Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

I don't know if hair color or physical appearance should be primary selection criteria. If they try to match physical appearance, hair color, or anything else for that matter, they will be compromising on the thing they need the most, the ability to carry the role. And who knows? a recast sometimes results in a better actor for the charter.

For example, when "Last Man Standing" was picked up by Fox after ABC dumped it, they had to recast the middle daughter, as the original actress was otherwise committed, and their choice (in my opinion) was better in the role than the original actress who had the part for 6 seasons. The oldest daughter, Kristen was also recast after season one to no ill effect.

One thing I'm sure of though. They need to ignore fan input on this. Everybody & their mother will be pushing their favorite choices based on their own preferences and agendas. What happens to anything created by committee?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Default Re: Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

I don't think the actors need to look exactly alike or anything but a physical resemblance would help with making the transition less jarring and it would help sell it being the same person. If they were going to reboot the whole series next season then it wouldn't really matter much to me what the new actress looked like, what ethnicity or race she was, how tall or short or whatever (I'm not talking minor differences in skin tone, height and body type, I mean for me, it would be extremely jarring if they cast a 5'11" curvy/busty blond woman or a 5'2" African American woman as Kate and just be like yeah, they're the same person).

Ive never watched the show you're talking about, but even in that case it doesn't sound like the daughter characters were the actual lead of the show, more like supporting characters. That makes things a bit different imo. That's kind of similar to what they do in soap operas when they recast characters, sometimes the new actor looks completely different to the actor they replaced, but soap operas don't really have a main character and recasts are so common that it wouldn't have as big of an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    I liked the wig, actually.

I wonder who would make a good replacement? I've seen Stephanie Beatriz being bounced around in different articles, which would be pretty awesome. I love her portrayal of Rosa Diaz in B99. There's Jade Tailor who has some good moves. I've seen Clara Delevingne being mentioned, but she's already in DC as that Mayan witch thing and I'm not really seeing her play the role. I noticed that my two choices aren't blondes, but Evan Rachel Wood might fit that role too...but I don't see her joining a CW show.
    I think they should go for Kat McNamara. She's proven to be more than capable in the physical demands of such a role in Shadowhunters and Arrow. Someone mentioned the change being part of Crisis so she could be believably recast on Earth prime as not Mia Queen but Kate Kane due to Lex's meddling in crisis.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I think they should go for Kat McNamara. She's proven to be more than capable in the physical demands of such a role in Shadowhunters and Arrow. Someone mentioned the change being part of Crisis so she could be believably recast on Earth prime as not Mia Queen but Kate Kane due to Lex's meddling in crisis.
    Kat McNamara is already slated to having her own CW show as the Green Arrow. If Ruby Rose thought it was difficult to be the lead in one Show, I can't imagine two shows @[email protected]

Kat McNamara is already slated to having her own CW show as the Green Arrow. If Ruby Rose thought it was difficult to be the lead in one Show, I can't imagine two shows @[email protected]
    I did not think that was signed off on yet Tood.
    I have heard that they want to do a future based series around Mia, but no confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I did not think that was signed off on yet Tood.
    I have heard that they want to do a future based series around Mia, but no confirmation.
    That's true. But no to McNamara, I want her for future Green Arrow. Not to mention, she's a very well established Arrowverse character, I think that would go beyond suspension of disbelief if you ask me. I can accept a new actor being Kate, not one who was recurring for a season and then a regular for another.

That's true. But no to McNamara, I want her for future Green Arrow. Not to mention, she's a very well established Arrowverse character, I think that would go beyond suspension of disbelief if you ask me. I can accept a new actor being Kate, not one who was recurring for a season and then a regular for another.
    We accepted Oliver being the Flash and Barry being Arrow in the last crossover due to outside manipulation, so I'm not sure it's suspension of disbelief breaking. IF, and I stress IF the new Arrow show does not happen, I think she would be perfect for the role, and if the new arrow show goes ahead, then sure keep her for that. She's a talented actor, with the physical training to do what the role requires (for either part). It maintains a sense of continuity within the DCEU and they have a almost baked in reason for the shift of actor with crisis.
    Is it the best solution?
    Probably not.
    Would it work?
    Probably.

