Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they going with a female Ms Freeze as per the cameo in the crossover?

Comment

Series premiere airs on October 6, right before Supergirl

https://www.cbr.com/arrowverse-fall-...iere-schedule/
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Seriously looking forward to this... so very much.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

New poster

https://twitter.com/CWBatwoman/statu...739189760?s=20
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ruby Rose is being recast apparently, no reason given.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              Ruby Rose is being recast apparently, no reason given.
              She made a statement and so did the studio, but no one provides a reason.

I hope her injury hasn't permanently scarred her physically or mentally. I really loved the first season, even if I didn't like some of the choices either she or the director made.

She may not have the ability to wait to resume work and couldn't due anything (or what she wanted) with the current contract restrictions.

I wish her love and the best in her life and career.
              Last edited by Mrja84; 19 May 2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

That's too bad. She was good in this role. I hope they can recast this without killing the series.

Comment

Definitely gonna miss Ruby Rose as Batwoman.

Plenty to love without her, but it's fantastic to see someone like me reflected back on the television screen.
                  She's cool.

Comment

I never knew you had so many tattoos FH.

This is one of the stranger moves I've seen. I'm not sure the series can successfully continue with recasting the lead
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I never knew you had so many tattoos FH.
                      If I wasn't so damn afraid of needles, I might have had.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      This is one of the stranger moves I've seen. I'm not sure the series can successfully continue with recasting the lead
                      It's what I have been thinking but we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Comment

Seems like it was more of a "mutual breakup"..

What I found interesting was the comment that she wasn't fun to work with. Whatever it was, she did seem to have good chemistry with characters like Julia, Mary, Beth, Alice, and Luke.

What I find most believable was dealing with the transition of being a lead on a TV show. Many long hours.

David Boreanaz even commented on how he felt a loot of pressure being the leading character on Angel. Once the show became more of an ensemble it was better for him.

Comment

She / They have not stated a reason, but I have to wonder if her injury doing the series earlier has made her re-think it. That Batsuit doesn't really make her invincible.

@FH:
                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Definitely gonna miss Ruby Rose as Batwoman.

Plenty to love without her, but it's fantastic to see someone like me reflected back on the television screen.
                          She's cool.
                          If by "like me", you mean LGBT, think they've already stated that they're intending on casting another LGBT person in the role.

Comment

I almost never believe CBR's articles. They like to stir the pot
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Ruby certainly did an awesome job as Kate Kane/Batwoman, it's the most intense "fight scene" story since Arrow in the CW "DCEU" so it does not suprise me she got injured doing it
                              Perhaps that is why they
                              Spoiler:
                              killed mouse off to give Alice an out as well
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I liked Ruby Rose in this, sad to see her go, I hope they can find someone to replace her that at least bares a pretty strong resemblance to her and can act like the character that's been established. It would be too jarring if she was replaced with somene who looks completely different with an entirely different attitude/personality. It's annoying when they recast minor characters in shows, this is going to be even more annoying and difficult to get used to because Kate/Batwoman is the lead character, it will be especially difficult if the new actress looks too different and decides or is asked to play the character differently. At that point they may as well have Kate die and have someone else pick up the mantle of Batwoman instead of recasting an established character.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X