Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would your spin off, sequel, prequel or equal be based on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mix of the three series. Near future. SG teams gate to Destiny and rescue the few survivors remaining (lots of failed pods). They return to Atlantis which is now the SGC (could be on Earth, moon, Mars, Europa, Enceladus or even another system). Public disclosure or soon to be. Earth has a good size fleet with a few capital ships with gates on them (one could be based in Pegasus). An alliance is thriving but still fragile. No need for an identified big bad just yet. Space is dangerous enough already.

- Eli, unstable but strong. Surviving alone for so long on Destiny took its toll. Could be the expert in everything early Ancients, needs to be brought up to speed.
    - Tamara could very well run the ER in Atlantis, do a few missions.
    - Camille could be part of HR or some other administrative position.

Pick a few veterans from SG1 and SGA to return, mix it up with fresh faces. Bring others for cameos once in a while.

Just bring'em back already.

Most of the actors don't have regular gigs anyway and would be happy im sure to reprise their roles.

Comment

Give it another couple of years and set it on an Earth Colony ten years after SGU occurred. The Stargate program has continued to be defunded over the years and hasn't expanded much further while the lack of any real enemies to Earth has meant that there hasn't even been much development in the 304's and other ships and the ones that are still active are manned by multi-national crews to ensure they remain fairly controlled.

The colony is relatively young and is mainly run by scientists and civilians but they feel like they need to pick up on some of the exploration that the SGC itself can no longer afford. They do it with some hesitation from Earth which would rather they just build their world and do what they do (at a guess they have a naquadah or trinium mine or some archaeological dig) but they still get regular supplies from Earth and have a military liaison to help them protect their scientific expeditions. They've even got so far to conduct some trade with some other worlds. Some of the old Goa'uld human slave worlds or even a jaffa world or two. All in all it's a nice quiet life there, until one day they simply lose contact with Earth. Their regular supply doesn't arrive and their own dials to Earth can't connect.

They're essentially put in the same position as a mix between all three of the shows. They're a colony so have some resources and can't go on expeditions but they're essentially travelling to learn what information they can about the state of Earth. Trying to call in favours to get hold of a potential ship to swing by and find out what's happened or get hold of what intel they can, while dealing with interpersonal problems and the issues inherent from being cut off from family and friends back home.

I'm thinking that as the series progresses we find out that there are rumours that Earth has been attacked. This builds tension from some of the more militant members of the colony who begin to blame people like rogue jaffa groups or even such as the Tok'ra or other aliens they come across. Complete with possibly a false lead or two and few clues along the way. At the end of the first season we find out that there has been no attack on Earth, but it is in turmoil as international politics had boiled over with the possibility of it being an all out world war. The 304's themselves have even become a source of conflict as countries attempted to vy for control for them early on. With some in the hands of the US and some in the hands of Russia or China or whatever state you want to be the other side. The SGC and the IOA, having been successfully uniting the nations for some time were at an impasse and were effectively shut down hence why there was no warning to the colony.

What happens after that... well I'm not quite sure. Maybe the reason for the war is an alien conspiracy of some kind which they need to expose....
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Here's a question: would you guys be opposed to a new stargate series taking a completely new tone or direction?

SGU was the start of that with a survival-based tone.

But what if the next one was like a horror based tone where along with alien races there are alien monsters or SCP-like entities they have to fend against.

Or what if they went into a less grounded direction and the next series the SGC had access to things like jetpacks and mech walkers and knew about things like space zombies?

What is your opinion on that?

sigpic
        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Like The Walking Dead in space?

No thanks.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was thinking more like SCP in space or Dead Space or Doom with a stargate. Hell, Doom practically has its own version of a stargate.

sigpic

Comment

I play Doom, but I'm not a horror fan or Walking Dead fan for that matter, so I would not watch that sort of incarnation. Maybe others would, I don't know, but it certainly wouldn't speak to me.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We don't need necesserry a new big bad guys. If they could place a new spinoff to the Milky Way, there would be plenty of stories to tell : what happened with the Loyal and Rebel Jaffas, what happened with our heroes, what happened with the legacy of the Asgard and Goa'uld.

