Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I did not think that was signed off on yet Tood.
    I have heard that they want to do a future based series around Mia, but no confirmation.
    That's true. But no to McNamara, I want her for future Green Arrow. Not to mention, she's a very well established Arrowverse character, I think that would go beyond suspension of disbelief if you ask me. I can accept a new actor being Kate, not one who was recurring for a season and then a regular for another.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      That's true. But no to McNamara, I want her for future Green Arrow. Not to mention, she's a very well established Arrowverse character, I think that would go beyond suspension of disbelief if you ask me. I can accept a new actor being Kate, not one who was recurring for a season and then a regular for another.
      We accepted Oliver being the Flash and Barry being Arrow in the last crossover due to outside manipulation, so I'm not sure it's suspension of disbelief breaking. IF, and I stress IF the new Arrow show does not happen, I think she would be perfect for the role, and if the new arrow show goes ahead, then sure keep her for that. She's a talented actor, with the physical training to do what the role requires (for either part). It maintains a sense of continuity within the DCEU and they have a almost baked in reason for the shift of actor with crisis.
      Is it the best solution?
      Probably not.
      Would it work?
      Probably.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I think if they're going to write the recast into the script (something I'm not particularly of), blaming a villan with access to a good plastic surgeon would make more sense than blaming Crisis, since Kate still looked like Ruby post crisis.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          I think if they're going to write the recast into the script (something I'm not particularly of), blaming a villan with access to a good plastic surgeon would make more sense than blaming Crisis, since Kate still looked like Ruby post crisis.
          That's the main reason I'm wary of the "crisis fix". Batwoman continued after crisis. As they have killed off Mouse and his father, the "skin doctor" route might be closed off for Batwoman as well. Also, you can't go the alternate earth route either as they have blown the rest up.
          My only point is, Kat would fit the bill as an actor in terms of skill, ability and -could- make sense in universe.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure is under contract until CW makes a decision regarding the Canaries show.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Just a thought.. "The 100" has likely wrapped filming on its final season.

They could drop Eliza Taylor into the role.

And, Eliza's a blonde, they could go back to the yellow oval bat-logo that was on Adam West's batsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Just a thought.. "The 100" has likely wrapped filming on its final season.

They could drop Eliza Taylor into the role.

And, Eliza's a blonde, they could go back to the yellow oval bat-logo that was on Adam West's batsuit.
                You really want that Yellow huh? I'll accept Elia Taylor...although she's a tad short.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

It doesn't matter what he wants, they are sticking to the comic book character suit.
                  sigpic

Comment

If we're going for actresses from The 100, I'd go with Marie Avgeropoulos over Eliza for this (though I like Eliza too). Tasya Teles wouldn't be bad either. I would have said Lindsey Morgan too, but I know she's going to be on that new Walker Texas Ranger show.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      If we're going for actresses from The 100, I'd go with Marie Avgeropoulos over Eliza for this (though I like Eliza too). Tasya Teles wouldn't be bad either. I would have said Lindsey Morgan too, but I know she's going to be on that new Walker Texas Ranger show.
                      Marie Avgeropoulos would be a great choice! She does the dark knight thing very well.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

I liked the wig, actually.
                        Oh, I do too, but I think it's an inconvenience since a bad guy can use it against Batwoman -- which was actually touched upon in one of the later episodes. Pulling hair -- I'm surprised it doesn't come off.

...Cara Delevingne being mentioned, but she's already in DC as that Mayan witch thing and I'm not really seeing her play the role.
                        That would literally be an instant turn-off for me.
                        I have severe doubts on her acting qualities.

It's just a matter of can the actress carry that role or not.
                        And as I mentioned earlier to my sister, as we watched the last episode with that fairly powerful scene between Alice and Mouse, someone who doesn't get blown off the screen by Rachel Skarsten, who is magnificent as Alice/Beth.

I don't know if hair color or physical appearance should be primary selection criteria. If they try to match physical appearance, hair color, or anything else for that matter...
                        Ruby's tattoos for example...

One thing I'm sure of though. They need to ignore fan input on this. Everybody & their mother will be pushing their favorite choices based on their own preferences and agendas. What happens to anything created by committee?
                        Considering it were the "fans" who drove Ruby Rose off social media, I'd say that's not the best idea.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Considering it were the "fans" who drove Ruby Rose off social media, I'd say that's not the best idea.
                          I didn't know she had been driven off social media, but I'm not surprised.

I think you misunderstood me, though; I said they should ignore the fans.

Comment

I think you misunderstood me, though; I said they should ignore the fans.
                            They should, at best, always be ignored -- too many variables and nowhere near able to please them all.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              They should, at best, always be ignored -- too many variables and nowhere near able to please them all.
                              Well....Terminator 2 did do the impossible, it did outdo the original.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Batwoman sans Batwoman???

https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-new-chara...lder-season-2/

There won't just be a new face under the cowl when Batwoman returns next year — there will be an entirely new character.

EW has learned that Batwoman isn't simply going to recast Kate Kane, the role Ruby Rose left at the end of season 1. Instead, the CW drama is introducing a new character named Ryan Wilder to take up Batwoman's mantle.
                                Well, that show didn't last long. If this is true, might as well just cancel the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X