No announcement yet.

Very Mixed Feelings about Stargate Origins SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main problem is if Beal could be alive again, that what would prevent Ra to pay a visit to Earth? But since the Goa'uld are selfish snakes, maybe the new Goa'uld wanted to keep the information for himself/herself. It would have been funny to see him an an enemy of SG-1.

Or Aset could have been a Tok'Ra agent who was planning to start a rebellion. But then it would mean that probably Isis would have been as well, what could be a good reason why Isis and Osiris were locked up in the first place. Just we don't know their role and relationship with Egeria, so maybe their plot was a different one against Ra. The only reason I was thinking on this, because if Aset could have been a Tok'Ra agent then it would explain why she has left them to escape in the end.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

What if Beal were to be a Tok'ra host instead?

That could be fascinating too.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

See? Your fan fiction writing mind is turned on.

Honestly Catherine could get younger by Todd or maybe by Linea if she wouldn't have been written off years ago.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          See? Your fan fiction writing mind is turned on.

Honestly Catherine could get younger by Todd or maybe by Linea if she wouldn't have been written off years ago.
          To hell with canon -- rewrite that write-off. Change history a little... anything is possible... a clone perhaps?

Comment

Anything could have happened between 1938-1945. Maybe Serquet revived Beal and visited Earth to take prisoners...

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Davey : Take it easy, breath normally. In, out, in, out. We all noticed the quality issue and the mixed feeling about the Stargate : Origins, but they were really working from a very-very limited budget. What I can not really accept is the weird humour, so there was sexual abuse scene, then weird cloth fetish in the first few episodes. I believe these type of "jokes" or "dialogues" or "plots" should be banished from the SG lore as it was not worthy for this franchise... Even the "vagina monologues" was too much for my taste in season 10. but probably everybody think different things funny.
              I agree with you on their attempt at humour. I watched just a few episodes, then I couldn't put myself through any of that silly "the males are clowns and the only female is the star"-humour.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Don't see what that has got to do with anything, Origins is Stargate canon, not SG-1 canon.
                Then what was all that stuff with the Harcesis baby?
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                  Then what was all that stuff with the Harcesis baby?
                  What about it?

If that classifies as SG-1 canon, than that's a poor link. That's as poor a link as the Goa'uld in film and SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    What about it?

If that classifies as SG-1 canon, than that's a poor link. That's as poor a link as the Goa'uld in film and SG-1.
                    Err define a good link then. Cause as far as I'm concerned, if a concept appears in an SG-1 episode and nowhere else(based on pre-existing concepts introduced in SG-1 I might add, such as the repository of knowledge the Goa'uld possess as well as their ability to genetically bond with their hosts as opposed to whatever the heck Ra was in the original movie), then it's a direct link to SG-1 and part of the SG-1 canon specifically.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Mix feelings is a good thing, it means there is a glimmer of hope and that is important. Am finding Origins pretty much a hundred percent non offensive worth of series but much can be in debate so there is that mix status form. It is fairly special and with talent though so that is also good.

Comment

Originally posted by iliescu View Post
                        ... there is a glimmer of hope...
                        Of what? Or where to? It doesn't lead anywhere except to a deus ex machina where everything that happened is undone by a magical wipe of the mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X