Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    Well, we already had a part Asian Superman back in the 90s...
    Huh? What show was that? "Lois & Clark" ? I don't recall seeing that.

Comment

It was in the comics
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Huh? What show was that? "Lois & Clark" ? I don't recall seeing that.
        Dean Cain is part Japanese, I think.
        sigpic

Comment

I never watched L & C; it appeared to be more about the relationship between the two, rather than a superhero show. And I've never followed the comics since I was a kid.

Comment

I never watched it either. I had a few friends who were obsessed with it and Dean Cain.
            sigpic

Comment

So, they've decided. They're really gonna get rid of Kate Kane/Batwoman and replace her with another character altogether rather than recast the role.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/batwoma...es-1202980897/

That's too bad. I like this show. I doubt I'll be watching the refried version even if it does pull enough viewers to avoid cancellation. One good season and done.

Comment

My first thought was... and why not Sophie?

Anywho... no idea who she is (same as Ruby) but I really, really liked Ruby as Kate Kane.
                Started watching the show as a test. It passed with flying colors.

I'll have to test it again in the new season 1... if it fails, then season 1 will be much treasured.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  My first thought was... and why not Sophie?

Anywho... no idea who she is (same as Ruby) but I really, really liked Ruby as Kate Kane.
                  Started watching the show as a test. It passed with flying colors.

I'll have to test it again in the new season 1... if it fails, then season 1 will be much treasured.
                  I doubt it. What they're doing is going to just chop off most of their storylines with no resolution. For example, what happens to Alice now? her primary motivation was the relationship with her sister and the differences in how they grew up. How about the interplay between Kate Kane & Jacob Kane?

Yeah, recasting the lead char. is gonna be a shock. But they can't force Rose to play a part she doesn't want to play. So the shock would have been accepted.

This way, they're trashing a very large portion of the underpinnings of the entire show.

Sorry. See Ya. You had a good only season.

Comment

Fandom wouldn't be fandom without fans jumping to conclusions. Im with FH on waiting to see how looks with the new character
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      But they can't force Rose to play a part she doesn't want to play. So the shock would have been accepted.
                      She loved playing Kate Kane but the work schedule was gruelling.

I imagine it isn't easy commuting between LA (I think) and Vancouver.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        She loved playing Kate Kane but the work schedule was gruelling.

I imagine it isn't easy commuting between LA (I think) and Vancouver.
                        For whatever reason(s) she chose to quit, she didn't want to play the part anymore. I'm not arguing with her reasons, she has every right to do what she wants. And they can't force her. They did outlaw slavery up there, didn't they?

The show made the wrong choice in how to proceed without her, and that they did have a choice about. Kate Kane herself is so intertwined in the fabric of this show that anything they do to unravel this is going to be so contrived it will be funny.

Comment

I can still see these storylines continuing, just shifting a little bit. No matter what, Jacob Kane is not going to allow vigilantes until he experiences a change in perspective. "Kate Kane" had no impact on his hate for "Batwoman", to him they were two different people.

In fact, I could see him going down Conroy's Batman's path. Something happened to Kate during her time as Batwoman and Jacob is going to be even more ruthless when he finds out she was the hero.

As for Alice, by now she just hates the Bat as much as she does her family.

Comment

Considering Rose's reasons for leaving I suspect that we will still see her from time to time so there's no reason to drop any of the story lines, just stick them in the background for a time while the new Batwoman is set up then return later.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

My guess is she got the willies after being injured doing some stunt during S1. Can't say as I blame her, it's reasonable to expect to walk out of work in close to the same condition you showed up in.

Comment

Ruby Rose finally stated that the back injury did have an impact in her decision making.

It's not the only reason, but I was positive it had to have an impact. You don't get nearly paralyzed and not reflect a little bit in the situation that got you there.

Comment

Working...
                                X