Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sort of expected that....

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14688605

Comment

Not really the back injury. Its PR spin to say it gave her time to think. I suspect we will never get a real answer
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Not really the back injury. Its PR spin to say it gave her time to think. I suspect we will never get a real answer
        I'm just curious if you can even fathom that a back injury which could have resulted in paralysis could have a reasonable impact on whether or not someone continues with the same work that resulted in that injury.

To me, getting that close to paralysis would be eye-opening and frightens me. I cannot help but see for an actress, not having the full ability of her body in order to pursue a wide range of roles as well as just basic independence of movement, would be far and away a scary prospect.

So to hear someone brush it off as PR spin is just mind-boggling.

Comment

You know, I think we all underestimate the hard work these people put into their roles.

I think it's important to remember that most of these actors have to move up to Vancouver for 8 months of the year. That's one hell of a commute, especially if you have a family that doesn't move with you. You make the move without the guarantee of there being a second season, perhaps.

I imagine a lot of late hours, a lot of prep work, a lot of waiting around... Training, working on choreographies for stunts, getting everything just right takes hard work. And I have no doubt that every actor is committed to their work, and wants to absolutely bring the best of their capabilities to the screen.

I may not like Ruby's decision to step aside as Batwoman, but I can't fault her for choosing what is best for her. She doesn't own us anything.

Sure, Batwoman won't be the same without her, cause I really liked the dynamic that they had going on, and Ruby was an instant hit for me. I finally had someone like me (minus the tattoos and the short hair) represented on screen.

Anywho... will see how the newbie's going to fit in with the rest of the crew. It will definitely be quite the adjustment.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            You know, I think we all underestimate the hard work these people put into their roles.

I think it's important to remember that most of these actors have to move up to Vancouver for 8 months of the year. That's one hell of a commute, especially if you have a family that doesn't move with you. You make the move without the guarantee of there being a second season, perhaps.

I imagine a lot of late hours, a lot of prep work, a lot of waiting around... Training, working on choreographies for stunts, getting everything just right takes hard work. And I have no doubt that every actor is committed to their work, and wants to absolutely bring the best of their capabilities to the screen.

I may not like Ruby's decision to step aside as Batwoman, but I can't fault her for choosing what is best for her. She doesn't own us anything.

Sure, Batwoman won't be the same without her, cause I really liked the dynamic that they had going on, and Ruby was an instant hit for me. I finally had someone like me (minus the tattoos and the short hair) represented on screen.

Anywho... will see how the newbie's going to fit in with the rest of the crew. It will definitely be quite the adjustment.
            What, you can't get a haircut?

Absolutely, actors in some situations have to sacrifice a great deal for their craft, but the profession has the potential for great rewards, also. That's a trade off that she accepted.

But it is perfectly reasonable to expect to go home at the end of the workday without being paralyzed. I don't knock her for her choice one bit.
            My problem is how the show chose to respond to her departure. I could have easily accepted recasting the role, but what they've chosen to do instead kills the show, in my view. I doubt I'll watch S2, but even if I do, they're starting out behind a huge 8-Ball with an steep uphill climb to get me interested again.

And in a way, I hope the majority of the viewers feel the same, in order to teach the showrunners how to screw up a very good show.

Comment

https://tvline.com/2020/09/12/batwom...lice-reaction/

Some more info on the new season
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X