Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Untitled Captain Picard series - speculation/discussion/spoilers

Apart from looking forward to seeing Patrick Stewart reprising the role of Jean-Luc Picard again, I am really looking forward to seeing what the tone of this show is. My hope is that it will be a bit darker than TNG and more serialised in its storytelling and keep character development on-going as DS9 was. I don't want characters to be reset to factory settings after the end of each episode.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the Starfleet of the early 25th century when it comes to its ship designs and uniforms. My sincerest wish on the uniform front is that they don't reuse those future designs from All Good Things..., The Visitor and Endgame. I personally never liked them.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Alex Kurtzman confirms the series will deal with the fallout and impact of the destruction of Romulus. Relevant excerpt from the linked article:

Now, Trek captain Alex Kurtzman is pulling back the curtain on the upcoming project, revealing that a cataclysmic event depicted in J.J. Abrams' 2009 Star Trek movie impacted Picard in a big way. In that film, written by Kurtzman and former producing partner Roberto Orci, it was revealed that Nimoy's Spock failed to save the Romulan homeworld Romulus from a supernova several years after the events of Nemesis.

Now, Kurtzman — as part of a Creative Space interview with The Hollywood Reporter (posting Wednesday) — is ready to reveal one massive clue about the premise of his CBS All Access Picard effort, due in late 2019: "Picard's life was radically altered by the dissolution of the Romulan Empire," Kurtzman tells THR.

The Picard series will be the first onscreen Trek story set in the aftermath of that event, which would have altered the balance of power in the galaxy. The destruction of Romulus would also have extra resonance for Picard, who has a long and complicated relationship with the Romulans, the alien race that split from Vulcan society thousands of years ago and founded a separate civilization. The Romulans went on to control a portion of the galaxy, and the empire was in opposition to the Federation for all of Picard's career.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

A little more on the Picard series from Kurtzman's interview with Entertainment Weekly about Discovery season 2:

Entertainment Weekly: What’s the latest on the Picard series? Have you added anybody else to the cast?
    Kurtzman: No, the writers room has broken about eight episodes and we’re moving quickly and I couldn’t be more excited about it.

EW: How will the tone feel different from Discovery and from Next Generation?
    Kurtzman: It’s an extremely different rhythm than Discovery. Discovery is a bullet. Picard is a very contemplative show. It will find a balance between the speed of Discovery and the nature of what Next Gen was, but I believe it will have its own rhythm. Without revealing too much about it, people have so many questions about Picard and what happened to him, and the idea we get to take time to answer those questions in the wake of the many, many things he’s had to deal with in Next Gen is really exciting. ‘More grounded’ is not the right way to put it, because season 2 of Discovery is also grounded. It will feel more… real-world? If that’s the right way to put it.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War