Why did SGA create the Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    Really... You should watch the show as the Wraith became more and more interesting and complex race. Nothing is just black and white. If you don't like the Atlantis setting, then watch at least the Instinct - Conversion - Michael episodes from season 2 or the Common Ground from season 3 to convince you what you missed.

A Goa'uld/Wraith hasn't happened in SG:A, but I wished it would. Maybe it can happen in fan fiction.
    OK, I will then.

Comment

I saw Instinct. The horrific screeching and Wraith appearance seems extreme to an otherwise impressive story and good acting. That's what was hard for me to take in the first season I watched.
      I wondered though, if Wraith consumed normal food until adolescence then presumably the Wraith had to have had normal supply of human consumable food available. Was it possible for the Wraith to feed off of animals or just humans?

Comment

Well done. Now you can jump to the episode "Michael" or the "Common Ground". By the way all SG:A episodes have got their own thread, so just share your questions or doubts there and we will guide you.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Supposedly Stargate Command All Access expires on September 19, so I won't be able to watch more of SA after that so easily.

Comment

Was it ever a realistic possibility to capture a few Wraiths and experiment retrovirus techniques on them and create a group of normalizing Wraiths? What would a Wraith be like if in fact the DNA of the iranis bug were destroyed? Do they reproduce sexually?
            Having watched Allies after Michael, I am interested to know why Wraith could not just feed on other Wraith directly? And if they weren't concerned about the retrovirus, then they weren't worried about getting a new "feeding" source because they thought they could get to Earth and spare their enemies in the civil war?
            Last edited by Davey; 03 September 2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
              Was it ever a realistic possibility to capture a few Wraiths and experiment retrovirus techniques on them and create a group of normalizing Wraiths? What would a Wraith be like if in fact the DNA of the iranis bug were destroyed? Do they reproduce sexually?
              They were dealing with these questions, if you watch the show. Especially the 2x17 Michael, then the end of season 2 episode "Allies".
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

All these questions have a familiar theme...…………………..
                I got it, it's the same theme when I speak to my kids about something they have never seen and they speak over the show when they give the answers.

Davey, WATCH the show. you don't have to like it afterwards, you can tear it down along the way as well if you want. SGA is my favorite "SG" show but there where plenty of stinkers in there as well, but you are asking questions like there are no answers, yet all your answers exist within the show.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Got it, will do. Thanks.

Comment

After watching Season 2 Conversion I wondered about the overall significance of hybridizing the DNA of a human with ANY creature, animal, insect, whatever. Even more than the pure fictional Goa'uld, the Wraith is at least a potential reality. How much destruction can the Iratus bug create on a human? And given that there were all those eggs and insects in the cave, where were they going to get their nourishment if there were no humans around? Yes, I posted on that episode in the forum too. But these are general questions. What could be the effect of any type hybridizing? Where does the enormous strength come from? OK, I add these to my previous questions. Now on to watch the episode Michael.

Comment

I'm not sure if you know this, I think it was revealed in that episode, but the Wraith are mutated Iratus bugs. Due to feeding off of the Ancients during the war, they somehow mutated to mix human (Ancient) DNA with their own. After thousands of years, if not a couple of million, they mutated into the form we know today. The retrovirus would subdue the Iratus DNA and introduce more human DNA, thus making a Wraith more human.

I think because the bugs are smaller, they require a simpler metabolism so don't need to completely "drain" a full-sized human to revitalize themselves. Then again, we never really saw any deeper clarification of the bugs' biology to understand them. The Wraith have "evolved" so there would be differences.

Comment

He has seen only 3-4 episodes from the whole Atlantis as he hates the Wraith. So I have suggested a few episode names just to understand their motives in the spinoff, but maybe I should have suggested some random standalone episodes to convince him to watch this SG show.

Comment

Just watched Michael and found it to be an outstanding presentation of the ethical issues involved in using the drug on the Wraith. However, in the final analysis if Beckett's drug worked Atlantis would have the very difficult job of continuing to blast the Wraith with the drug and THEN becoming morally responsible for taking care of what? Millions of Wraith in the universe who have become pure humans needed repeated treatments for the rest of their lives?!
                          And more than anything else ---- how does one interact in diplomacy with an enemy who views humans as FOOD?!!
                          Last edited by Davey; 03 September 2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                            What about a Goa'uld that takes over a Wraith host that was previously made a prior?
                            I guess the closest we have seen of an encounter between a goa'uld and a wraith would be regarding the confrontation with the Trust and goa'uld occupied Colonel Caldwell..... But had it been closer.......say a goa'uld jumps onto the neck of a Wraith to save mankind by deceiving the wraith. There's alot of potential when humans team up with the evil goa'uld against the more evil wraith!

Comment

So you have seen more Atlantis episode then. Just watch the show all the episodes until you can.

Comment

Trinity has a fun evil wraith

Comment

Working...
                                X