Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What non sci-fi/fantasy book are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Rogue Wave" by Boyd Morrison. It is about a huge tsunami that hits Hawaii, caused by an asteroid hitting the ocean.

"Seattle Quake 9.2" by Marti Talbot. From the title, it is obvious what it is about.

After reading both of these, I really needed something fun to read.

Comment

Print and paper, "The Encircling Sea" by Adrian Goldsworthy.

Second in the "Vindolanda" series of historical novels set in Roman occupied Britain in the 1st century AD, and featuring Centurion Flavius Ferox.

Kindle, "The Scarlet Thief" by Paul Fraser Collard.

First in the "Jack Lark" series of historical military novels set in the mid 19th century. Broadly speaking, Lark is a Victorian era counterpart to Richard Sharpe.

Comics, "The Complete Peanuts: vol. 12 - 1973-1974" by Charles M. Schulz.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

By the illustrator Marloes De Vries, "Growing Up Is Optional" (Dutch title: Volwassen Worden Is Optioneel)

It's hilariously accurate.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

"Secrets in the Cellar" by John Glatt.

A non-fiction true crime book about the Josef Fritzl case.

"The Complete Peanuts: Vol. 15 - 1985-1986" by Charles M. Schulz.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

About to start Dan Brown's Angels and Demons.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

"The Complete Peanuts: vol. 20 - 1989-1990" by Charles M. Schulz.
              sigpic

Comment

"Homicide Miami: The Millionaire Killers" by Peter Davidson.

A true crime book detailing the story of the "Sun Gym gang" and the murders of of Frank Griga and Krisztina Furton along with the kidnapping and extortion of Marc Schiller.
                sigpic

Comment

"Agent Jack: The True Story of MI5's Secret Nazi Hunter" by Robert Hutton.
                  sigpic

Comment

"Catch That Tiger" by Noel Botham and Bruce Montague.

The true story of Winston Churchill's secret plan to capture an intact and functional Tiger tank.
                    sigpic

Comment

"The Last Hour" by Harry Sidebottom.

Seventh in the "Warrior of Rome" series of historical action novels set in the late 3rd century AD.

Marcus Clodius Ballista has until sunset the next day to get across the eternal city, and save the Emperor. If he fails, his family will die. The Watch have orders to arrest him, while other sinister forces want him dead.
                      sigpic

Comment

-Stormaktens sista krig : Sverige och stora nordiska kriget 1700-1721 by Olle Larsson
                        -The Glorious Cause: The American Revolution, 1763-1789 (Oxford History of the United States) by Robert Middlekauff
                        -Suomen sota 1808-1809 by Hårdstedt Martin

Comment

"Dead Pirates of Cawsand" by Steve Higgs.

Fourth in the "Blue Moon Investigations" series featuring ex-soldier turned detective Tempest Michaels.

Urban fantasy, but with the fantasy element being more "Scooby Doo" than anything else. Criminals using people's belief in the supernatural to cover their tracks when committing crimes.
                          sigpic

Comment

Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri a Swedish translation from 2005.

Comment

Just finished a series called "Corps Justice" by C.G. Cooper. A thriller about a group of retired marines who accept assignments from the President to rescue people and root out the bad guys around the world.

Comment

Dylan Kane (secret agent series) by J. Robert Kennedy.

Comment

Working...
                                X