Nationalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationalities

What are the nationalities of the 4 main characters?
    Daniel L Newhouse

Do you mean the actors or the characters?

The characters are British (Beal), Egyptian (Wasif), Abydonian (Kasuf) and I think American (Langfords). Although the Langfords were Swedish, I think, in Stargate (1994).

The actors are all American, except Ellie. She's Australian, and Aylam (Brücke) is Isrealean.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Do you mean the actors or the characters?

The characters are British (Beal), Egyptian (Wasif), Abydonian (Kasuf) and I think American (Langfords). Although the Langfords were Swedish, I think, in Stargate (1994).

The actors are all American, except Ellie. She's Australian, and Aylam (Brücke) is Isrealean.
      Indeed, the Langfords are meant to be American in the SG-1 continuity. In the movie it's ambiguous. The actress who played the young Catherine is American (who also had a cameo in Origins), the actress (Viveca Lindfors) who played the older present day Catherine was Swedish, and the actor that played Prof. Langford (Erik Holland) was Norwegian. The only non-English dialogue spoken by any of them is Prof. Langford and his partner (identified as "Taylor" in an early script and the novelization) during the prologue. They spoke Swedish (and the subtitles identify as such), but I believe there was criticism that their pronunciation was terrible (I don't know for certain, so don't take my word for it).

Funny note: despite the obvious Swedish/Scandinavian heritage of the characters in the movie, and the apparent retcon to American in the series, the RPG book states they were German.

Comment

Does anyone else remember Scarecrow and Mrs. King? What do those red hats mean?
        Daniel L Newhouse

Comment

I have no idea about what that title refers to, but I assume the red hat is about Wasif's fez?

So, on that notion, everything you ever wanted to know about the fez as part of military uniforms (and otherwise -- according to the Doctor they are cool afterall).

Comment

Kasuf looks like Punch from the Cowboy Bebop movie.
            Daniel L Newhouse

Comment

There's something about the uniform - is this navy rather than air force?
              Daniel L Newhouse

Comment

Nope, both Wasif and Beal wear the British military land army uniform of the time (Wasif with a fez).

Comment

Working...
                X