Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mandalorian: Speculation/Discussion (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
    Luke was not. Deus ex machina. That was Ahsoka's plan. These were her instructions.
    LOL'd at the comment "One X-Wing. We're saved." but then took far too long to realize who the Jedi was, taking down to Drone Troopers. And then the green saber made me go... oh... ooooh... and then the reveal... "OMG!! "
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      LOL'd at the comment "One X-Wing. We're saved." but then took far too long to realize who the Jedi was, taking down to Drone Troopers. And then the green saber made me go... oh... ooooh... and then the reveal... "OMG!! "
      seriously,, what other JEDI do you know off flying around the galaxy in an xwing? i knew it was him i soon as i saw the ship

oh wait-- "other jedi" my bad.. tptb's would make us think there are no other jedi

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
        Luke was not. Deus ex machina. That was Ahsoka's plan. These were her instructions.
        actually the use of Luke showing up is the precise definition of it

Deus ex Machina is when a hopeless situation is suddenly solved by an unexpected occurrence. It is a contrived plot device often used in film or novels
        hopeless situation = yup, it was. all those dark troopers and only two weapons in the crowd that couldd eal with them-maybe. the dark sabre and the beskar spear

suddenly solved = oh yeah.. Luke did just like Daddy and sliced and diced his way through

unexpected occurrence= absolutely unexpected. after the disaster on Tython, Din had no expectations for any Jedi to show up

---------
        but hey, dont get me wrong, the MANDALORIAN IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST SHOW on tv now!! The last episode was great with a disappointing final scene-- i wait impatiently for more streaming SW's content... like having a boba fett show AND maybe the mandalorian season 3 on at the same time as well as any other SW's show between now and then

Comment

Dude, Mando is set for S3 and 4 already. As I said, we are probably going to get "seasonal" series, even just for SW, let alone marvel as well.
          Your wish will be granted by the mouse, just hope they keep the same calibre of directors that they do for Mando brother.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Dude, Mando is set for S3 and 4 already. As I said, we are probably going to get "seasonal" series, even just for SW, let alone marvel as well.
            Your wish will be granted by the mouse, just hope they keep the same calibre of directors that they do for Mando brother.
            i know that.. i think i a mthe one who posted the news about all the new shows announced on investors day

i just dont want to see the trope digitally enhanced characters like Luke or Han, Leia or Chewbacca parachuted in to 'save the day' in every show!

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
              i know that.. i think i a mthe one who posted the news about all the new shows announced on investors day

i just dont want to see the trope digitally enhanced characters like Luke or Han, Leia or Chewbacca parachuted in to 'save the day' in every show!
              They won't
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                They won't
                heres to hope!

Comment

seriously,, what other JEDI do you know off flying around the galaxy in an xwing? i knew it was him i soon as i saw the ship
                  I couldn't remember where the series was situated in the timeline of the films, so Luke wasn't on my mind... It was a pleasant surprise.

Comment

grown man cries when he see luke skywalker PATHETIC!!

unless or until TPTB's erase the new trilogy, none of your tears will change the fact of Luke tossing his father's lightsaber into the ocean, or burning the Jedi texts (he thought he did) or any of his other exploits in EP 8

Comment

unless or until TPTB's erase the new trilogy, none of your tears will change the fact of Luke tossing his father's lightsaber into the ocean, or burning the Jedi texts (he thought he did)...
                      A) I'm quite happy with how episode VII to IX turned out
                      B) considering Luke walked around the Millenium Falcon behind Chewie's back, I'm fairly certain he knew he wasn't burning the ancient texts since we saw them in the drawer Finn pulled a blanket from for Rose.

C) Anakin himself broke many a lightsaber -- I wonder how many colors he cycled through before he got to red.

...and a completely unrelated D but relevant to the thread topic...

My LEGO BRICK HEADZ of The Mandalorian and the Child arrived in the mail today.
                      Still waiting on a replacement piece for my Lego D-0 but now I can start on another set.

Comment

And that's the last of Cara Dune...

Words have consequences and Disney doesn't take kindly to inflammatory social media postings, as any employer would or should. Thereby... bye bye Gina!

Comment

Words have consequences and Disney doesn't take kindly to inflammatory social media postings, as any employer would or should. Thereby... bye bye Gina!
                          I'll miss the character but she's best off gone. I'm surprised it took them so long to be honest.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

her words were nothing more than a re-posting of historical fact... real world politics should have nothing to do with entertainment, in either way pro/con, either side

all this will do is embolden those SJW's who have been calling for Carano to be fired from day 1 for other reasons... now they will be gunning for someone else..doesn't matter who or for what.. "just because" is all that is needed

Comment

her words were nothing more than a re-posting of historical fact... real world politics should have nothing to do with entertainment, in either way pro/con, either side
                              That instagram post was the last drop. The news outlets make it look like that was the only thing she's being punished for. She wasn't. Lucasfilm/Disney was well in their right to terminate her contract, and I'm surprised they didn't do it a lot sooner, considering some of her posts.

I have liked Cara Dune very much and think Gina did a wonderful job giving her a voice, bringing her to life.
                              But I agree with her termination. Opinions such as hers have no place in a company like Disney/Lucasfilm. She's a public figure and should have known better, but we all know common sense goes out the window sometimes.

Freedom of speech is all well and good, but sometimes it helps to think before you post.

Also... you may not like it but employers have every right to kick your ass out the door when your views don't align with the company's policy (and that applies to every part of the spectrum, left to right and right to left). Especially companies which have a reputation to uphold in the public eye. Bad publicity, in whatever form, is not good for the numbers, by which I mean the revenu.

Comment

That instagram post was the last drop. The news outlets make it look like that was the only thing she's being punished for. She wasn't. Lucasfilm/Disney was well in their right to terminate her contract, and I'm surprised they didn't do it a lot sooner, considering some of her posts.

I have liked Cara Dune very much and think Gina did a wonderful job giving her a voice, bringing her to life.
                                But I agree with her termination. Opinions such as hers have no place in a company like Disney/Lucasfilm. She's a public figure and should have known better, but we all know common sense goes out the window sometimes.

Freedom of speech is all well and good, but sometimes it helps to think before you post.

Also... you may not like it but employers have every right to kick your ass out the door when your views don't align with the company's policy (and that applies to every part of the spectrum, left to right and right to left). Especially companies which have a reputation to uphold in the public eye. Bad publicity, in whatever form, is not good for the numbers, by which I mean the revenu.
                                I did too, the actress I didnt really have a solid yes or no feel for, mostly a "meh, good choice I guess, but coulda been better" The character as a whole was great, they could recast her with someone else, maybe habe a storyline to explain the recasting ? AKA why her face would look different or something

Just my two cents

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X