I wouldn't mind to see a new parliament where they would invite the representative of different alien races and new cultural connections would be forged between distant civilizations. etc.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I wish they'd finished, or carried on with SG:U.

There was so much potential in that show, so much mystery (especially the planet/star system creators!) and it was just starting to pick up the pace and get really interesting.

I must admit, I felt so disappointed when it was cancelled, like so many other good shows that I love though.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    We don't need necesserry a new big bad guys. If they could place a new spinoff to the Milky Way, there would be plenty of stories to tell : what happened with the Loyal and Rebel Jaffas, what happened with our heroes, what happened with the legacy of the Asgard and Goa'uld.

I wouldn't mind to see a new parliament where they would invite the representative of different alien races and new cultural connections would be forged between distant civilizations. etc.
                    Everyone but fans would find that boring
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

That is the reason they would be murdered in the pilot by anarchists.

I believe the essence of Stargate is still the adventure through the gate. I am not a big fan of big spaceships as the role stargates started to reduce. SG is not ST or SW. So I hope they return to exploration, first contact, new gate networks, old and new allies and enemies. etc.

I was brainstorming a few things in my fan fiction thread:
                      https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...galaxy-in-2020
                      Mostly new type of stargate networks (like mastergate-subgates, transphase stargates, size changing "transformers" stargates), new stargate protocolls (beaming through the wormhole, moving buildings or later planets etc.). Maybe it is worth of reading as it is really rather a collection of ideas than fan fictions.

I would definately would like to see a "lost hub" type scenario, while our new heroes will use these "shell" type vehicles which uses stargates as a drive, so they have to go after the lost hub of the Milky Way into a new galaxy or maybe they could go even after Destiny. But it is not my job to create a new spinoff.
                      Last edited by Platschu; 03 October 2018, 02:16 PM.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

New GW article on the front page:

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...sequel-future/

Comment

I would definately would like to see a "lost hub" type scenario, while our new heroes will use these "shell" type vehicles which uses stargates as a drive, so they have to go after the lost hub of the Milky Way into a new galaxy or maybe they could go even after Destiny. But it is not my job to create a new spinoff.
                          I disagree. Until some company, studio, or whatever picks up stargate again, it's all our jobs to create new spinoffs to keep the franchise alive. Put on a document and put it online for the world to read. You want a story about a 'lost hub' scenario. Write it and show us what could have been.

sigpic

Comment

Well. I have written down a few ideas here regarding it :

Spoiler:

Clava Thessara Infinitas - the "Hub"
                            http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Clava_Thessara_Infinitas

So I was thinking on this idea for a while. I believe this Ancient treasure room would actually be the hub of the stargate network in the Milky Way galaxy. Nobody knew why it was locked down or abadonned.

The new team would find a mysterious Ancient vehicle, what they would give a nickname as the "Shell". This is such a vehicle, which is capable of carrying passangers or rebuilding itself around a stargate through active wormhole, so it would use it as a "stargate drive". They earn the nickname shell as the pearl is the stargate and the protective building, the shell will be this new vehicle. Or if you follow the Hub allegory, then the Hub was like a police station type of facility where the shell(s) used to function like the police cars. They could follow all the stargate activity in real time as the gates inner memories and synchronization has gone through this lost Hub base. Like a giant router, where every gate expands the local gate protocoll in subspace like a "wifi". The Ancients always believed that the biggest weapon is knowledge, so that is the reason why the hub is called as infinite knowledge as it was a reference to the infinite distance what they can explore with it.

Anyway these shell type of vehicles were used to investigate such faulty gates and DHDs were something unusual activity happened. It could be used to create forcefields in toxic atmosphere or if they were underwater or in space. Then something happened and the whole hub disappeared like it has never existed. There were legends among different races that maybe one day somebody can find this "treasury room", because who can master the hub, can hopefully positively guard the stargate network and maintain the peace in galaxy.

