Very Mixed Feelings about Stargate Origins SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Oh hell no, Origins sure did not have that kind of budget to work with.
    I was obviously talking about the other SG shows, dearie.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I was obviously talking about the other SG shows, dearie.
      I know. Just saying that Origins didn't have that kind of money to play with.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It had money?
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          It had money?
          Nothing is for free these days...

Comment

if you want to see a shoe string budget for a pilot watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S27gG6LZf88

Comment

I was really looking forward to it, going to back to the beginning again and seeing something new.......

But oh dear, did that excitement die quickly.

The special fx were terrible, what special effects there were that is.
              The acting was poor, the dialogue poor and the story line, in my opinion, was even worse.
              I'll never forget the 1960/1970's style batman spinning screen at the end of each episode, lol.

It just seemed like a complete waste of time, money and tarnished the stargate franchise forever in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamPD View Post
                I'll never forget the 1960/1970's style batman spinning screen at the end of each episode, lol.
                If it's any consolation, that spinning effect is not present in the digital feature download.
                But I guess that's too late for you now.

Originally posted by AdamPD View Post
                It just seemed like a complete waste of time, money and tarnished the stargate franchise forever in my opinion.
                Well, I'll be sure to let Stargate Infinity know there's a new contender in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  If it's any consolation, that spinning effect is not present in the digital feature download.
                  But I guess that's too late for you now.
                  Lol funny that Adam mentions that, it was the same story for me. At first I was like, meh, it's not that high quality but its SG I guess, the actors are decent... *end of episode 1* Really? Spinning effect? Guuuhh

Well, I'll be sure to let Stargate Infinity know there's a new contender in town.
                  I watched 5 minutes of this crap and nearly burned my screen after.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

It is worth of watching the Stargate : Origins. Some part of it is really-really bad, but some part of it is quite enjoyable.

I can also suggest the Stargate : Infinity, when you have a calmed 20-25 minutes. Don't expect anything serious as the gate animation is really awkward, but they named the alien races and the characters are also so-so acceptable. The stories are really didactic, but it was meant for children to educate about different values. 5-6 episodes were really creative and entertaining out of 26, so I would give a try.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Infinity was nothing more than a fun, non-canon kids show. Not to actually be taken seriously.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

According to one review, the further you are from being 5 years old, the less likely that you'll enjoy it.

Comment

Have you seen it at all? Desperate times, desperate SG episodes. It is really not as bad as it seems. The drawings are much better than the comics... We can make an "Infinity rewatch" thread if you need my emotional support.

Comment

Have you seen it at all? Desperate times, desperate SG episodes. It is really not as bad as it seems. The drawings are much better than the comics... We can make an "Infinity rewatch" thread if you need my emotional support.
                            I haven't seen it yet, but I'm planning to fit it in with rewatch.

Comment

Since it doesn't connect to the canon, you can start it any time.

Little Origins - Catherine mini fan fiction idea: What if Beal was revived in a sarcophagus? He could be a host of a new Systemlord...

Comment

Little Origins - Catherine mini fan fiction idea: What if Beal was revived in a sarcophagus? He could be a host of a new Systemlord...
                                Mmm.... all sorts of struggles happening there. Psychological warfare in his head. I like a good whump-fic.

Comment

Working...
                                X