Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    reading that thread, Pirate Picard would fit right in with the discovery universe.

Comment

Discovery is in the Prime timeline. Captain Picard has only ever been portrayed in the Prime timeline (albeit 120something years later). Patrick Stewart is returning as Picard, as he said in his own public statement. There is no part of what you just said that makes sense.
      He didn't say it would be the Picard that we all know an love. An I haven't heard anything ruling out it being a different type of Picard. An I don't trust Kurtzman and the current gang run star trek.

Again: what? Viacom only holds the rights to release films, while CBS holds the rights to create and broadcast TV serie
      There has been chatter on the internet for years that CBS and Viacom each can't use certain elements of star trek because the other hold the copyright. An that why both have design their own universe that bare little to no resemblance to STNG or TOS.

Comment

Oh my god, I haven't seen that in years!
        I last posted that video last year in the TNG 30th anniversary Gateworld theme thread so I got the link from there rather use Chrome's ugly new bookmark manager to get it. Maybe it could be the unofficial theme song for the thread while the show's in the planning stages.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I think this is what Spock would say about the news:

Last edited by planet_tv; 07 August 2018, 05:47 PM. Reason: Forgot the word is in my sentence.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

heroes a wild guess to a several part episode, they are dispatched to Romulas to help evacuation plans for unnecessary personnel and to then proceed to act as a vanguard for the arrival of a shipment of a new mysterious substance

capable of helping to stabilize Romulases Star in the first move to cement and secure a permanent and positive trusting relationship between the Federation and the Romulan Star Empire... will the Klingon Empire interfere or help or appear at all who knows...

but the stars and the cards may reveal a different fate if the scientific industrial source of this mysterious new substance fails to produce a sufficient quantity in time and to ship it their successfully with a proper delivery mechanism

Comment

honostly without getting to watch this as a kid i would have been alot more devoid of interesting things, it was the early nineties and we had not much money and i spent most the days alone to the point i may have been depressed and not even known it etc

or maybe i just felt alone and spent all my time by self not trying to reach out to do stuff with others, i have no idea i suppose, i was pretty much alone and broken... .or atleast not fully put together back then... not very productive and the internet and computers werent really a thing and beyond my grasp... just like alot of things financially and otherwise i was just poor.... and a alonely kid.... yay for life improving sometimes with some good fortunes if not alot at times :/

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Also don't jump on the bandwagon for Babylon 5. Cos I'm not confident that they'd be able to re-start that franchise well at all.
                I DISAGREE!!!!! ....

But to your point I would say it is about the wording. If you were to say that you are "not confident that they'd be able to" SUCCESSFULLY "restart that franchsie" I might agree - defining success in terms of financial success. But if we're talking about quality of material then you are very wrong. One thing Babylon 5 has going for it that few other franchises have is that it all comes from the same source. If Warner Brothers was to try to restart Babylon 5 without J. Michael Straczynski then you might have a point. But if the source is once again JMS then there is going to be some degree of quality. I'm not saying he is perfect. He has definitely chosen some ill conceived plots and dialogue in the past, but even his weaker efforts hold a high level of quality storytelling. I'm confident that any Babylon 5 reboot or continuation will have quality substance to it, but unfortunately at this juncture it might not be a financial success.

But back to Picard, the CBS ALL ACCESS YEARS. The single channel subscription should be a wonderful idea, but the price should be no more than $1-$2 per channel. I say if CBS All Access gets their way, which I think we all agree they eventually will, and that way is everyone pays subscription fees for access to individual channels then you are going to see a lot of failing channels out there. Of course, we already see that every day. I feel it will only become more dramatic, i.e. fifty years from now things might be back to three channels. But in all seriousness that is what they want. They want content control and direct deposits - and Netflix and all competition to cease to exist. And that isn't to say Netflix or any of the others are any better. The point is that paying for individual channels will only encourage the inevitable to happen sooner rather than later.

