Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to a person taken by a Goa'uld?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens to a person taken by a Goa'uld?

What exactly is said in Stargate about what happens to a person who is taken over by a Goa'uld? Is there any dual awareness or interaction involved? We have seen that on occasion the person is there, and other times the Goa'uld is in control. This doesn't always exist as in the case of Apophis and others, where it seems that only the Goa'uld is in control.
    In the case of the Tok'ra we are told there is a good interaction inside and they alternative easily and agreeably in communicating with others (whatever that means exactly).
    So how are these things described scientifically in Stargate?

Originally posted by Davey View Post
    So how are these things described scientifically in Stargate?
    They're not, really. It's usually described as the personality of the Goa'uld dominating and suppressing the host's personality, where the Tok'ra were willing to share. It's explained more in terms of willpower than science, which I suppose makes it more psychological than pharmaceutical.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Was it supposed to be like feeling one is trapped and paralyzed and being carted around? As I mentioned, in some cases that Goa'uld was in control, and other times the person. I remember that Apophys was in the body of a mere Egyptian scribe for what, 2000 years? I don't remember that the scribe ever was in control.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
        Was it supposed to be like feeling one is trapped and paralyzed and being carted around? As I mentioned, in some cases that Goa'uld was in control, and other times the person. I remember that Apophys was in the body of a mere Egyptian scribe for what, 2000 years? I don't remember that the scribe ever was in control.
        Yeah pretty much. The Goauld is in full controll. The fact that the Tok'Ra have that duality to them is due to how they choose to share with the host. There is a certain amount of will power involved when a host is first taken. Skarra could fight Klorel to a degree though not much at all and Shar're had enough influence to send a message to Daniel through the Ribbon device once but from what is implied that is because they have not been exposed to the Sarcophagus as much which steadily saps the willpower away from a host as well as simply being trapped inside their own body for decades, centuries or even millennia. At some point or another the host simply gives up fighting when they realise that whatever control they had was too limited to fight off the Goa'uld in the first place.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Then what does the host do? Just mentally sit back for the duration? And what was the status of the Goa'uld swimming around on the home planet even after the Goa'uld forces were defeated? Does a Goa'uld have the tremendous intellect and power capabilities while they are swimming around waiting for a human or a wraith or whatever, or does it develop only after it takes over a host? Did the Goa'uld disappear from the galaxy after the defeat of the lords and the Trust?

Comment

The people who did talk about it said they were essentially a prisoner of their own body, they could hear and feel everything happening around them but they had no control over their own responses or actions. So, essentially the host does just 'sit around'. Imagine if your body just did what it wanted regardless of what you thought.

I don't think the Goa'uld in the lakes and ponds are tremendous intellect. Goa'uld get knowledge from their queen through genetic memory and through the host. The System Lords and their followers are smart because they've been through several cycles of this, taking intelligent races as host then the queen produces a new generation with the her knowledge acquired from her hosts. So I believe the goa'uld in the wild are still feral.

Even after the fall of the System Lords, there are still Goa'uld out there with their own little armies and what not. The fall of the System Lords simply meant they are no longer a galactic threat, their 'nation' has been toppled, the bulk of their armies defected. So there are still both intelligent and feral goa'uld out there, but they no longer present a galaxy-wide threat or presence.

sigpic
            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Do we see any later effect of minor goa'ulds trying to assert some power after the defeat of the system lords? Do they have technology and power even in their small areas of control? I am waiting for the creators who create a story arc involving Wraiths versus goa'ulds and even a Goa'uld possessing a wraith to defeat the wraith in an alliance with earthlings.....
              Did any of our hero doctors do an autopsy of a Goa'uld, and is there any story line about the origin of the Goa'uld creatures like there is about the wraith?

Comment

We do not see any major plots about the Goa'uld after the fall of the System Lords. We only occasionally see them rear their head. Athena kidnaps Vala and Cam remarks that the Trust is still controlled by Goa'uld. Ba'al kidnapping Teal'c can also be considered indicative as the System Lords are gone and he still has Jaffa followers so it makes sense that surviving lesser Goa'ulds are finding a way to press on.

I don't see the goa'uld would want to defeat the wraith or even ally with the Tau'ri. Ba'al and Yu did it because they were the pragmatic ones. The Goa'uld were scared of the wraith. More than likely the Goa'uld would try to find a way to sever ties between Milky Way and Pegasus like when they planted a bomb in atlantis.

The origin of the Goa'uld was built over several episodes. They started as feral parasites inhabiting the waters of a jungle planets. They would leap out and snatch hosts. The first hosts were unas. With the Unas's ability to learn and primitive technology, they learned how to operate the stargate and they would encounter other advanced races, taking them as host and learning to how use their technology. They began to snowball into a large empire. Whenever they encountered resistance or technology they did not encounter before, they only needed to take someone who understood it as host and their knowledge would be added to their own then passed on during the next generation of offspring. And hence they snowballed into the System Lords, overpowering resistance with overwhelming forces of worshipers and learning about technology they never encountered.

sigpic
                Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Working...
                X