The Hub used to be maintained and kept in secret by a Genie, who lives in the DHD chrystals of the network. Maybe he locked down the planet centuries ago. We can later explain why he needed this desperate act and where the whole facility has been (transphase, other galaxy etc.) The Hub has got a nine chevron address, but it can be only reached safely through this "shell" ship.

I tried to explain how it would work earlier, so basically a piece of transphase technology would allow to rotate the building pieced into an active wormhole, where it could materialize itself around the stargate and then to return to normal phase. The Ancients were planning this type of travel the next achievement after the puddler jumpers as it can rebuild itself in space or in any harsh environment. They were planning not just to maintain the current stargate networks, but even to follow the seeder ships with this technology, so even if the Destiny gates haven't got DHDs, this shell ships carry one on it which adapts to the local stargate network and it can also locate the stargates in the near. Basically it works like an advanced version of dialing ships, what Eli used in the Destiny. They knew that the Destiny was abadonned a long time ago, so the remaining Ancients were working on an alternate solution, but then the plague interrupted the experiment and the normal life of the hub.

The main advance of the shell ships would be that they can jump between huge distances much easier as they need to use the ninth chevron (without the eight) for jumps. Basically they turn on the 9th chevron to support their own transportation with the Shell. They use the combination of the energy of the active wormhole, the transphase and the subspace technologies, so it looks like dr. Rush was wrong about the 9 chevron addresses. The Ancients would have never built in such dangerous wormhole activity into the stargate network, where complete planets can be exploded because of the energy needs. It looks like Rush and his team dialed a nine chevron address through a normal stargate, while this little tel'tac sized ships can do it much easier and safer. The shells can't jump to a distant nine chevron address directly, but they can jump between 8 chevron addresses much easier. Maybe all shell ships would also have their own complete 9 chevron long gate address like an ID number. So theoratically all normal stargate was able to call or to dial this Shell ships. What can be handy if they want to return to it without the Shell, but it can be also dangerous if an enemy finds them as well.

So the new adventure would start on one of this shell vehicle. The mysterious Genie could give them some task to prove themself to be worthy in the Milky Way, while they make a deal with him/her that they can use this technology to go after the Destiny crew. The alien also has got his own past and maybe he is not completly honest why he really shared and helped with this technology in the first place. What they have quickly realized that the Hub has gone and it is not in the Milky Way anymore. It looks like the final "shell" has just landed in the hand of Earth.

The new team would manage to find and to take back the Hub later, where their new alien friend will be the leader and a new hostile alien race will also show up to take it away from them again. That is how the new SG adventure starts..

And here are a few more spinoff-ideas:

Spoiler:
                            Spinoff idea 1) - Stargate : Genesis
                            A new adventure of Ancients, who has just arrived to the Milky Way from the Ori galxy. They just established their first stargate network (universe type of gates). Maybe the main character could be based on the younger Janus, who is a time traveller anyway. Ancients would meet heir future allies (and enemies) for the first time here. The story could still have some connection to the current timeline on Earth through a time loop.

Spinoff idea 2) - Stargate : Titan
                            A tv show about the era when we can see the last decadent years of Four Great Alliance as it being corrupted by different hostile threats. The old gate system was replaced with a newer version in the Milky Way . The new connection of formerly isolated worlds would cause a galaxy wide civil war instead of peace and prosperity. The show would end with the death / flee / ascension of the Ancients, but they would also send a few new seed ship to place stargates in the other galaxies around the Milky Way. Most of the Ancients worlds became extinct and abadonned, so the galaxy suffered a mass extinction.

