Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would your spin off, sequel, prequel or equal be based on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would your spin off, sequel, prequel or equal be based on?

So I've recently seen Origins and unfortunately wasn't all too impressed. However it did get me thinking about what a good SG webseries could be based on. When I was watching t.v. the other day the episode "Touchstone" (NID using the second gate to steal alien tech) was on and I thought a series from NIDs point of view, following the exploits of an amoral clandestine team, would work well sort of like SG1 Dark. It could be slotted into any part of SG canon since it's meant to be top secret and off the book (even more so than the stargate already is).

That's just something I think might be interesting although maybe not very well thought out yet. What about you guys? What would you like too see?

I have shared a few ideas before, but I don't want to write it down in every topic as people will be annoyed.

My idea was that a new team would meet a DHD living genie type alien, who let them discover an upgraded Ancient vehicle which could use the stargates as "stargate drive" inside. This small vehicle has got it own mystery why was it left in transphase and why could nobody find it for centuries. It could make a shield type of forcefield around itself, then turn into transphase, then transfer itself through an active wormhole, then rebuild itself around the new stargate and turn back to normal phase. Our new heroes would start their journey with one of this travelling building to rescue the lost "hub" of Milky Way which was turned off or occupied by a new alien threat. Maybe this new adventure would lead them to new stargate networks. This idea could work to jump after the Destiny as well.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I.... need.... an.... ending... to....

SGU

Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        I.... need.... an.... ending... to....

SGU

I know. But set is packed up. Actors have gone. The window of opportunity is closed for the a conclusion movie what BW has planned 7 years ago.
        Last edited by Platschu; 18 September 2018, 02:11 PM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          I know. But set is packed up. Actors have gone. The window of opportunity is closed for the a conclusion movie what has BW planned 7 years ago.
          Sacrilege, I will not have any of these shenanigans Platschu. I'm not as naive as to hope for more series, but
          Brad Wright did say a few years back that he had a movie script in the work to conclude all the missing bits and pieces of SGA and SGU into one movie... Stargate Extinction I think? And, well this could be hope for the fut...

*Starts sobbing uncontrollably*
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

*Starts sobbing uncontrollably*
            :hugs:

As far as I know the Stargate : Extinction was an individual SG:A movie about the return of Atlantis to Pegasus galaxy, while the Stargate : Revolution could have been a Jack centric adventure.

BW wanted to write or wrote a conclusion SG:U movie where the SG-1/Atlantis/Universe cast could have been together. They have never revealed a movie title for that movie.

I have also envisoned how I would rescue the team of Destiny here :
            https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ead-supergates

So cheer up, your heroes can be saved with your imagination as well. "The universe is infinite." and "... Because, as we discovered, our mission is and always will be, the journey itself."

Comment

That's very nice of you Platschu and thanks for the info I had it all wrong it seems lol.

Not sure why this series had such an effect on me, I must say I really enjoyed the soundtrack throughout the whole show, kind of atmospheric intense music. I guess SGU was the best of the Sci-Fi world for me: The darker tone, more dramatic and long-term plots / arks along with of course the Stargate and all its lore.

I read your post, nice theory. But, I've always been a partisan of the 1- no rescue or 2- only zpm can get em there.

Anything redacated in regards to how Eli survived the trip between galaxies post S2? My favorite is Eli storing himself in the Stargate buffer and leaving instructions to get him out.
              Spoiler:

Comment

I think something covering something that isn't Ancient would be nice. I mean, we have the old rival of the Ancients, the Ancient city, the enemy of the Ancients, the Ancient ship, the Ancient ring, the Ancient libraries, the ancient secret weapons. They have four great races and the potential to make more if they want so if they do make another spin off, I would really like something that involves more than just Ancients.

sigpic
                Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

It depends what playground you want to imagine. In my SG realm:

