Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Staff Sergeant

Default Re: The Mandalorian: Speculation/Discussion (please tag spoilers)

I am looking forward to this show! Lets get more into all of the great possibilities the SW's 'universe' has to offer!

That was the only thing I liked about SOLO; we got to see stories of the crime world that was connected to both the Empire and the Rebellion; stories about people who are NOT Skywalkers!

And, we finally got a view of some non storm trooper units of the Imperial Army! A small thing I know- but doesn't it irk you knowing that the Empire is so much more then Storm troopers and TIE fighters yet we have hardly seen anything else on screen (movie or tv)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_X4EEJ36t8
    Last edited by magi877; April 27th, 2019 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magi877 View Post
    Of course there is no reason why Sabine could not appear in it...
    I think that’d be pretty cool! I think it’d be even cooler if they did it so that she never takes off the helmet, so Tota Sircar can voice her in live-action too!
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Staff Sergeant

I say anything is possible right?

last we know-from REBELS-she is out there with Ahsoka looking for Ezra

I hope the show is well written and made and sticks around for awhile

but--the standard SW's haters (who swear they are fans) are already pushing the doom and gloom on this and the new season of Clone Wars

been 'fighting the fight' on this and all that is canon vs their opinion of "if it has never been in the movies (no tv shows) then it is not canon and never happened"

but that is at at the other 'gate' site and I have become very jaded from my exposure there :?(

forgive me if any of my posts drift into the realm of catharsis

I'm not sure what the point would be of pushing 'doom and gloom' for the new Clone Wars....it's only going to be 12 episodes, and that's all it was ever going to be. It's not in danger of cancellation, because that's all it was ever going to consist of

Also, canon is what Disney says it is. That's not an argument, that's just some people being wrong.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I'm not sure what the point would be of pushing 'doom and gloom' for the new Clone Wars....it's only going to be 12 episodes, and that's all it was ever going to be. It's not in danger of cancellation, because that's all it was ever going to consist of

Also, canon is what Disney says it is. That's not an argument, that's just some people being wrong.
    the doom is the way some people --mainly ST fans- who are projecting their hatred and disappointment over nuTrek and Star Trek discovery, onto the SW's franchise

that is "this all is going to suck; disney is just retconning everything to make cash (as if ST is a not for profit endeavor?), etc,etc

i'd tell you where to find this stuff--so I could share my pain -- in a PM if you sent me one. i dont know if we can mention other sites 'in public' here

Don't do that to Digi
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

I can just see it now.... "Now you listen to me, you stupid pieces of--" *banned*

If we ever get to see Ahsoka, it's not gonna be for some time. The first few episodes will be setting up the premise and introducing us to the main character.

As for those saying the shows are not cannon. Well it's their loss. They're missing out on a lot.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Don't do that to Digi

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgharrah View Post
    If we ever get to see Ahsoka, it's not gonna be for some time. The first few episodes will be setting up the premise and introducing us to the main character.

As for those saying the shows are not cannon. Well it's their loss. They're missing out on a lot.
    exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Still no confirmation of a Season 2, but there's a new report today that Jon Favreau will be returning as showrunner for the still-unannounced Season 2.

Hey hey that's a good question.

While I don't think it's necessary to throw in every tangentially related thing....it would be neat to see it in live-action, wouldn't it?

There's nothing Mandalorian related they haven't included.

Except for any existing characters, named clans, Death Watch or any other named Mandalorian group, Concord Dawn, Concordia, Mandalore itself...

It's all gonna be there. Don't rush it.
    Just like we saw all those familiar TCW faces on Rebels.

Staff Sergeant

<< says in whimpy Skywalker fanboi / disney hater voice >>

"what's this darksaber? i never saw it in any films, and if wasn't in the films then it never happened. or, do i have to buy some video game to get the information? more retconning by disney. this is just more of disney's cash grabbing palns that have killed star wars....and how is anyone using a light saber if they have not been magically trained by a master jedi, hmmm? hmmm? hmmm?"

Staff Sergeant

really though, this all sounds great, really looking forward to its release.

as stated already, we got a lot of characters from eps 1-3 and TCW in REBELS, I am sure that the formula will be repeated here

imo, is would be a non brainer to also assume we will be seeing more of the likes of Crimson Dawn, the Hutts and the other crime syndicates as well.