Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Untitled Captain Picard series - speculation/discussion/spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by AleksisMi View Post
    heroes a wild guess to a several part episode, they are dispatched to Romulas to help evacuation plans for unnecessary personnel and to then proceed to act as a vanguard for the arrival of a shipment of a new mysterious substance

capable of helping to stabilize Romulases Star in the first move to cement and secure a permanent and positive trusting relationship between the Federation and the Romulan Star Empire... will the Klingon Empire interfere or help or appear at all who knows...

but the stars and the cards may reveal a different fate if the scientific industrial source of this mysterious new substance fails to produce a sufficient quantity in time and to ship it their successfully with a proper delivery mechanism
    And with the rest of the Typhon Pact perhaps sabotaging this act of goodwill by delaying it to the point of the shipment arriving too late to save Romulus's star....the rest of the Typhon Pact does not want to see one of its member states (The Romulan Star Empire) forming closer ties with their nemesis (The Federation and their Khitomer Accords allies)

Looks like work has begun on the series!

A quick rundown of the non-Patrick Stewart people in that photo...

Kirsten Beyer has been in charge of the Voyager Relaunch novel series since 2008, when she took over from Christie Golden. She has written 10 novels in that series, and is currently a staff writer on Star Trek: Discovery, where she has written one episode ("Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum").

Michael Chabon is an American writer with 8 novels and 32 awards to his name

Akiva Goldsman is a TV and film producer, with credits (as producer) on Deep Blue Sea, Constantine, I Am Legend, Fringe, and Star Trek: Discovery. He's also credit as writer (or screenplay/teleplay writer) on Batman & Robin (just trying to be balanced here), Practical Magic, A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, a dozen episodes of Fringe, The Dark Tower, and two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery.

Diandra Pendleton-Thompson is relatively new to the game, working as a writer's assistant and PA for CBS Television.

James Duff is a TV writer/producer. He wrote one episode of Star Trek: Enterprise ("Fortunate Son"), and is the creator/executive producer of the TV series The Closer and Major Crimes, where he has also written a number of episodes.
    Last edited by DigiFluid; September 24th, 2018 at 09:01 AM.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

Updates from NYCC!

• The plan is for it to be an ongoing show, with plans for multiple seasons — not just a one-off
    • The writers’ room is up and running, and has been working for about four weeks now
    • Kurtzman teased the audience by asking ‘who wants to know who the bad guy will be?’ and then refusing to discuss who it might be
    • The Picard show “will not mesh into this season [of Discovery], that will be its own thing.”
    • Production is expected to begin in April of next year
    • No talk of release date yet, but speculation is that because that’s around the same time Discovery begins its production cycle, debut may be early 2020

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

So they are basing the whole Picard show around a bad guy, really guys and girls you got no better ideas than that, none at all, four of the last films and STD have all been base around bad guys, can't we have something new and original, like Picard, now long since left starfleet going on a treasure hunt for example, let see the archeologist in him. Let see how the Federation and this world function when you aren't a captain of one of the most powerful ships in the quadrant.

Kirsten Beyer had some interesting ideas in her novels that didn't involve bad guys, let use those ideas instead, pretty please, pretty please with a bowl full of cherries and chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    So they are basing the whole Picard show around a bad guy, really guys and girls you got no better ideas than that, none at all, four of the last films and STD have all been base around bad guys, can't we have something new and original, like Picard, now long since left starfleet going on a treasure hunt for example, let see the archeologist in him. Let see how the Federation and this world function when you aren't a captain of one of the most powerful ships in the quadrant.

Kirsten Beyer had some interesting ideas in her novels that didn't involve bad guys, let use those ideas instead, pretty please, pretty please with a bowl full of cherries and chocolate.
    The fact that he didn't reveal a bad guy doesn't completely confirm the notion that there definitely is one. However all that being said I think that's just how TV works now. The fact that tv just isn't an episodic medium any more means that there's a greater need for a central villain that needs to be overcome. There needs to be that "Just one more" hook that you get in Netflix shows at the end of every episode and that's difficult to achieve without a central antagonist. Or in the case of some shows, multiple antagonists (looking at you Game of Thrones)
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

It wouldn't be Star Trek fandom if someone wasn't whining before there were even any confirmed details.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    It wouldn't be Star Trek fandom if someone wasn't whining before there were even any confirmed details.
    Yep like doctor who fandom complaining about a new Doctor and Star Wars fans complaining about... well life in general at this point...

I think the phenomenon expands to science fiction in general. How many times in the old days did people complain about the smallest Stargate detail?
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/star-tr...ike-discovery/

Nothing but good things in the above article on this series, we shall see how that translates on to screen through.

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I think the phenomenon expands to science fiction in general. How many times in the old days did people complain about the smallest Stargate detail?
    Which I always found funny considering how Stargate may actually be the worst modern sci-fi show for its own consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/star-tr...ike-discovery/

Nothing but good things in the above article on this series, we shall see how that translates on to screen through.
    Good that they're keeping in mind how the old shows worked best. The shows should all feel unique which I think is something they lost sight of in late Voyager and early Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by planet_tv View Post
    Too bad it's going to air on CBS All Access where I am. Maybe I'll get lucky and this will get put on DVD so I can watch it.
    Yes...I hate this. I can get it at a discount since I'm an Amazon Prime member, but I don't want to watch the show on my PC or laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    There may not be a physical media release anytime soon. There has been no announcement of a Discovery release as of yet, either.
    They are trying to use the Trek franchise to bootstrap the launch of their new pay tv service, CBS All Access, so it may be several years before we see home releases.
    Ummm...Discovery is on my wishlist queue on Amazon. I think it comes out next month.

*edit* it releases 11/13/2018

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Yes...I hate this. I can get it at a discount since I'm an Amazon Prime member, but I don't want to watch the show on my PC or laptop.
    No HDMI port on your laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Ummm...Discovery is on my wishlist queue on Amazon. I think it comes out next month.

*edit* it releases 11/13/2018
    Thanks I didn't expect it that early.

I don't give Amazon wish lists or anything, I don't want them to jack the price up 'cause they know I want it.

*yes, I have seen different prices on things depending upon whether I had viewed it while logged in or not.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    No HDMI port on your laptop?

Thanks I didn't expect it that early.

I don't give Amazon wish lists or anything, I don't want them to jack the price up 'cause they know I want it.

*yes, I have seen different prices on things depending upon whether I had viewed it while logged in or not.
    Yes...I have HDMI ports on my laptop, desktop, and TV. What it boils down to is paying for something else.

Discovery's BD release was announced back in August....

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War