Spinoff idea 3) - Stargate : Legacy
                            A tv show would follow the decendants of Ancients who returned from Atlantis to Earth. They try to secretly protect Earth after the rebellion against Ra and to overthrow the Goa'uld Empire. So they establish a new alliance of the advanced races against the spreading Goa'uld. They could use a new hidden Ancient outpost base on the Moon (or the Great Library of Alexandria) while the Mediaterran sea is under the control of the Roman Empire. Later this alliance (the Roundtable) is betrayed and their attempts will fail.

Spinoff idea 4) - Stargate : Academy
                            A tv show would follow a new group of heroes, who rediscover the mythical, long lost school planet in the Milky Way which played an important role in the past, but then it was abadonned. They have to stop a new alliance of hostile forces, who blocked the FTL drive in the whole Milky Way and they started galaxy wide attacks against advanced human and Jaffa worlds. This new hostile race studied and upgraded their own stargate network, so our heroes must find a way to save both galaxies from their control with the help of old and new allies and restore the broken peace.

Spinoff idea 5) - Stargate : Valhalla
                            This adventure could follow an expedition to the Othala galaxy, where Earth must prove that they are the real heir of the Asgard legacy against the evil Vanirs.

Spinoff idea 6) - Stargate : Exodus
                            A new alien discovery on the Moon would lead mankind into a new galaxy where they could finally meet the builders of the Stonehenge, who use their own transportion methods.

Spinoff idea 6) - Stargate : Homeworld
                            The new show would continue the daily work of the Homeworld Security, who tries to protect Earth from unimaginable galactic dangers.

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...-in-2020/page3

Comment

I have also imagined some DHD or gate related technological upgrades / safety feature if the Hub could be introduced :

Spoiler:

1. If the chrystal could "scan" to DHD user then it could establish whether the travellers is a human or not. Then the dialed planet's DHD could communicate with the other DHD, so the safety of the journey could be established by new gate protocols.

2. All stargate should have an individual ID. If they have got an ID in the network, then maybe the Hub could suspend individual gates through the inner memory network. This way they could sen out orders to lock particular stargates.

3. If they can identify individual gates, then they could make subgroups for local user races. Like a local Avengers type program would control a bunch of stargates around the same world. This step could be essential for different galactic civilizations.

4. Gates could send incoming travellers through memory then back or to any other world like Anubis did.

5. Maybe the 7th chevron's colour could change like a "lamp" if the journey is safe to the other side, so that is the reason it would be essential to have the "pre-programmed" MW race profiles in the DHDs. Maybe these profiles could be also modified or changed in the Hub. It would mean same races would never ever be able to use the stargate system. So many stories could be based on this if it is used or if it is abused etc. Or even the new council type scenario could work together to develop such safety option as they combine the Goa'uld/Ancient/Asgard technologies for the greater good of the whole galaxy.

6. The Hub could sense if a stargate or a DHD is damaged or malfunctioned and it needs replacement or repair. So essentially they could see such stargates which are unable to spin, but it can still communicate with the other stargate within the inner stargate memory network. This way the Hub could see which stargates were buried.

7. The Hub could also see if a stargate was put into transphase mode in permanently (by Nox) or just temporaly.

8. The Hub could see the Sodan worlds as they work like an inner teleportation network within the stargate.

9. The Hub could see if anyone made any other modification on the network (like adapted VR world, send back loops, extended travelling time worlds, Asgard beam, Goa'uld rings, Stonehenge activity and even the McKay-Carter birdge).

10. The Hub could see if anyone entered with gateships into the wormhole, so it could make a log about the puddle jumpers / Jaffa vehicles / any new developed jumpers. The new "shell" type ships could be also monitored in real time.

11. The Hub could see if a gate is underwater or in toxic atmosphere or in space if it is non-stoply have a connection/pressure on the stargate. Maybe the DHD or the chevrons would have such sensors which would help the different races, so the race profiles could be important.

12. The Hub could see all Ori supergates in the Milky Way...

13. The Hub could also see even the blackholes or solar flares which could affect the journey, like the satellite network in Continuum.

