Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Woman Who Fell to Earth (3701 / 1101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just caught it as Ive been away. Enjoyed it, took a while to see her as the Doctor and not Jodie trying to be the Doctor if that makes sense but she owns it by the end of the episode!

Like cosmichobo, I thought Graham's wife might not come along for the ride as she wasnt in promotional material and guessed she was up for the chop once she went to fight the creature. Was sad to see her go though.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      Just caught it as Ive been away. Enjoyed it, took a while to see her as the Doctor and not Jodie trying to be the Doctor if that makes sense but she owns it by the end of the episode!

Like cosmichobo, I thought Graham's wife might not come along for the ride as she wasnt in promotional material and guessed she was up for the chop once she went to fight the creature. Was sad to see her go though.
      I thought she had the character pretty much from the get-go, only thing that seemed odd to me was that she couldn't remember her name, which is unique for a regeneration as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        I thought she had the character pretty much from the get-go, only thing that seemed odd to me was that she couldn't remember her name, which is unique for a regeneration as far as I know.
        Not quite. As I recall the 2nd, 4th, 7th and 8th Doctors all couldn't remember they were the Doctor to varying degrees. The 8th I think was the worst as he couldn't even remember being timelord.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Who am l???????

Was the 8th’s first words I believe.

---

Ahh yes - here you go.

Last edited by cosmichobo; 14 October 2018, 12:04 AM.
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

I don't think I've seen any of the 8th doctor. I watched a few Doctors, Colin Baker and that era, but it became unavailable around here shortly after that, and I ddn't pick it up again till the 9th Doctor.

Comment

A very recent episode of NCIS made me think exactly of this episode. They had a killer who took one tooth from all his victims
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                I don't think I've seen any of the 8th doctor. I watched a few Doctors, Colin Baker and that era, but it became unavailable around here shortly after that, and I ddn't pick it up again till the 9th Doctor.
                8th is just the movie, and the mini ep "night of the doctor"

Oh, and the big finish audio drama's before digi kills me
                Last edited by Gatefan1976; 15 October 2018, 10:06 PM.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I think that Jodie Whittaker is doing a great job. It usually takes me a couple of episodes to get used to a new Doctor, but she has all the elements for great potential. . I also really like the intro for the new companions and their personal loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    8th is just the movie, and the mini ep "night of the doctor"
                    *menaces GF1976*

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Oh, and the big finish audio drama's before digi kills me
                    Ah, WELL THEN
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

When I was watching the episode, I thought how "fresh" - and daring - to actually have a family member of the new "companion(s)" die right in the first ep.

Of course, in reality this is not new at all. The Second Doctor's companion, Victoria, lost her father to the Daleks, and the 4th / 5th Doctor's ensemble - Adric, Nyssa and Tegan all lost close family members in their opening stories.

The difference I expect however will be the fact that in the original era, there was rarely any mention of the losses other than to briefly wrap it up in one scene.

I am hoping, given the much more fleshed out nature of the characters in WHO these days, that we will get to see some more grieving this time round. Not an easy topic to handle on the middle of a sci-fi adventure show, but Chibs made the choice to start that way, and had better give it a proper follow through.
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                      X