Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Mandalorian: Speculation/Discussion (please tag spoilers)

A thread in which we can discuss the upcoming Star Wars TV series that's going to be run by Jon Favreau (director: Elf, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Jungle Book, The Lion King).

According to Favreau himself, the series is going to be set seven years after Return of the Jedi (which, by extension, puts it 23 years before The Force Awakens & The Last Jedi). We know from various media that the final defeat of the Empire came at Jakku, almost a year to the day after the Battle of Endor in ROTJ, so it's not immediately clear what the plot of this series will be.

The show will be 10 episodes long (at least for its first season), and it was reported today by Den of Geek (by way of NYT), that it's not going to be a cheap show--not by a long shot. Disney is apparently spending $100 million on this show, meaning approximately $10 million per episode. By way of comparison, that's about the same amount of money that HBO spends per episode of Game of Thrones.

10/03/2018 EDIT:

This show is called THE MANDALORIAN
    Last edited by DigiFluid; October 3rd, 2018 at 05:38 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Default Re: Untitled Jon Favreau TV series - speculation/discussion (please tag spoilers)

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Default Re: Untitled Jon Favreau TV series - speculation/discussion (please tag spoilers)

Today Jon Favreau announced that the title of the series is "The Mandalorian" in a Star Wars crawl-style image (at the link) that reads:

The Mandalorian
    After the stories of Jango and
    Boba Fett, another warrior
    emerges in the Star Wars
    universe. The Mandalorian is
    set after the fall of the Empire
    and before the emergence of
    the First Order. We follow the
    travails of a lone gunfighter
    in the outer reaches of the
    galaxy far from the authority
    of the New Republic....

Default Re: The Mandalorian: Speculation/Discussion (please tag spoilers)

Please be Sabine. Please be Sabine. Please be Sabine.

The RUMOUR (and I stress RUMOUR) that came up the other day was that they may have cast Pedro Pascal as the lead in this show, which would decidedly not be Sabine. Pedro Pascal is probably best known for playing Oberyn Martell in the fourth season of Game of Thrones, and has also had notable roles in Graceland, The Mentalist, and Narcos.

But again, rumour.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/10/h...vision-series/

Did they say lead? They didn't say lead.
    I heard that a few days ago but theynever said he's the lead.

Official announcement from StarWars.com:

THE MANDALORIAN FIRST IMAGE, DIRECTORS REVEALED

Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

Taika Waititi directing an episode, interesting...

May have missed this, but whats it airing on?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Taika Waititi directing an episode, interesting...

May have missed this, but whats it airing on?
    Disney Play (Disney's upcoming streaming service) where it's available. I don't think they've specified how it'll be distributed where Disney Play isn't available. My guess is Netflix until they can get the international setup for DP up and running.

New set photos here.

I thought the gun looked familiar in that original photo, but absolutely did not expect it to be a callback to the Holiday Special!

Oh holiday special. So that's what it was. Couldn't tell what it was from that Pic from a 2D animated thing.

That’s got to be a giant piss-off. You work on this giant secret project for who knows how long, keep it under wraps the whole time, then not even a month after going public and some jackass goes and does this.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    The RUMOUR (and I stress RUMOUR) that came up the other day was that they may have cast Pedro Pascal as the lead in this show, which would decidedly not be Sabine. Pedro Pascal is probably best known for playing Oberyn Martell in the fourth season of Game of Thrones, and has also had notable roles in Graceland, The Mentalist, and Narcos.

But again, rumour.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/10/h...vision-series/
    Rumour CONFIRMED: Pedro Pascal cast as series lead of The Mandalorian

Here you go. Another cast member added.
    Gina Carano

That one I am surprised by!

Wild speculation: we've already met The Mandalorian, and his name is Cobb Vanth. He's the guy who acquires a set of Mandalorian armour on Tatooine (heavily implied to be Boba Fett's armour) in the novel Aftermath, and self-proclaims himself sheriff of a small town because he hates the injustice of lawlessness.

I have no more evidence about the TV series than anyone else, this is just my speculation that I'm putting down now, probably a year before the show debuts

Did they ever find out who did the break in ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete

"Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

If they did, they haven't said.