Comment

how about a crossover with several enforcement agencies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUtRi011FLY

Comment

Very excited for this series! After the last TNG movie in 2002, I never, ever thought that Sir Patrick would return to play Jean-Luc Picard again...and yet here we are 16-years later! Great to have a show set post-Star Trek: Nemesis AND set in the prime timeline!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

He does that in his Dixon Hill Holodeck programs

Comment

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
                        heroes a wild guess to a several part episode, they are dispatched to Romulas to help evacuation plans for unnecessary personnel and to then proceed to act as a vanguard for the arrival of a shipment of a new mysterious substance

capable of helping to stabilize Romulases Star in the first move to cement and secure a permanent and positive trusting relationship between the Federation and the Romulan Star Empire... will the Klingon Empire interfere or help or appear at all who knows...

but the stars and the cards may reveal a different fate if the scientific industrial source of this mysterious new substance fails to produce a sufficient quantity in time and to ship it their successfully with a proper delivery mechanism
                        And with the rest of the Typhon Pact perhaps sabotaging this act of goodwill by delaying it to the point of the shipment arriving too late to save Romulus's star....the rest of the Typhon Pact does not want to see one of its member states (The Romulan Star Empire) forming closer ties with their nemesis (The Federation and their Khitomer Accords allies)

Comment

Looks like work has begun on the series!

A quick rundown of the non-Patrick Stewart people in that photo...

Kirsten Beyer has been in charge of the Voyager Relaunch novel series since 2008, when she took over from Christie Golden. She has written 10 novels in that series, and is currently a staff writer on Star Trek: Discovery, where she has written one episode ("Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum").

Michael Chabon is an American writer with 8 novels and 32 awards to his name

Akiva Goldsman is a TV and film producer, with credits (as producer) on Deep Blue Sea, Constantine, I Am Legend, Fringe, and Star Trek: Discovery. He's also credit as writer (or screenplay/teleplay writer) on Batman & Robin (just trying to be balanced here), Practical Magic, A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, a dozen episodes of Fringe, The Dark Tower, and two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery.

Diandra Pendleton-Thompson is relatively new to the game, working as a writer's assistant and PA for CBS Television.

James Duff is a TV writer/producer. He wrote one episode of Star Trek: Enterprise ("Fortunate Son"), and is the creator/executive producer of the TV series The Closer and Major Crimes, where he has also written a number of episodes.
                          Last edited by DigiFluid; 24 September 2018, 08:01 AM.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Updates from NYCC!
                            • The plan is for it to be an ongoing show, with plans for multiple seasons — not just a one-off
                            • The writers’ room is up and running, and has been working for about four weeks now
                            • Kurtzman teased the audience by asking ‘who wants to know who the bad guy will be?’ and then refusing to discuss who it might be
                            • The Picard show “will not mesh into this season [of Discovery], that will be its own thing.”
                            • Production is expected to begin in April of next year
                            • No talk of release date yet, but speculation is that because that’s around the same time Discovery begins its production cycle, debut may be early 2020
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So they are basing the whole Picard show around a bad guy, really guys and girls you got no better ideas than that, none at all, four of the last films and STD have all been base around bad guys, can't we have something new and original, like Picard, now long since left starfleet going on a treasure hunt for example, let see the archeologist in him. Let see how the Federation and this world function when you aren't a captain of one of the most powerful ships in the quadrant.

Kirsten Beyer had some interesting ideas in her novels that didn't involve bad guys, let use those ideas instead, pretty please, pretty please with a bowl full of cherries and chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                So they are basing the whole Picard show around a bad guy, really guys and girls you got no better ideas than that, none at all, four of the last films and STD have all been base around bad guys, can't we have something new and original, like Picard, now long since left starfleet going on a treasure hunt for example, let see the archeologist in him. Let see how the Federation and this world function when you aren't a captain of one of the most powerful ships in the quadrant.

Kirsten Beyer had some interesting ideas in her novels that didn't involve bad guys, let use those ideas instead, pretty please, pretty please with a bowl full of cherries and chocolate.
                                The fact that he didn't reveal a bad guy doesn't completely confirm the notion that there definitely is one. However all that being said I think that's just how TV works now. The fact that tv just isn't an episodic medium any more means that there's a greater need for a central villain that needs to be overcome. There needs to be that "Just one more" hook that you get in Netflix shows at the end of every episode and that's difficult to achieve without a central antagonist. Or in the case of some shows, multiple antagonists (looking at you Game of Thrones)
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X