Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make that three.

I thought there at least be a more central role, but instead it as, like a side character. A footnote to the episode.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Agreed, but I liked what I saw...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Agreed, but I liked what I saw...
        So did I. I also really appreciated all the little Batman easter eggs that they snuck in.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Did you notice the director stuck himself on one of the cell doors?

Comment

Made me laugh...

Comment

I mean he belongs there for what he has done to Arrow...

But anyway, I was actually impressed by her on Elseworlds. I will look forward to watching it for 2-3 seasons before giving up.
              sigpic

Comment

Dougray Scott cast as Kate's father, Colonel Jacob Kane
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Batwoman Ordered to Series at The CW
                  The Arrowverse officially has a new full-time hero, now that The CW has ordered Batwoman to series.

The Gotham City vigilante, played by Orange Is the New Black‘s Ruby Rose, made her debut in last fall’s multi-part Arrowverse crossover event, which was titled “Elseworlds.”

Comment

In other news that surprises no one....
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      In other news that surprises no one....
                      Nope... besides Arrow will go after the shortened 8th season, and others will follow since I think The Flash and Supergirl's viewing numbers aren't great in comparion. And Legends and Black Lightning apparently also troublesome. That's basically all of the shows.

Comment

What are you talking about? Flash and Supergirl have great numbers. Legends and Black Lightening aren't doing bad either
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Nope... besides Arrow will go after the shortened 8th season, and others will follow since I think The Flash and Supergirl's viewing numbers aren't great in comparion. And Legends and Black Lightning apparently also troublesome. That's basically all of the shows.
                          All of their superhero shows have already been renewed for next year.

Comment

I'm thinking truncated first season, to begin airing after Arrow ends its run, filling the hole left by Arrow's absence.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              What are you talking about? Flash and Supergirl have great numbers. Legends and Black Lightening aren't doing bad either
                              Ah...rumors...

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              All of their superhero shows have already been renewed for next year.
                              I know.

Comment

And the official series synopsis from CW:

Kate Kane (Ruby Rose) never planned to be Gotham’s new vigilante. Three years after Batman mysteriously disappeared, Gotham is a city in despair. Without the Caped Crusader, the Gotham City Police Department was overrun and outgunned by criminal gangs. Enter Jacob Kane (Dougray Scott) and his military-grade Crows Private Security, which now protects the city with omnipresent firepower and militia. Years before, Jacob’s first wife and daughter were killed in the crossfire of Gotham crime. He sent his only surviving daughter, Kate Kane, away from Gotham for her safety.

After a dishonorable discharge from military school and years of brutal survival training, Kate returns home when the Alice in Wonderland gang targets her father and his security firm, by kidnapping his best Crow officer Sophie Moore (Meagan Tandy). Although remarried to wealthy socialite Catherine Hamilton-Kane (Elizabeth Anweis), who bankrolls the Crows, Jacob is still struggling with the family he lost, while keeping Kate –– the daughter he still has –– at a distance. But Kate is a woman who’s done asking for permission. In order to help her family and her city, she’ll have to become the one thing her father loathes –– a dark knight vigilante.

With the help of her compassionate stepsister, Mary (Nicole Kang), and the crafty Luke Fox (Camrus Johnson), the son of Wayne Enterprises’ tech guru Lucius Fox, Kate Kane continues the legacy of her missing cousin, Bruce Wayne, as Batwoman. Still holding a flame for her ex-girlfriend, Sophie, Kate uses everything in her power to combat the dark machinations of the psychotic Alice (Rachel Skarsten), who’s always somewhere slipping between sane and insane. Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate soars through the shadowed streets of Gotham as Batwoman. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, she must first overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X