Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What non sci-fi/fantasy book are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A Darkness Absolute" by Kelley Armstrong.

Second in the "Casey Duncan" series of mystery novels set in the off the grid township of Rockton.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

"This Fallen Prey" by Kelley Armstrong.

Third in the "Casey Duncan" series.
      Last edited by BruTak; 02 May 2019, 05:37 AM. Reason: Typo.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Oh if any of you are on Goodreads.com -- come find me --> Finn (I have a black horse running in the snow as my profile image).
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

"Into the Valley of Death" by A.L. Berridge.

Military historical fiction set during the Crimean War of 1854.

In the midst of battle, Corporal Harry Ryder and his comrades, Pvt. Charlie Oliver, Pvt. Niall Mackenzie stumble across a plot by a Russian spy to undermine the British Army by posing as a staff officer and issuing contradictory orders.
          sigpic

Comment

"Scat" by Carl Hiaasen.

Mrs. Starch, the fiercist, most formidable teacher in the Truman School, steps down a trail in Florida's Black Vine Swamp and vanishes.

Two of her students, Nick Waters and Marta Gonzalez, are determined to find out what's going on.

But with an angry teenage arsonist, a crazed eco-activist, a corrupt oil prospector, and an irate Florida panther on the loose, it's hardly a walk in the park.
            sigpic

Comment

"The Cutting Edge" by Jeffery Deaver.

Book 14 in the "Lincoln Rhyme" series of police procedural/forensic mysteries.
              sigpic

Comment

Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election by Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller, III

Minus the redacted pages of course.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

"Celtic Empire" by Clive Cussler, with Dirk Cussler.

Book 25 in the "Dirk Pitt" series of historical mystery/techno-thrillers.
                  sigpic

Comment

"The Next Person You Meet in Heaven" By Mitch Albom

It's kind of a sequel to his book "The Five People You Meet in Heaven"
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

"The Watcher in the Woods" by Kelley Armstrong.

Fourth in the "Casey Duncan" series.
                      sigpic

Comment

"The Lost Ten" by Harry Sidebottom.

Historical military fiction set in the 3rd century AD.

Marcus Aelius Valens, a junior officer in the Roman Army, must lead a crack squad of Legionaries deep into hostile territory on a mission to rescue an allied prisoner from the impregnable Castle of Silence.

As one by one his soldiers die or disappear, he begins to suspect that there's a traitor in their midst, and that the rescue is fast becoming a suicide mission.

In other words, it's "Bravo Two Zero" meets "Saving Private Ryan", with just a dash of "Where Eagles Dare".
                        sigpic

Comment

"Lucy Wilson and the Bledoe Cadets" by Tim Gambrell.

Book 21 in the "HAVOC Files" series featuring a retired Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, and fifth in the "Laughing Gnome" sequence.
                          sigpic

Comment

"To Kill the President" by Sam Bourne.

A political conspiracy thriller from the author of "The Righteous Men".
                            sigpic

Comment

"The Admiral's Game" by David Donachie.

Fifth in the "Lt. John Pearce" series of naval adventure stories set in the 19th century.
                              sigpic

Comment

"Lethal White" by Robert Galbraith (AKA J.K. Rowling).

Fourth in the "Cormoran Strike" series of detective mystery novels.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X