I think if they're going to write the recast into the script (something I'm not particularly of), blaming a villan with access to a good plastic surgeon would make more sense than blaming Crisis, since Kate still looked like Ruby post crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I think if they're going to write the recast into the script (something I'm not particularly of), blaming a villan with access to a good plastic surgeon would make more sense than blaming Crisis, since Kate still looked like Ruby post crisis.
    That's the main reason I'm wary of the "crisis fix". Batwoman continued after crisis. As they have killed off Mouse and his father, the "skin doctor" route might be closed off for Batwoman as well. Also, you can't go the alternate earth route either as they have blown the rest up.
    My only point is, Kat would fit the bill as an actor in terms of skill, ability and -could- make sense in universe.

I'm pretty sure is under contract until CW makes a decision regarding the Canaries show.
    Jelgate is right

Just a thought.. "The 100" has likely wrapped filming on its final season.

They could drop Eliza Taylor into the role.

And, Eliza's a blonde, they could go back to the yellow oval bat-logo that was on Adam West's batsuit.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Just a thought.. "The 100" has likely wrapped filming on its final season.

They could drop Eliza Taylor into the role.

And, Eliza's a blonde, they could go back to the yellow oval bat-logo that was on Adam West's batsuit.
    You really want that Yellow huh? I'll accept Elia Taylor...although she's a tad short.

It doesn't matter what he wants, they are sticking to the comic book character suit.

If we're going for actresses from The 100, I'd go with Marie Avgeropoulos over Eliza for this (though I like Eliza too). Tasya Teles wouldn't be bad either. I would have said Lindsey Morgan too, but I know she's going to be on that new Walker Texas Ranger show.

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    If we're going for actresses from The 100, I'd go with Marie Avgeropoulos over Eliza for this (though I like Eliza too). Tasya Teles wouldn't be bad either. I would have said Lindsey Morgan too, but I know she's going to be on that new Walker Texas Ranger show.
    Marie Avgeropoulos would be a great choice! She does the dark knight thing very well.

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

I liked the wig, actually.
    Oh, I do too, but I think it's an inconvenience since a bad guy can use it against Batwoman -- which was actually touched upon in one of the later episodes. Pulling hair -- I'm surprised it doesn't come off.

...Cara Delevingne being mentioned, but she's already in DC as that Mayan witch thing and I'm not really seeing her play the role.
    That would literally be an instant turn-off for me.
    I have severe doubts on her acting qualities.

It's just a matter of can the actress carry that role or not.
    And as I mentioned earlier to my sister, as we watched the last episode with that fairly powerful scene between Alice and Mouse, someone who doesn't get blown off the screen by Rachel Skarsten, who is magnificent as Alice/Beth.

I don't know if hair color or physical appearance should be primary selection criteria. If they try to match physical appearance, hair color, or anything else for that matter...
    Ruby's tattoos for example...

One thing I'm sure of though. They need to ignore fan input on this. Everybody & their mother will be pushing their favorite choices based on their own preferences and agendas. What happens to anything created by committee?
    Considering it were the "fans" who drove Ruby Rose off social media, I'd say that's not the best idea.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Considering it were the "fans" who drove Ruby Rose off social media, I'd say that's not the best idea.
    I didn't know she had been driven off social media, but I'm not surprised.

I think you misunderstood me, though; I said they should ignore the fans.

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

I think you misunderstood me, though; I said they should ignore the fans.
    They should, at best, always be ignored -- too many variables and nowhere near able to please them all.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    They should, at best, always be ignored -- too many variables and nowhere near able to please them all.
    Well....Terminator 2 did do the impossible, it did outdo the original.

Batwoman sans Batwoman???

https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-new-chara...lder-season-2/

There won't just be a new face under the cowl when Batwoman returns next year — there will be an entirely new character.

EW has learned that Batwoman isn't simply going to recast Kate Kane, the role Ruby Rose left at the end of season 1. Instead, the CW drama is introducing a new character named Ryan Wilder to take up Batwoman's mantle.
    Well, that show didn't last long. If this is true, might as well just cancel the show.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast