the practices that ICE has when dealing with legal immigrants have reached incredible new lows.

You're not an immigrant, much less one that isn't white. You don't see this. But I do.
                        I'm not going to discuss the real world issues in this thread, it's not what its for, I'm just saying this episode was way over the top in preaching its political views. I don't watch TV for this kind of thing, but as I come from the right side of the spectrum, I have to ignore most of it, or I would have almost nothing to watch but if the creators of this show keep up the way they're going, I'm likely to stop watching.

Comment

Its not like you matter in the ratings
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I try and ignore some of the political stuff. Having selective memory helps though
                            sigpic

Comment

Or no memory?
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X