This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Random things change in Moebius...

Haven't any of you heard of the chaos theory in time travel world before?

Say you change something in the past and you think it could only change one thing...Although you don't know how your time change could spiral off and change everything. For example you could travel back in time and eat a cake you weren't supposed to and World War III breaks out. You never know.

That is why some things in Moebius are totally different from the real stargate universe. Chaos Theory, it is an actually scientific theory.
    Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
    Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
    Mayboune: *shrugs*
    - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

I think when people are saying WHY did things change, they either mean

1. Why did the writers destroy our SG-1 and create some AU SG-1 that we will now follow through S9

2. How did this thing come about, why didnt so and so do this, what could motivate Davis to get a 'stache?

I think everyone knows of the existance of chaos theory.
    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
      I think when people are saying WHY did things change, they either mean

1. Why did the writers destroy our SG-1 and create some AU SG-1 that we will now follow through S9
      Seriously want to smack the writers for that. *mumbles*

And actually chaos theory is a load of bull.

There is a reason for everything.

However, reasons for things aren't always clear simply because its a chain of events and choices that branch off and do really, really weird things. Just because we can't see a logical path, doesn't mean there isn't one. It is just long and twisted.
      *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

Thek, I think thats what Chaos theory is.
        FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

My Biology teacher from two years ago says it is the theory that the Universe will eventually turn into chaos because too much energy will be converted into heat.

My English teacher this year said it is the theory that there is no logic nor reason in the universe, it just is.

Butterfly Effect said the chaos theory was the theory that a flap of a butterfly's wings in Africa can cause utter destruction half way across the world. (eeer...right.)

And now I've just learned another Chaos theory is the theory that everything as a reason, even if you can't see it.

lol.

Headache.
          *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

I found it hillarious just killing me that Mckay wanted to have his favorite with Sam in the infirmary, lemon chicken! (Our Mckay is mortally allergic to lemon or specifically citrus)

This was stated in 48 hours when he was introduced to the series

Comment

Originally posted by Thek
              My English teacher this year said it is the theory that there is no logic nor reason in the universe, it just is.
              Thats like saying my Dog told me what its like to be a fish...........LOL Your english teacher should stick to english.......because lets think about it in English there is no Logic nor reasion my example words with seperate meanings that sound the same when spoken but are just spelled differently. ie. there and their.........strange.....However, the universe much easier to understand.....well there is that whole gravitational equation questions.....
              The enemy has spoken

Comment

My Biology teacher from two years ago says it is the theory that the Universe will eventually turn into chaos because too much energy will be converted into heat.

Butterfly Effect said the chaos theory was the theory that a flap of a butterfly's wings in Africa can cause utter destruction half way across the world. (eeer...right.)

And now I've just learned another Chaos theory is the theory that everything as a reason, even if you can't see it.

lol.

Headache.

The way I see it is, that everything is caused by something. So therefore there is a reason anything happens. So one event causes another, which causes another, and such. So that the littlest thing could cause a huge consequence. For instance, a butterfly flapping its wings, could lead to some little dust hitting another dust, which leads to water condensing on the bigger dust, and forming a rain drop which falls in a man's eye, while he's driving, and he becomes blinded temporarily, which leads him to crash into a truck carrying dangerous chemicals, which explode, and create a radioactive wasteland.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Agent

Say you change something in the past and you think it could only change one thing...Although you don't know how your time change could spiral off and change everything. For example you could travel back in time and eat a cake you weren't supposed to and World War III breaks out. You never know.

That is why some things in Moebius are totally different from the real stargate universe. Chaos Theory, it is an actually scientific theory.
                  Um, thats not exactly right. The probability of the world being like it was when sg1 changed the timeline is so low you'd need an improbabilty generator for it to happen. And thats BECAUSE of chaos theory.

There would have been no chance of Sam, Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, Davis, Kawalsky, Hammond, McKay, etc., even EXISTING in the changed timeline.

Comment

exactly just think about the grandfather issue. people from the future now have to stay in the past. say they have kids now a whole new line of people are being born not the mention the fact that english is now spoken a few thousand years to soon
                    The enemy has spoken

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby\Jolinar
                      I found it hillarious just killing me that Mckay wanted to have his favorite with Sam in the infirmary, lemon chicken! (Our Mckay is mortally allergic to lemon or specifically citrus)

This was stated in 48 hours when he was introduced to the series
                      Yeah I didnt really get that, LOL! So you remove a Stargate from the planet, and someone who's never seen it mysteriously is cured of his allergies.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Agent

You mean, as a result of Moebius, the SG-1 team we are used to actually permanently changes the people in Season 9 are different from the ones we're used to for the last 8 years? <ARRGGGGH> NO!

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
                          Yeah I didnt really get that, LOL! So you remove a Stargate from the planet, and someone who's never seen it mysteriously is cured of his allergies.

Maybe he got them from naquada poisoning...
                          Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

No, see that was a metaphor, meaning something that seems so trivial can lead to something huge. For an example, WWI was cause by an assasination by an unknown assasin. Now think, maybe in his childhood, he almost drown, and someone saved him. Now what seemed like a good thing, eventually led to WWI and the death of millions of people.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                              You mean, as a result of Moebius, the SG-1 team we are used to actually permanently changes the people in Season 9 are different from the ones we're used to for the last 8 years? <ARRGGGGH> NO!
                              No actually the SG1 at the end of Mobius are the original SG1, however the timeline has changed simply in that they find the ZPM in the present negating the need to go back in time. They are aware of what had happened however now the timeline is as normal as the original(left by normal SG1) video stated it to be, except the little joke of the fish.

Comment

Working...
                              X