14. The DHD could have a virtual tour guide feature that was the Genie idea. That character could serve the stories as a "living MALP", but I talked about it a lot now.

15. Later this VR character feature could be turned into a communication way to the different worlds. Like a TV chanel projected through the stargate. Or warnings could be sent around.

etc.

So many-many little gate related ideas, which could lead to new adventures. Maybe some of them could be explained why we haven't seen before as the Hub could have been turned off, destroyed or removed. Maybe the extra stargate protocol options were turned off for a reason or even a new enemy twiddled it. Maybe some protocol changes of the DHD/stargate could be inherited from more advanced stargate networks. Or some of them could be a direct modification as any advanced civilization could access gate related technologies, what we talked before.
                              https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...-in-2020/page4

Comment

Well. I have written down a few ideas here regarding it :

Spoiler:

Clava Thessara Infinitas - the "Hub"
                                http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Clava_Thessara_Infinitas

So I was thinking on this idea for a while. I believe this Ancient treasure room would actually be the hub of the stargate network in the Milky Way galaxy. Nobody knew why it was locked down or abadonned.

The new team would find a mysterious Ancient vehicle, what they would give a nickname as the "Shell". This is such a vehicle, which is capable of carrying passangers or rebuilding itself around a stargate through active wormhole, so it would use it as a "stargate drive". They earn the nickname shell as the pearl is the stargate and the protective building, the shell will be this new vehicle. Or if you follow the Hub allegory, then the Hub was like a police station type of facility where the shell(s) used to function like the police cars. They could follow all the stargate activity in real time as the gates inner memories and synchronization has gone through this lost Hub base. Like a giant router, where every gate expands the local gate protocoll in subspace like a "wifi". The Ancients always believed that the biggest weapon is knowledge, so that is the reason why the hub is called as infinite knowledge as it was a reference to the infinite distance what they can explore with it.

Anyway these shell type of vehicles were used to investigate such faulty gates and DHDs were something unusual activity happened. It could be used to create forcefields in toxic atmosphere or if they were underwater or in space. Then something happened and the whole hub disappeared like it has never existed. There were legends among different races that maybe one day somebody can find this "treasury room", because who can master the hub, can hopefully positively guard the stargate network and maintain the peace in galaxy.

The Hub used to be maintained and kept in secret by a Genie, who lives in the DHD chrystals of the network. Maybe he locked down the planet centuries ago. We can later explain why he needed this desperate act and where the whole facility has been (transphase, other galaxy etc.) The Hub has got a nine chevron address, but it can be only reached safely through this "shell" ship.

I tried to explain how it would work earlier, so basically a piece of transphase technology would allow to rotate the building pieced into an active wormhole, where it could materialize itself around the stargate and then to return to normal phase. The Ancients were planning this type of travel the next achievement after the puddler jumpers as it can rebuild itself in space or in any harsh environment. They were planning not just to maintain the current stargate networks, but even to follow the seeder ships with this technology, so even if the Destiny gates haven't got DHDs, this shell ships carry one on it which adapts to the local stargate network and it can also locate the stargates in the near. Basically it works like an advanced version of dialing ships, what Eli used in the Destiny. They knew that the Destiny was abadonned a long time ago, so the remaining Ancients were working on an alternate solution, but then the plague interrupted the experiment and the normal life of the hub.

The main advance of the shell ships would be that they can jump between huge distances much easier as they need to use the ninth chevron (without the eight) for jumps. Basically they turn on the 9th chevron to support their own transportation with the Shell. They use the combination of the energy of the active wormhole, the transphase and the subspace technologies, so it looks like dr. Rush was wrong about the 9 chevron addresses. The Ancients would have never built in such dangerous wormhole activity into the stargate network, where complete planets can be exploded because of the energy needs. It looks like Rush and his team dialed a nine chevron address through a normal stargate, while this little tel'tac sized ships can do it much easier and safer. The shells can't jump to a distant nine chevron address directly, but they can jump between 8 chevron addresses much easier. Maybe all shell ships would also have their own complete 9 chevron long gate address like an ID number. So theoratically all normal stargate was able to call or to dial this Shell ships. What can be handy if they want to return to it without the Shell, but it can be also dangerous if an enemy finds them as well.

