Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Also trolls. Twitter has a lot of them to.

Okay serious question since im pretty ignorant about Batwoman. Does she have her own villians or does she pretty much fight Batman's enemies
    She has a number of her own, who are (to me) pretty unremarkable.

Since 2016 she's effectively been the lead character in Detective Comics, where she is recruited by Batman to bring together Batman allies to fight as a team against [insert villain of the story arc here]. The team operates in Gotham and has consisted variously of Batman, Batwoman, Red Robin, Orphan, Spoiler, Azrael, a reformed Clayface, Batwing, and occasionally with help from Batgirl and Nightwing. So, naturally, they fight a lot of Gotham-based villains.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      She has a number of her own, who are (to me) pretty unremarkable.

Since 2016 she's effectively been the lead character in Detective Comics, where she is recruited by Batman to bring together Batman allies to fight as a team against [insert villain of the story arc here]. The team operates in Gotham and has consisted variously of Batman, Batwoman, Red Robin, Orphan, Spoiler, Azrael, a reformed Clayface, Batwing, and occasionally with help from Batgirl and Nightwing. So, naturally, they fight a lot of Gotham-based villains.
      With that many superhero crime fighters, how does Gotham have any crime at all?

Comment

Security at Blackgate/Arkham is terrible?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Security at Blackgate/Arkham is terrible?
          I mean, Gotham has been like a Detroit meets Mogadishu plus Las Vegas on superpowered steroids.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Gamespot article on the history of Batwoman...says largely what I already posted in this thread, but adds a few contextual details that I left out, if anyone’s interested.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              It's about the actress not being Jewish playing a Jewish character. I mean if their problem was that Batwoman is gay...um...isn't she supposed to be gay?
              Same old, same old then.

I Wonder if Cote de Pablo, a Latin actress, ever got any flak for playing Ziva David in NCIS...
              Let me see...

Nope, can't find anything, except for a criticism on the character itself but not because it's Cote playing her. Just a general criticism on the kind of character.

And now I realize once again that I really miss Ziva on NCIS... Though love Eleonor too.

I blame twitter, I seriously do. It has popularized and enabled this sort of thing.
              Don't try to understand twitter mobs. Half the time they're just bots out to agitate anyway.
              indeed.

I mean, Gotham has been like a Detroit meets Mogadishu plus Las Vegas on superpowered steroids.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have an animated Batwoman movie running around somewhere. My daughter is excited that Batwoman is joining the tv verse.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

And here is your first photo of Ruby Rose’s Batwoman!

588DD8C0-CA4C-483E-B22F-3FEEC7A9ED49.jpeg

Comment

That costume looks on point.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I like the way the colour and texturing of the cape makes it look a bit brown and slightly furry--like a bat's wing.

Comment

I'm lovin' it.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          That costume looks on point.
                          That's because she's bat....woman.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

That's because she's bat....woman.

Comment

I watched Elseworlds mostly for the Batwoman introduction. While I liked what I saw, there was danged little of her. Kinda bummed about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                I watched Elseworlds mostly for the Batwoman introduction. While I liked what I saw, there was danged little of her. Kinda bummed about that.
                                I too was hoping to see more.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X