- the Oannes have moved humans and aliens with "arks" to their own home galaxy, while they started to flood the worlds through the stargates
                  - the Giant aliens have also taken some humans to an other galaxy through their "chrystall skull" network
                  - the Nox could also put stargates (or planets) in transphase to protect their evolution etc.
                  - not the mention that we have got the Ori galaxy
                  - we have the abadonned (?) Asgard galaxies where Vanirs can take over after they have left the Pegasus galaxy
                  - even a completly new advanced alien race can modify some gate seeding ships to create new stargate systems or protocolls, so the heritage of the Ancients would serve them
                  - a time traveller enemy from the past
                  - and the joker : the Furlings

So I believe just these options would be enough for 2-3-4 new spinoffs. There would be so many options to expand the existing lore nicely and on believably ways. Just they should plan ahead the different ages : what alliances existes, what races ruled, why have the Ancient were not involved etc.

I always wanted to see the "next level" of stargate travelling. We have seen the short distance ones (Destiny), the "normal" ones in Milky Way, the advanced space gates and jumpers in the Pegasus. But it doesn't mean the Ancients couldn't evolve their own technology in the last 10 000 years. That is the reason it would be essential to place Merlin and the Roundtable in the timeline before or after Ra, how long the Goa'ulds have been here, why have they not returned etc.

Comment

I don't want an online webseries for the simple reason that it would be off-limits to half the fanbase anyway.

I would go with a 6-episode miniseries of 1h long episodes telling the tale of how the Ancients ended up on Earth after, what I imagine, was the last great Wraith/Ancient war. Perhaps start right before, in the middle and then the end. It could be a prequel, like Origins to SG-1, to Atlantis.

Give it plenty of budget, high quality cast, high quality special effects, and make a deal with Netflix to broadcast it simultaneously with the rest of the world. That way, no fan is left behind....
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                      I think something covering something that isn't Ancient would be nice. I mean, we have the old rival of the Ancients, the Ancient city, the enemy of the Ancients, the Ancient ship, the Ancient ring, the Ancient libraries, the ancient secret weapons. They have four great races and the potential to make more if they want so if they do make another spin off, I would really like something that involves more than just Ancients.
                      Agreed.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I don't want an online webseries for the simple reason that it would be off-limits to half the fanbase anyway.

I would go with a 6-episode miniseries of 1h long episodes telling the tale of how the Ancients ended up on Earth after, what I imagine, was the last great Wraith/Ancient war. Perhaps start right before, in the middle and then the end. It could be a prequel, like Origins to SG-1, to Atlantis.

Give it plenty of budget, high quality cast, high quality special effects, and make a deal with Netflix to broadcast it simultaneously with the rest of the world. That way, no fan is left behind....
                        Netflix still geoblocks
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Netflix still geoblocks
                          I know it does, hence why I decided against getting a subscription now. I thought I could watch all The CW shows on it, but I was wrong -- they only have a 1 or 2 seasons each on there. So I'm waiting for season 2 of Star Trek Discovery in 2019 to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I know it does, hence why I decided against getting a subscription now. I thought I could watch all The CW shows on it, but I was wrong -- they only have a 1 or 2 seasons each on there. So I'm waiting for season 2 of Star Trek Discovery in 2019 to get one.
                            It really depends which country you're in I believe. There are ways to circumvent that though. Why don't you try one of those boxes that stream a bunch of content on it? I believe those boxes are still in a gray area in terms of the law, because its basically streaming torrents legally.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

It really depends which country you're in I believe. There are ways to circumvent that though. Why don't you try one of those boxes that stream a bunch of content on it? I believe those boxes are still in a gray area in terms of the law, because its basically streaming torrents legally.
                              Oh, I have plenty resources.... *wink wink* ...to keep up with my shows. I just wanted to relieve my harddrives a little.

Belgium has one of the smallest Netflix libraries in existence, I think. Netflix Belgium and The Netherlands is lumped together, but the libraries are vastly different.

Comment

Working...
                              X