No announcement yet.

Zombie movies! What's your favorite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both of those movies sound interesting Chaka, I may just check them out.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      Years ago I started writing a blog called "A Good Day To Die".

https://web.archive.org/web/20150404...od-day-to-die/
      Interesting, thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Both of those movies sound interesting Chaka, I may just check them out.
      I'd suggest The Dead to begin since Pontypool is more of a mindtrip kind of movie, if you enjoy flicks that pretty much remain in one secluded spot.

I honestly don't know why I haven't heard of The Dead (2010) before, it's really one of the best in my opinion and I've seen almost every single zombie movie there is.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        I would suggest ''The Girl with All the Gifts'' (2018), by far one of the best Z movie I've ever watched. Story is great, the cast is superb and the movie in itself is quite shocking.
        I loved that movie!
        Talking about Zombies I loved the take iZombie premise has, though I only watched one episode.
        Hello
        I like Daniel. Why is there not a simple heart emoji? I got a crush on Daniel. I think I always did.

Comment

The Dead Don't Die looks to have some promise.

I

My favorites? I'll go with the original NOTLD, with the Dawn of the Dead remake in a close second.
          I would have enjoyed World War Z much more if it wasn't titled WWZ.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
            I would have enjoyed World War Z much more if it wasn't titled WWZ.
            I'm just hung up on Americans not being able to pronounce Z correctly
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I pronounce it Z.

Comment

Zed except for zombies, those are Z's.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

They are not

Random (semi-on-topic) aside: where do we land on the "zombies" from the original Doom games? Technically they're not reanimated dead in the traditional NotLD sense, and they're not 'infected' either, they're dead guys who have been resurrected by evil. I'm not sure where to put them on the Zombie Spectrum.
                  Last edited by DigiFluid; 19 June 2019, 04:19 PM.

Comment

If they are reanimated well technically they are zombies in the loose kind of term (any creation technically is a zombie).

But would Doom be a movie it's not what I would put into the zombie genre personally, zombie movies stop being zombie movies when they are mixed with other more powerful monsters or controlled by an entity, kind of Resident evil (how good this could've been if they stayed true to the RE 1 game!).

But not going as far as saying 28dayslater wouldn't be a zombie movie bc of the rage infected.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Z's are funny. I used to drive a Nissan Z - the 280zx model. I had a vanity license plate - "ZEDEX" - pronounced, "Zed-ex", because of course, I'm Aussie and we use the English "Zed".
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                      X