Wraith Zombie movies! What's your favorite?

Any horror fans here? More specifically Zombie movies fans?

My personal favorite is 28 Days Later, I must've seen this movie 10-15 times. Not your classic zombies so to speak, but this movie overall was a pioneer in its genre imo. Love the Rage infected Z's and of course the classic main character waking up in a hospital scene was great too. Not to confuse with 28 weeks, which was the sequel.

Night of the Living Dead, OG black and white version, is actually awesome. I didn't believe at the time that I could enjoy a black and white movie. Johny, Johny!

I am getting a bit sick and tired of TWD, this show needs to be put down it's gone for too long. Probably will since Rick and a bunch others are leaving the show. Would love to have many more indie zombie movies, if anybody has suggestions please feel free to comment!

Default Re: Zombie movies! What's your favorite?

I'm gonna be that guy: "infected" are not zombies (I did really enjoy 28 Days Later, I'm just being nitpicky)

The original Night of the Living Dead was brilliant. The original Dawn of the Dead was brilliant - and the remake was pretty decent, too. And big points for both Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead; great movies both.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I'm gonna be that guy: "infected" are not zombies (I did really enjoy 28 Days Later, I'm just being nitpicky)
    Actually no you're not, and it was intended as a trap to trigger the real fans Completely agree with you on this.
    The original Night of the Living Dead was brilliant. The original Dawn of the Dead was brilliant - and the remake was pretty decent, too. And big points for both Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead; great movies both.
    Agreed, NoTL remains as my favorite in the old movies and the Dawn of the Dead remake was great. Loved the target practice scene with Burt Reynolds. Mixed feelings for Zombieland, never played the game but I think the whole create your custom weapon with garbage that somehow becomes a tool of war was a bit much, but I loved the sequel.

Any clue as to if any new Z movies are in the making? They were trending a decade ago, seems like the interest has gone down.

Probie

I'm not a big fan of Z movies, but "World War Z" is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by maxlatty View Post
    I enjoyed it too. The funny thing is the author of the original book, does not.

If anyone's interested by the history of Zombie movies, and other horrors, I would strongly suggest watching ''History of Horror'' documentaries by Eli Roth, very interesting.

@Digifluid: I was laughing my ass off while watching the first episode of this doc. The author of the World War Z book (not to confuse with the movie, two different beasts) is like: I prefer fast zombies *Turns his head towards the camera*: AND I KNOW THEY ARE INFECTED BY RAGE NOT ZOMBIES THANK YOU WE GOT IT.

Shaun of the Dead for me.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Shaun of the Dead for me.
    A cult classic. This movie is responsible for reviving the Zombie genre on small and big screen, prior to Shaun there hasn't been a Z movie in like 10-15 years. I think the reason why this movie is so good is that it's a comedy, but not a zombie parody.

^ Not quite. The Dawn of the Dead remake came out a month before Shaun of the Dead’s UK premiere, and that’s one of few remakes that’s really quite good.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

^ Not quite. The Dawn of the Dead remake came out a month before Shaun of the Dead’s UK premiere, and that’s one of few remakes that’s really quite good.
    Right... it is true these two movies got out at the same time, I stand corrected (Proceeds to shoot Burt Reynolds in the zombie crowd).

Man I just wish Romero didn't die so young, do you know what's the cause? I guess drugs?

I dunno, he was 75 or 80 or something like that, that’s long past working age for most people. And being a creator/director is probably a ton of work, so we’re probably lucky he did as much as he did before he died.

And he died of lung cancer. Being a guy who built a Hollywood career in the 60s and 70s, I’d be willing to bet he probably spent a good chunk of his life smoking like a chimney (especially with the stress of being a director).

I dunno, he was 75 or 80 or something like that, that’s long past working age for most people. And being a creator/director is probably a ton of work, so we’re probably lucky he did as much as he did before he died.

And he died of lung cancer. Being a guy who built a Hollywood career in the 60s and 70s, I’d be willing to bet he probably spent a good chunk of his life smoking like a chimney (especially with the stress of being a director).
    Okay I got all my dates wrong, I thought he died at 57 or something.

Yea every interviews I've seen of him he's got a smoke in his mouth. He did a ton of work, especially since almost every scenes of his movies were filmed in Pennsylvania, which was very odd at the time not to shoot in Hollywood.

This man was a ground-breaker and denounced inequalities and parodied the reality of his time in every single movie he made. Night of the Living Dead had a black man as the main character, how crazy was that at the time (late 60s)? Zombies had been around for a while, but they had never been portrayed as man eaters, that was a first as well. Not to mention the ''rules'' he created (Shot to the head or Burn them).

Did you know Nikitero from TWD played a zombie in the first Dawn of the Dead and worked on special effects? That's how he got into the business and he learned from the best.

Gimple might be the writer, but TWD's success should be mainly attributed to Nikitero for the realism of his effects and zombie makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by maxlatty View Post
    I hated that one, the book was so much better. An a far better, more interesting film could have been made using the stories from the book, instead of just the name of the book.

What mine favourite, there to many to from, Cockneys vs Zombies was a great laugh, Zombieland was to.

I probably like TWD more than any one movie - but for movies I'd say Shaun of the Dead and Resident Evil. (Honorable mention to Warm Bodies)

I would suggest ''The Girl with All the Gifts'' (2018), by far one of the best Z movie I've ever watched. Story is great, the cast is superb and the movie in itself is quite shocking.