Phantom Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom Season 3

I'd post this as an episode posting, but I find that both on SGA and SG1 there isn't a lot of traffic on episode threads. Did I miss something, or was it not explained how Teyla was unaffected by the Wraith device that was playing with everyone else's minds? It could be said that she was immune because she was the only female, but that wasn't discussed. Some kind of story hole.

Its her Wraith DNA
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

How exactly did the Athosians get Wraith DNA that didn't affect them negatively?
      And what do Wraith do with Replicators?? ;-)

Comment

It's explained that a while back there was a wraith scientists doing some random experiments. They don't know what the end goal was but it involved mixing wraith and human DNA. The initial subjects were negatively affected as they got a few traits common to wraith such as the telepathy. But they couldn't control it and it was unrefined so it pretty much drove them crazy. A few of the test subjects did end up reproducing so the genetic traits were diluted with human ones and the body developed coping mechanisms. By this point Telya is as much a wraith as Shepard is an ancient, which is not much at all.

What do you mean 'what did the wraith do with replicators'? They destroyed them. They can't eat them.

sigpic
        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

I was wondering whether the Replicators could win out against the Wraith in a one-on-one confrontation or could fend off the Wraith.

Comment

StargateMillennium's summary of her backstory can be found in season 1's "The Gift." The only thing I would add is that the purpose was to make "the feeding process more efficient." In another reply to you I referenced that there was once a Wraith plan to try to combat their food shortage woes by blending some of their DNA in humans, but it was considered a failure because even small amounts of Wraith DNA allowed humans to develop telepathic abilities, which drove some mad but was also an intolerable outcome for the Wraith. This is what I was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
              StargateMillennium's summary of her backstory can be found in season 1's "The Gift." The only thing I would add is that the purpose was to make "the feeding process more efficient." In another reply to you I referenced that there was once a Wraith plan to try to combat their food shortage woes by blending some of their DNA in humans, but it was considered a failure because even small amounts of Wraith DNA allowed humans to develop telepathic abilities, which drove some mad but was also an intolerable outcome for the Wraith. This is what I was referring to.
              This also explains why Teyla can sense when wraith are nearby. A "talent" that got her into a big fight with one of the military guys (Bates) who accused her of being a wraith or wraith sympathizer. She punched him out over that accusation.

Comment

Working...
              X