No announcement yet.

Why did I only like SG1??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translating microbes were used in FarScapeif I remember well. Since the Ancient is Latin or Latin was an Ancient dialect, we could explain that those languages could be understood in the galaxy.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

look at it this way, say your on a planet, you have about 2 million people, whats the planet for? is it a mine? is it just a place to live? is it a factory world? people will be scattered youl have alota people living in luxury places, beautiful skylines beautiful homes, and you have maybe a small observer populace near the island or continenent the gate sits on, youl have a deployable military near it maybe, but you wont keep it near your main factories or valuable places, and its dangerous, its like having "pandoras box" aka a giant portal to the after life, and anything can walk out of it, dragons, murderous vampires, ghost men that can posses people, you dont want to live near that, youd be far away from that nightmare box

Comment

We were just talking about this in the other thread :
        https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...-the-Milky-Way
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

These ideas are sensible in relation to the dilemma of communicating throughout the universe. It would be great if future Stargate creators take it into consideration.

Comment

Here I am actually looking at Season 3 Episode 1 of Atlantis. I must admit that Rodney is becoming my most favorite character. Hewlitt does a magnificent job of contributing ongoing comic anxiety. I prefer it to boring star battles. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
              Here I am actually looking at Season 3 Episode 1 of Atlantis. I must admit that Rodney is becoming my most favorite character. Hewlitt does a magnificent job of contributing ongoing comic anxiety. I prefer it to boring star battles. ;-)
              You chose the right character to love. He'll be front and center from now till the end of the show to the detriment of all other characters.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

For me, SG-1 is kind of comedic sci-fi, the show was very light hearted. I'm not a fan of stereotypical sci-fi like Star Wars/Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by GWF1 View Post
                  For me, SG-1 is kind of comedic sci-fi, the show was very light hearted. I'm not a fan of stereotypical sci-fi like Star Wars/Trek.
                  I never followed the Star Wars franchise beyond the second film, but I do remember many light-hearted elements in Star Trek, such as Tribbles, the cute little fuzzy creatures that took over the Enterprise. I guess I'll also have to recant on the thread title since I am beginning to like SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                    Was there something wrong with me? Of the entire Stargate world the only series I liked was SG1, and not all of it at that. I didn't like the Ascending business. I didn't much like the episodes of the last two years. And without Richard Dean Anderson it just wasn't the same anymore. But overall everything was far better than Atlantis or Universe. I admit I only watched the first season of Atlantis and only 2 or 3 episodes of Universe.
                    SG1 had far greater logic than either one, and even more logic than the original Stargate movie (which could not even explain why there was apparently only two stargates, one on earth and one on Abydos).
                    In any case, are there more like me?? ;-)
                    Nobody can really answer your question about why you only like SG1 ... except you. You can answer your own question.

Comment

The ironic thing is that, for me, why I think SG-1 and Atlantis are such good shows and why I love them would be so philosophical I would start to sound like the Doci or Oma Desala.

Comment

It took me several attempts to get to liking Stargate in general.

I think a big part of it has to do with the chemistry between characters, in SG-1 there were more seasons and I think a good chemistry between characters.

I loved stargate for the special effects mostly, but grew to liking the actual characters in the end, bar some.

I guess I'm picky, but I couldn't stand a few of the major characters like Jack O'Neill and Rodney, they just came across to me as overly irritating, but always ended up saving the day to seemingly make up for it.

It used to drive me nuts at first which is why I think I originally liked Stargate Universe more than the rest, as it was a fair bit darker and everyone seemed to be angry, sad, upset or depressed due to their circumstances (probably why it failed in the end mind you)

Comment

Working...
                        X