Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Captain

Default Re: Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Ruby Rose is being recast apparently, no reason given.
    She made a statement and so did the studio, but no one provides a reason.

I hope her injury hasn't permanently scarred her physically or mentally. I really loved the first season, even if I didn't like some of the choices either she or the director made.

She may not have the ability to wait to resume work and couldn't due anything (or what she wanted) with the current contract restrictions.

I wish her love and the best in her life and career.
    Last edited by Mrja84; May 19th, 2020 at 03:52 PM.

Default Re: Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

That's too bad. She was good in this role. I hope they can recast this without killing the series.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Definitely gonna miss Ruby Rose as Batwoman.

Plenty to love without her, but it's fantastic to see someone like me reflected back on the television screen.
    She's cool.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

I never knew you had so many tattoos FH.

This is one of the stranger moves I've seen. I'm not sure the series can successfully continue with recasting the lead
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I never knew you had so many tattoos FH.
    If I wasn't so damn afraid of needles, I might have had.

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    This is one of the stranger moves I've seen. I'm not sure the series can successfully continue with recasting the lead
    It's what I have been thinking but we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Captain

Seems like it was more of a "mutual breakup"..

What I found interesting was the comment that she wasn't fun to work with. Whatever it was, she did seem to have good chemistry with characters like Julia, Mary, Beth, Alice, and Luke.

What I find most believable was dealing with the transition of being a lead on a TV show. Many long hours.

David Boreanaz even commented on how he felt a loot of pressure being the leading character on Angel. Once the show became more of an ensemble it was better for him.

She / They have not stated a reason, but I have to wonder if her injury doing the series earlier has made her re-think it. That Batsuit doesn't really make her invincible.

@FH:
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Definitely gonna miss Ruby Rose as Batwoman.

Plenty to love without her, but it's fantastic to see someone like me reflected back on the television screen.
    She's cool.
    If by "like me", you mean LGBT, think they've already stated that they're intending on casting another LGBT person in the role.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

I almost never believe CBR's articles. They like to stir the pot
    Jelgate is right

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Ruby certainly did an awesome job as Kate Kane/Batwoman, it's the most intense "fight scene" story since Arrow in the CW "DCEU" so it does not suprise me she got injured doing it
    Perhaps that is why they
    Spoiler:
    killed mouse off to give Alice an out as well
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

I liked Ruby Rose in this, sad to see her go, I hope they can find someone to replace her that at least bares a pretty strong resemblance to her and can act like the character that's been established. It would be too jarring if she was replaced with somene who looks completely different with an entirely different attitude/personality. It's annoying when they recast minor characters in shows, this is going to be even more annoying and difficult to get used to because Kate/Batwoman is the lead character, it will be especially difficult if the new actress looks too different and decides or is asked to play the character differently. At that point they may as well have Kate die and have someone else pick up the mantle of Batwoman instead of recasting an established character.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    If by "like me", you mean LGBT, think they've already stated that they're intending on casting another LGBT person in the role.
    No, genderfluid I mean.

Besides casting someone LGBT shouldn't be a requisit. It should be someone who can continue the role of Kate Kane. They should fit the role, but being LGBT shouldn't be a dealbreaker. It probably helps, much like it did Ruby playing Kate.

Also, I love Ruby's hair -- wish I could cut it like hers (I could be it would never be the same cause I have curls that just have a life of their own and behave).

Staff Sergeant

Seems like they could either re-cast and have a different actress play the same part, or as was suggested in an earlier post, they could kill off Kate and have someone else already in the show become Batwoman and carry on to fulfill Kate's mission/destiny.

A couple of possibles could be Sophie or Julia Pennyworth (I haven't watched the last couple of episodes this season, so if something happens to either or those characters, obviously that wouldn't work).

They could always blame the Crisis for her looks changing? Or something like that. I'm surprised this isn't bringing the show to an end, whoever becomes the new Batwoman, I do hope she can fit the role as I came to see Ruby as Batwoman.

They could always blame the Crisis for her looks changing? Or something like that. I'm surprised this isn't bringing the show to an end, whoever becomes the new Batwoman, I do hope she can fit the role as I came to see Ruby as Batwoman.
    Show was renewed before the break-up.

For me, Ruby is Batwoman ... except that red wig. That's just weird.

I think the wig goes good with the black/red theme of her costume. Of course, when they recast the role, they could hire a blonde, and then go back to the little yellow oval that graced Adam West's batsuit in the 60's.

Who they cast is crucial though. Get someone who can carry the role, and they win. But cast the wrong person and they can kill the show before season 3 even gets talked about.

I liked the wig, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I think the wig goes good with the black/red theme of her costume. Of course, when they recast the role, they could hire a blonde, and then go back to the little yellow oval that graced Adam West's batsuit in the 60's.

Who they cast is crucial though. Get someone who can carry the role, and they win. But cast the wrong person and they can kill the show before season 3 even gets talked about.
    I wonder who would make a good replacement? I've seen Stephanie Beatriz being bounced around in different articles, which would be pretty awesome. I love her portrayal of Rosa Diaz in B99. There's Jade Tailor who has some good moves. I've seen Clara Delevingne being mentioned, but she's already in DC as that Mayan witch thing and I'm not really seeing her play the role. I noticed that my two choices aren't blondes, but Evan Rachel Wood might fit that role too...but I don't see her joining a CW show.

I like the idea of Wallis Day as a replacement for Ruby, she played Nyssa Vex on Krypton.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5363417/?ref_=hm_rvi_nm

Well, at least she's a blonde. She can use the old yellow oval from Adam West's Batman suit.

I doubt I'll have an opinion till after I see whoever it is in Batwoman. It's just a matter of can the actress carry that role or not.

Captain

Batwoman wears a red wig and has dark hair, not blonde. So they do need to stick with the character they've already created for the Arrowverse.
    Last edited by Mrja84; June 3rd, 2020 at 11:33 AM.

I don't really think hair color is an issue, people dye their hair all the time, the character can "dye" their hair to fit the actor's natural hair, or the actor can dye their hair to match a character. I'm more concerned about about an actor's ability to play a character that's already been established by another actor and the new actor bearing a physical resemblance to the original actor. Recasting the lead of a show is bound to be tricky. It's not like they're recasting for a character that made a brief appearance in one scene of one episode of a show, like they did with Caity Lotz being cast in the role of Sara Lance (Arrow/LoT) after another actor originally played the part in a scene on Arrow. I had no issues with that bit of recasting even though the two actresses looked nothing alike, and I loved Caity's portrayal of Sara from the start.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast