Teyla and Ronon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla and Ronon

What is the reason that Teyla and Ronon dress like they live constantly in Miami Beach while everyone else dresses in regular clothes and uniforms?
    Even Teal'c wore a uniform at times.
    And it appears that when the main team is off Atlantis Teyla is left in control of Atlantis. How can that be? What are her qualifications to replace Dr. Weir?!
    Have Teyla and Ronon ever been to earth?
    Last edited by Davey; 11 September 2018, 07:35 PM.

Originally posted by Davey View Post
    What is the reason that Teyla and Ronon dress like they live constantly in Miami Beach while everyone else dresses in regular clothes and uniforms?
    And it appears that when the main team is off the Enterprise Teyla is left in control of Atlantis. How can that be? What are her qualifications to replace Dr. Weir?!
    Not yet.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

They dress like so because they are the token, sexy aliens. Because the cliché goes that only the male nerd watches scifi, so when it seemed woman also watched they added Ronon to balance it out.

Teyla is a leader of her people, a skilled diplomat/trader and a warrior. She's perfectly qualified to be interim leader of the city.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

In Teyla's defense, she is also the leader of her people who she has frequent contact with (for awhile) and, as a result, can get replacement clothes made for her. It's not illogical for her to want to remain in a style of clothing familiar with her for as long as she does. And she does actually start wearing Earth clothing when her life becomes more about Atlantis and her time with her people are more visits than a division of time between responsibilities. I'm not sure if there were earlier instances where you'd see her in the Atlantis expedition uniform or sporting the flak jacket, but it becomes a regular thing in season 4.

Ronon is another matter.

Comment

Then of course is the totally naked Asgard Hermion. I couldn't decide whether it was done for humor to inject a comical/cartoon element or that it was meant for a serious reference back to Roswell......

Comment

Then of course is the totally naked Asgard Hermion. I couldn't decide whether it was done for humor to inject a comical/cartoon element or that it was meant for a serious reference back to Roswell......
            Asexual -- could go either way.

Comment

Yes, but I was referring to the use of puppet-like being who they treat as one of their own. Was it meant for a humorous addition or a subtle reference to Roswell? Is anyone in Roswell thinking that today's UFOs are actually the Asgard or maybe some Ancients?!! ;-)

Comment

And it appears that when the main team is off Atlantis Teyla is left in control of Atlantis. How can that be? What are her qualifications to replace Dr. Weir?!

EDIT; They have both been on earth. Ronon has been there more than once - in the episode where Sheppard's father died and he accompanied Sheppard to the funeral. And in the episode "Midway".

Teyla was also on earth in the episode "Midway" for an interview with the IOA. She spent 2 days at the SGC without seeing anything else of earth. She was quite displeased with the IOA rep who interviewed her who kept calling her "honey", but managed to stop herself from punching him.
                Last edited by hedwig; 01 October 2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Davey is only on season 3. We were trying to avoid specific spoilers as he works his way through the series for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                    Davey is only on season 3. We were trying to avoid specific spoilers as he works his way through the series for the first time.
                    I assume because he asked the question that he did want to know if Teyla and Ronon ever made it to earth. If he didn't really want to know, I doubt if he would have asked the question.

And if he's on Season 3, he should have seen "Home", since it was in the first season.

Comment

I'm sorry I started seeing episodes out of order when I started posting and was given some suggestions. I had seen all of the Season 1 a couple of years ago, and didn't start going through season 2 chronologically.

Comment

Teyla makes it Earth ... although can't quite remember where... end of season 4?
                        I remember interviews, and possibly something about wanting to smack Woolsey... or I read that in a fanfic... can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Teyla makes it Earth ... although can't quite remember where... end of season 4?
                          I remember interviews, and possibly something about wanting to smack Woolsey... or I read that in a fanfic... can't remember.
                          She gets there before then. There is Shepps dad's funeral, and you can imply that she has been there at least one more time as she has gone through the IOA vetting process before Ronon.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Teyla did not appear in the episode you're referring to, Gatefan. That was part of three episodes in a row that they wrote around her because...

Spoiler:
                            of her pregnancy. In the beginning, Mckay tells Sheppard that he put in for permission to return to Earth, but wasn't able to because he had to fix the Ancient device from season 1's "Childhood's End." When Sheppard is about to leave through the Stargate, Ronon appears and tells Sheppard that he's going with, so it ends up just being the two of them. Teyla is not even mentioned.

Teyla's first experience "of" Earth was in season 1's "Home." I'm actually not sure that her first real time on Earth wasn't...

Spoiler:
                            the finale. She didn't go back in season 3's mid-season two-parter. She may have gone under the guise of being interviewed off-screen, as you suggested, but there were limited windows where that was possible without a prolonged journey back on the Daedalus and there's no suggestion of her disappearing for 3 1/2 weeks at any point. And, of course, they had plenty of opportunities to send someone to talk to her on Atlantis by the time the Midway Station came about. Overall, I don't recall her being on Earth on-screen before the finale, but I could be forgetting something.

Regarding Teyla possibly threatening Woolsey and that being linked to her being on Earth...

Woolsey appeared in the first two episodes of season 3. In the first episode Weir met him on Earth. In the second Weir and Woolsey hitched a ride by to Atlantis on an Asgard ship and Woolsey returned to Earth at the end of the episode by way of the Stargate. He returned for the season three two parter during which time Teyla remained in the Pegasus galaxy, he returned to Atlantis in the 8th episode of season 4 to perform an evaluation of...

Spoiler:
                            Carter, and then there was the season 4 finale and his role in season 5.

So unless she threatened to smack him when he came to visit Atlantis or when he...

Spoiler:
                            first took over as leader, I'm not sure when that would've happened.
                            Last edited by Xaeden; 14 September 2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                              So unless she threatened to smack him when he came to visit Atlantis or when he...

Spoiler:
                              first took over as leader, I'm not sure when that would've happened.
                              It's far more likely that I read it in a fanfic where the ladies were actually front and center. The lines sometimes get a little blurry.

Comment

Working...
                              X