Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    And it's working - Disney is making money hand over fist, because the demand for the product is there.

I guess we'll just have to see if the same is true for CBS and Trek. (For me, 100%, I will watch it all)
    I'm less excited about Lower Decks so far. If purely because I'm not sure it'll last long. Star Trek fans are not overly known for their sense of humour.

I think though that even if a couple of their shows fail the franchise will still survive. If Discovery continues to be a hit and Picard is really as good as it looks I'm not sure they have anything to worry about for quite some time.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

i am hoping that today's finalized CBS/VIACOM merger was already in mind while planning and filming PICARD

this means that TPTBs can fully use all aspects of Trek without having to redesign ships and alien appearances ,etc

Comment

I love the trailers I saw for this!
        sigpic

Comment

I apologise in advance but I came across THESE.

Part 1
          Part 2

And whilst a little off the subject I'm wondering if Star Trek Picard can rival the potential these have!

Comment

Looks like either Jonathan Del Arco has finished filming, not sure whether the entire production has wrapped.

https://twitter.com/JonathanDelArco/...29484054450182
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

when last seen or mentioned on screen, what was the status/location of Hugh?

if he has been 'de borg'd' his he also required to wear a 'medicinal cat suit'?

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
                when last seen or mentioned on screen, what was the status/location of Hugh?

if he has been 'de borg'd' his he also required to wear a 'medicinal cat suit'?
                His final appearance was in the TNG Season 7 premiere, "Descent, Part II" -- the S6 cliffhanger/S7 premiere with the group of Borg individuals who were that way because of Hugh's time on the Enterprise, and who had been ruled by Lore until his defeat/death. Hugh's last scene to date was near the end of the episode, him (still in full Borg gear) commenting "We can't go back to the Borg Collective, and we no longer have a leader here" and Picard giving him a knowing look and saying "I'm not sure that's true."

This is very fresh in mind because I had that episode on like three days ago
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

His final appearance was in the TNG Season 7 premiere, "Descent, Part II" -- the S6 cliffhanger/S7 premiere with the group of Borg individuals who were that way because of Hugh's time on the Enterprise, and who had been ruled by Lore until his defeat/death. Hugh's last scene to date was near the end of the episode, him (still in full Borg gear) commenting "We can't go back to the Borg Collective, and we no longer have a leader here" and Picard giving him a knowing look and saying "I'm not sure that's true."

This is very fresh in mind because I had that episode on like three days ago
                  I very much hope that before Star Trek: Picard starts that the TPTB put out a "Guide to the essential TNG (and presumably VOY) episodes and movies to watch before..." etc., etc. But I think it is a safe assumption to say that The Best of Both Worlds and Descent would make that list.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Well, let's speculate!

My ENTIRELY SPECULATIVE list based on those little teaser trailers we've seen....

(spoiler tag for all released TNG-era Trek to date, because I know of at least one person who is watching for the first time in anticipation of Picard and I'd hate to be the one to ruin any surprises)
                    Spoiler:
                    TNG 310 "The Defector" [taste of Romulans]
                    TNG 326-401 "The Best of Both Worlds" [Picard's Borg trauma]
                    TNG 402 "Family" [Picard's trauma & Chateau Picard]
                    TNG 507-08 "Unification" [Romulus and Romulan/Vulcan relationship]
                    TNG 523 "I, Borg" [introducing Hugh]
                    TNG 525 "The Inner Light" [speculation - huge impact on Picard's life]
                    TNG 626-701 "Descent" [Borg individuals and return of Hugh]
                    TNG Film "First Contact" [Picard's trauma and evolution of Borg idea]
                    VOY 326-401 "Scorpion" [introduction of Seven of Nine]
                    VOY 406 "The Raven" [Seven's backstory]
                    DS9 610 "In the Pale Moonlight" [major Federation/Romulan event]
                    DS9 716 "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" [pulling back the veil on the Romulans]
                    VOY 725-26 "Endgame" [possible final defeat of the Borg?]
                    TNG Film "Nemesis" [Romulus/Federation near peace, introduce B-4, death of Data]
                    Star Trek 2009 [fate of Spock and destruction of Romulus]

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      I very much hope that before Star Trek: Picard starts that the TPTB put out a "Guide to the essential TNG (and presumably VOY) episodes and movies to watch before..." etc., etc. But I think it is a safe assumption to say that The Best of Both Worlds and Descent would make that list.
                      Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Nemesis too. That would make the list for sure given that the ending is explicity referred to in the trailer.

Looks like Scorpion could be an essential one too.

I, Borg would be another if Hugh is involved.

Maybe Star Trek (2009)? At least the scenes with prime universe Spock

Edit: Just realised that I missed digi's last message, and that these have been said already

Comment

Well, let's speculate!

My ENTIRELY SPECULATIVE list based on those little teaser trailers we've seen....

(spoiler tag for all released TNG-era Trek to date, because I know of at least one person who is watching for the first time in anticipation of Picard and I'd hate to be the one to ruin any surprises)
                        Spoiler:
                        TNG 310 "The Defector" [taste of Romulans]
                        TNG 326-401 "The Best of Both Worlds" [Picard's Borg trauma]
                        TNG 402 "Family" [Picard's trauma & Chateau Picard]
                        TNG 507-08 "Unification" [Romulus and Romulan/Vulcan relationship]
                        TNG 523 "I, Borg" [introducing Hugh]
                        TNG 525 "The Inner Light" [speculation - huge impact on Picard's life]
                        TNG 626-701 "Descent" [Borg individuals and return of Hugh]
                        TNG Film "First Contact" [Picard's trauma and evolution of Borg idea]
                        VOY 326-401 "Scorpion" [introduction of Seven of Nine]
                        VOY 406 "The Raven" [Seven's backstory]
                        DS9 610 "In the Pale Moonlight" [major Federation/Romulan event]
                        DS9 716 "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" [pulling back the veil on the Romulans]
                        VOY 725-26 "Endgame" [possible final defeat of the Borg?]
                        TNG Film "Nemesis" [Romulus/Federation near peace, introduce B-4, death of Data]
                        Star Trek 2009 [fate of Spock and destruction of Romulus]
                        That's a great looking list. Yeah, I'd certainly go with watching that lot before Star Trek: Picard airs.

Originally posted by SGCSokar View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Nemesis too. That would make the list for sure given that the ending is explicity referred to in the trailer.

Looks like Scorpion could be an essential one too.

I, Borg would be another if Hugh is involved.

Maybe Star Trek (2009)? At least the scenes with prime universe Spock

Edit: Just realised that I missed digi's last message, and that these have been said already
                        No, not at all. The more that answer my question the merrier. Thanks for joining in.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

^ Exactly what Alan said! I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks should be included or not!

(Even if I am currently watching my way through the TNG era and am going to see it all anyway )

Comment

Currently packing up to move, so all my Sci-fi DVD's are in boxes
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I really want to know the state of the Galaxy. We know next to nothing of what the world looks post Dominion War and Nemesis
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                I really want to know the state of the Galaxy. We know next to nothing of what the world looks post Dominion War and Nemesis
                                We have a good idea.
                                The Federation, an Klingon Empire are probably at peace, the Dominion would have retreated to their home turf as per the results of DS-9 and the Romulans are probably desperate to replace their home world. The Borg have suffered a major setback but not defeat, so are looking for revenge (no matter how "human" that notion is)
                                I would imagine a major leap in Romulan and Borg tech, the Fed and Klingons being at the same level as "nemesis".
                                Conflict breeds growth, no matter if we would like it to happen in other ways.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X