Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mandalorian: Speculation/Discussion (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I have no access to Disney Plus so their loss but hell I'm back in the pirate game for this one.

Not seen the trailer yet in case I can't find it ... errmm... you know, by other means.
    When they officially announced it in August, they already had a team at work to jump through all the necessary hoops for distribution in Europe. For some reason it'll be available in the Netherlands on Day 1 (next week), and last I heard, the rest of Europe is supposed to be up and running by March.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      When they officially announced it in August, they already had a team at work to jump through all the necessary hoops for distribution in Europe. For some reason it'll be available in the Netherlands on Day 1 (next week), and last I heard, the rest of Europe is supposed to be up and running by March.
      Which is too late... and they should be well aware of that...

I literally know no other person who is going to wait for Plus to arrive in Belgium somewhere in "2020" to watch The Mandalorian. I have a large Star Wars friends group (the Belgian Prop Crew) and they aren't going to wait around, getting spoiled to kingdom come.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Which is too late... and they should be well aware of that...

I literally know no other person who is going to wait for Plus to arrive in Belgium somewhere in "2020" to watch The Mandalorian. I have a large Star Wars friends group (the Belgian Prop Crew) and they aren't going to wait around, getting spoiled to kingdom come.
        Sure, of course for Season 1. I was thinking longer-term; the Stargate Command international debacle is what I had in mind when noting that this service is actually going to follow through.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The rest of Europe... by the way... (since I just came across a post on twitter) ... who will follow in March are Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain and Italy.

Disney may follow through, of that I am fairly certain, but considering how these things run, we're simply not going to take that chance.

Comment

Disney and Apple have gone on a major closing down spree before their services start, The app I used to watch all my shows is currently dead in the water so I'm now majorly behind on everything dodging spoilers left, right and centre . Luckily some shows are on TV now but a bit behind.

Comment

Just over a minute new stuff. No critic screenings, available in a few hours.

Comment

Watched Episode 1 last night when I got home. Loved it!

Comment

...and it appears that Season 2 has already begun production!

Phil Szostak, Lucasfilm's creative art manager, tweeted out:
                  “Greetings from the set of #TheMandalorian season 2” - creator/writer/executive producer Jon Favreau #StarWars #IHaveSpoken
                  (with a photo of the Mandalorian's helmet)

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    ...I'm now majorly behind on everything dodging spoilers left, right and centre . Luckily some shows are on TV now but a bit behind.
                    Try living in an area where Disney+ isn't available until goddess knows when -- then you have reason to whine about spoilers.

Cause there's very little respect among the people who have been freely spoiling everyone with ... (I consider this a MAJOR spoiler)

Spoiler:

...that bloody cute character (the cuteness overload is even beyond my comprehension)...

...and those who come back with that ridiculous "you can stay off the internet and social media" come-back, should be slapped into oblivion.

But fear not, The Rise of Skywalker opens in Europe first so those who spoil us now, will get hit with a double dose of their own poison come december. I will enjoy every moment of it. I'm looking forward to paying it back in full glory.

Also, find the episodes a little short... and episode 2 felt like a lot of walking was going on, but had a lot of good laughs.

I do think this series is better watched in one go, than in separate episodes. It does actually feel like it was chopped up into different bits but is actually one film.

Comment

PSA for everyone:

Per the show's press kit, Chapter 7 actually comes out on Wednesday this week instead of its usual Friday release. This is probably because the official release date of Episode IX is on Friday, so they won't have two new (screen) releases on the same day.

Chapter 8, the season finale, is scheduled for its usual Friday release (December 27).

Comment

Per the show's press kit, Chapter 7 actually comes out on Wednesday this week instead of its usual Friday release. This is probably because the official release date of Episode IX is on Friday, so they won't have two new (screen) releases on the same day.
                        Rise of Skywalker released yesterday over here... same day as Chapter 7.

Well, the invite-only premiere was Tuesday.

Comment

Rise of Skywalker released yesterday over here... same day as Chapter 7.

And it was in theatres here tonight, but the official premiere date is still December 20

Comment

You gave away your location, assuming you meant red carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by EricG View Post
                              FH hasn’t exactly been secretive about where she lives (but it’s not London )

Comment

Originally posted by EricG View Post
                                Europe -- Belgium

FH hasn’t exactly been secretive about where she lives (but it’s not London )
                                Disney did give us 3 seats to fill at the London red carpet event but we declined. We have a few busy premiere weeks so we didn't have anyone who could take days off on such short notice.

I would have just called in sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X