So the new adventure would start on one of this shell vehicle. The mysterious Genie could give them some task to prove themself to be worthy in the Milky Way, while they make a deal with him/her that they can use this technology to go after the Destiny crew. The alien also has got his own past and maybe he is not completly honest why he really shared and helped with this technology in the first place. What they have quickly realized that the Hub has gone and it is not in the Milky Way anymore. It looks like the final "shell" has just landed in the hand of Earth.

The new team would manage to find and to take back the Hub later, where their new alien friend will be the leader and a new hostile alien race will also show up to take it away from them again. That is how the new SG adventure starts..

And here are a few more spinoff-ideas:

Spoiler:
                                Spinoff idea 1) - Stargate : Genesis
                                A new adventure of Ancients, who has just arrived to the Milky Way from the Ori galxy. They just established their first stargate network (universe type of gates). Maybe the main character could be based on the younger Janus, who is a time traveller anyway. Ancients would meet heir future allies (and enemies) for the first time here. The story could still have some connection to the current timeline on Earth through a time loop.

Spinoff idea 2) - Stargate : Titan
                                A tv show about the era when we can see the last decadent years of Four Great Alliance as it being corrupted by different hostile threats. The old gate system was replaced with a newer version in the Milky Way . The new connection of formerly isolated worlds would cause a galaxy wide civil war instead of peace and prosperity. The show would end with the death / flee / ascension of the Ancients, but they would also send a few new seed ship to place stargates in the other galaxies around the Milky Way. Most of the Ancients worlds became extinct and abadonned, so the galaxy suffered a mass extinction.

Spinoff idea 3) - Stargate : Legacy
                                A tv show would follow the decendants of Ancients who returned from Atlantis to Earth. They try to secretly protect Earth after the rebellion against Ra and to overthrow the Goa'uld Empire. So they establish a new alliance of the advanced races against the spreading Goa'uld. They could use a new hidden Ancient outpost base on the Moon (or the Great Library of Alexandria) while the Mediaterran sea is under the control of the Roman Empire. Later this alliance (the Roundtable) is betrayed and their attempts will fail.

Spinoff idea 4) - Stargate : Academy
                                A tv show would follow a new group of heroes, who rediscover the mythical, long lost school planet in the Milky Way which played an important role in the past, but then it was abadonned. They have to stop a new alliance of hostile forces, who blocked the FTL drive in the whole Milky Way and they started galaxy wide attacks against advanced human and Jaffa worlds. This new hostile race studied and upgraded their own stargate network, so our heroes must find a way to save both galaxies from their control with the help of old and new allies and restore the broken peace.

Spinoff idea 5) - Stargate : Valhalla
                                This adventure could follow an expedition to the Othala galaxy, where Earth must prove that they are the real heir of the Asgard legacy against the evil Vanirs.

Spinoff idea 6) - Stargate : Exodus
                                A new alien discovery on the Moon would lead mankind into a new galaxy where they could finally meet the builders of the Stonehenge, who use their own transportion methods.

Spinoff idea 6) - Stargate : Homeworld
                                The new show would continue the daily work of the Homeworld Security, who tries to protect Earth from unimaginable galactic dangers.

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...-in-2020/page3
                                I like number 1 and 4.

I would most like to see Atlantis continue and without the Wraith or at least not having them dominating the galaxy. The city itself still must have a alot of thinks left in it to explore. And the Ancient spent millions of years in the Pegasus so it must be full of their technology that is still left to discover.

With the Wraith gone we could also see the rise of many races that managed to hide from the Wraith. They must also have in these 5 series only explored a very small portion of the Pegasus gate system, having to put most of their resources into fighting the Wraith and Michael.

Comment

Working...
                                X