Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Probie

Default Re: Very Mixed Feelings about Stargate Origins SPOILERS

I was really looking forward to it, going to back to the beginning again and seeing something new.......

But oh dear, did that excitement die quickly.

The special fx were terrible, what special effects there were that is.
    The acting was poor, the dialogue poor and the story line, in my opinion, was even worse.
    I'll never forget the 1960/1970's style batman spinning screen at the end of each episode, lol.

It just seemed like a complete waste of time, money and tarnished the stargate franchise forever in my opinion.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
    I'll never forget the 1960/1970's style batman spinning screen at the end of each episode, lol.
    If it's any consolation, that spinning effect is not present in the digital feature download.
    But I guess that's too late for you now.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
    It just seemed like a complete waste of time, money and tarnished the stargate franchise forever in my opinion.
    Well, I'll be sure to let Stargate Infinity know there's a new contender in town.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon by Falcon Horus & signature by JadedWraith || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    If it's any consolation, that spinning effect is not present in the digital feature download.
    But I guess that's too late for you now.
    Lol funny that Adam mentions that, it was the same story for me. At first I was like, meh, it's not that high quality but its SG I guess, the actors are decent... *end of episode 1* Really? Spinning effect? Guuuhh

Well, I'll be sure to let Stargate Infinity know there's a new contender in town.
    I watched 5 minutes of this crap and nearly burned my screen after.

It is worth of watching the Stargate : Origins. Some part of it is really-really bad, but some part of it is quite enjoyable.

I can also suggest the Stargate : Infinity, when you have a calmed 20-25 minutes. Don't expect anything serious as the gate animation is really awkward, but they named the alien races and the characters are also so-so acceptable. The stories are really didactic, but it was meant for children to educate about different values. 5-6 episodes were really creative and entertaining out of 26, so I would give a try.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Infinity was nothing more than a fun, non-canon kids show. Not to actually be taken seriously.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

According to one review, the further you are from being 5 years old, the less likely that you'll enjoy it.

icon by Falcon Horus & signature by JadedWraith || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Have you seen it at all? Desperate times, desperate SG episodes. It is really not as bad as it seems. The drawings are much better than the comics... We can make an "Infinity rewatch" thread if you need my emotional support.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Have you seen it at all? Desperate times, desperate SG episodes. It is really not as bad as it seems. The drawings are much better than the comics... We can make an "Infinity rewatch" thread if you need my emotional support.
    I haven't seen it yet, but I'm planning to fit it in with rewatch.

Since it doesn't connect to the canon, you can start it any time.

Little Origins - Catherine mini fan fiction idea: What if Beal was revived in a sarcophagus? He could be a host of a new Systemlord...

Little Origins - Catherine mini fan fiction idea: What if Beal was revived in a sarcophagus? He could be a host of a new Systemlord...
    Mmm.... all sorts of struggles happening there. Psychological warfare in his head. I like a good whump-fic.

The main problem is if Beal could be alive again, that what would prevent Ra to pay a visit to Earth? But since the Goa'uld are selfish snakes, maybe the new Goa'uld wanted to keep the information for himself/herself. It would have been funny to see him an an enemy of SG-1.

Or Aset could have been a Tok'Ra agent who was planning to start a rebellion. But then it would mean that probably Isis would have been as well, what could be a good reason why Isis and Osiris were locked up in the first place. Just we don't know their role and relationship with Egeria, so maybe their plot was a different one against Ra. The only reason I was thinking on this, because if Aset could have been a Tok'Ra agent then it would explain why she has left them to escape in the end.

What if Beal were to be a Tok'ra host instead?

That could be fascinating too.

See? Your fan fiction writing mind is turned on.

Honestly Catherine could get younger by Todd or maybe by Linea if she wouldn't have been written off years ago.

See? Your fan fiction writing mind is turned on.

Honestly Catherine could get younger by Todd or maybe by Linea if she wouldn't have been written off years ago.
    To hell with canon -- rewrite that write-off. Change history a little... anything is possible... a clone perhaps?

Anything could have happened between 1938-1945. Maybe Serquet revived Beal and visited Earth to take prisoners...

Probie

Davey : Take it easy, breath normally. In, out, in, out. We all noticed the quality issue and the mixed feeling about the Stargate : Origins, but they were really working from a very-very limited budget. What I can not really accept is the weird humour, so there was sexual abuse scene, then weird cloth fetish in the first few episodes. I believe these type of "jokes" or "dialogues" or "plots" should be banished from the SG lore as it was not worthy for this franchise... Even the "vagina monologues" was too much for my taste in season 10. but probably everybody think different things funny.
    I agree with you on their attempt at humour. I watched just a few episodes, then I couldn't put myself through any of that silly "the males are clowns and the only female is the star"-humour.