Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for Good Quality Stargate Sound Effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for Good Quality Stargate Sound Effects?

Hi all, I'm trying to find a place with the best quality Stargate sound effects. Does anyone have any preferred sources? From all shows. And including as much as possible.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

The Carter Add-on Pack for Garry's Mod has the most sound effects in one location. I've used them on some of my own projects. This includes almost all sounds from all three stargates and DHDs, weapons, spaceships, and more. However, the quality varies greatly because they were all recorded from the shows. Only the SG-1 gate has perfect sounds, including a clean long spin sound, as they were taken from Stargate: Resistance.

I have managed to rip a couple of sound effects from SG-1 myself. The gate freeze from "Solitudes" when Carter enters the gate's own address, a clean door opening from the Prometheus, and the Prometheus alarm. If episodes have a 5.1 surround audio track, it is easier to isolate certain sound effects as long as there is no music.

Comment

I don't actually have Garry's Mod. Is it still possible to download the add-on and extract the sounds?

Also, would it possible to get those Prometheus sound effects too? Thanks.
      Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 29 August 2018, 01:03 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
        I don't actually have Garry's Mod. Is it still possible to download the add-on and extract the sounds?

Also, would it possible to get those Prometheus sound effects too? Thanks.
        You can download the resources of the addon pack, with the sounds, here: https://github.com/RafaelDeJongh/cap_resources

I don't think I actually have the sound effects still. I cleaned up a lot when I started working on my current projects, but I still have stuff floating around somewhere. If I have them, then I don't know where they are now.

Comment

Thanks, nivao. Do I need to register an account to download the files?
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, nivao. Do I need to register an account to download the files?
            Nope. You can just download a .zip. If you don't know how, there's a clear green button on the right side that says "Clone or download". Click it, then click "Download ZIP" and you get all the listed folders and files as a .zip archive. All the sounds are, obviously, in the "sounds" folder.

Comment

Stupid of me missing that. Thank you very much.
              sigpic

Comment

Stupid of me missing that. Thank you very much.
                Just make sure you follow the overall license and then it should all be okay for you to use them
                I think Locotus, the original sound engineer on the project still has some of the original "not" compressed version of the sounds. You could probably contact him over on steam or so.

Comment

Working...
                X