Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

mega excited about this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Correct. Though the destruction of Romulus didn't happen in the Kelvin timeline, that was just Spock Prime, while in the Kelvin timeline, recalling it happening back in 2387 in the Prime timeline as the event that brought him there.

The Prime timeline we all grew up with still exists:
    • 2151-55 - Enterprise
    • 2254 - TOS pilot The Cage
    • 2257-58 - Discovery Season 1-2
    • 2265-69 - TOS
    • c. 2270-2293 - TMP/TWOK/TSFS/TVH/TFF/TUC/Generations intro
    • 2364-78 - TNG/Generations/First Contact/Insurrection, DS9, VOY
    • 2379 - Nemesis
    • (somewhere around here) - upcoming show Lower Decks
    • 2386 - Picard retires from Starfleet (according to the Picard exhibit at SDCC right now)
    • 2387 - Romulus destroyed (Spock Prime's flashback in the 2009 film)
    • 2399 - Picard (according to the Picard exhibit at SDCC right now)

The three Chris Pine/Zachary Quinto films are the only things set in the alternate timeline.
    Thank you.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Mini City - Rygel City

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Mini City - Rygel City

So i’ve Been thinking on this and I have a few theories. I think that girl seeking out Picard in the trailer is a sort of proto-Borg Queen.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

You don't think that might be a little bit of a retread? I've heard similar speculation elsewhere online and I'm not sure whether or not I buy into it.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Here's a YouTube video of the full panel:

Ahh cool, thanks!
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

You don't think that might be a little bit of a retread? I've heard similar speculation elsewhere online and I'm not sure whether or not I buy into it.
    Agreed. I mean I'm not 100% sure of it myself but it would make a degree of sense given how the trailer seems to portray her with the "she is the destroyer" thing. Course she could just be a liberated Borg, possibly having come from that cube originally. Which then may play into where Hugh comes back into things... or she could be something completely different. But to my mind there is a likelihood in there being a Borg connection too her. OR possibly a Spock/Sarek connection since either one would give her some sort of connection and link to Picard... Spock's Romulan daughter maybe? ... though that feels like an even bigger stretch. Maybe a Romulan Spock trusted and shared part of his Katra with.

The Picard panel is also viewable on Star Trek's Website: https://www.startrek.com/videos/watc...omic-con-panel

The 'Picard' Cast Surprises Fans at Comic-Con: https://www.startrek.com/videos/star...n-brent-spiner

Star Trek's Website also had: WATCH: The 'Discovery,' 'Short Treks' and 'Lower Decks' Comic-Con Panel

Lots of screenshots and a little bit of analysis of the trailer
    https://trekmovie.com/2019/07/24/sta...iler-analysis/

Also found this trailer analysis by Trek Central. Looks like they going with post apocalypse (the controversial supernova event) Romulan's experimenting with Borg technology presumably to try and regain some lost power. Gotta love the lab sign saying 5,843 days without assimilation lol! Looks like they have control of a cube too. Considering Romulan's and Borg were my favourite villains from TNG this pleases me greatly.

Yeah that sign cracked me up

Robert Picardo in early talks to appear in Season 2

https://trekmovie.com/2019/07/29/rob...rd-season-two/

Robert Picardo in early talks to appear in Season 2

https://trekmovie.com/2019/07/29/rob...rd-season-two/
    Was just about to post this myself. This would be awesome. I’m kinda starting to wonder if a big part of this show is Picard out in the thick of it dealing with the situation but then a small number of people within Starfleet trying to help him without directly interfering and funnelling info to him, so they have their own side stories along the way.

I know it's still early talks and so it may not happen at all, but I'm very curious what sort of a role he'd play. The/an EMH (but why would a hologram have aged?), or Lewis Zimmerman (why would a holo-engineer have reason to cross paths with Picard?) ?

I know it's still early talks and so it may not happen at all, but I'm very curious what sort of a role he'd play. The/an EMH (but why would a hologram have aged?), or Lewis Zimmerman (why would a holo-engineer have reason to cross paths with Picard?) ?
    O be fair Robert Picardo has aged pretty well so I don’t think it would take much to make him look right.

They'd probably have him back as Lewis Zimmerman and maybe briefly de-aged to play the/an EMH I reckon. It'd be great if they can get Bob Picardo involved...but I do have a worry. Something that turned me away from the novels was the near constant crossover meetings between characters from any of the Star Trek shows. It became a case of far too much fan service. I hope that Star Trek: Picard doesn't go down that road.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    They'd probably have him back as Lewis Zimmerman and maybe briefly de-aged to play the/an EMH I reckon. It'd be great if they can get Bob Picardo involved...but I do have a worry. Something that turned me away from the novels was the near constant crossover meetings between characters from any of the Star Trek shows. It became a case of far too much fan service. I hope that Star Trek: Picard doesn't go down that road.
    Yeah I admittedly agree. However it seems like there's a strong cast of original characters too so hopefully they will earn their place to stand along side the cameos of the old timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    They'd probably have him back as Lewis Zimmerman and maybe briefly de-aged to play the/an EMH I reckon.
    They could also very easily just say that he programmed himself to age. That's not something that was part of his initial program for obvious reasons, but given all the ways he attempted to explore his humanity and sense of self, I have no problem buying that he would be curious about exploring what it would be like to age, even if it's only superficial.

Sure, they didn't age him in "Endgame," but throughout the series he explored aspects of his humanity when people made comments to him that spurred him to self-reflection. In this new timeline, he could've gotten married earlier and decided to let himself age because his wife talked to him about how they would not grow old together, or he could've had an opportunity to reconnect with Zimmerman who perhaps died in the 23 years it took them to make it back in the original timeline and their time together gave the Doctor reason to want to grow into the person he came to know.

Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Yeah I admittedly agree. However it seems like there's a strong cast of original characters too so hopefully they will earn their place to stand along side the cameos of the old timers.
    Very true. It really needs to be the new character's time to shine. In theory they shouldn't be overshadowed by cameos from old friends.

In theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeden View Post
    They could also very easily just say that he programmed himself to age. That's not something that was part of his initial program for obvious reasons, but given all the ways he attempted to explore his humanity and sense of self, I have no problem buying that he would be curious about exploring what it would be like to age, even if it's only superficial.

Sure, they didn't age him in "Endgame," but throughout the series he explored aspects of his humanity when people made comments to him that spurred him to self-reflection. In this new timeline, he could've gotten married earlier and decided to let himself age because his wife talked to him about how they would not grow old together, or he could've had an opportunity to reconnect with Zimmerman who perhaps died in the 23 years it took them to make it back in the original timeline and their time together gave the Doctor reason to want to grow into the person he came to know.
    Yeah, EMH could be aged up by him updating his settings. Maybe some sort of "age app" might work? Have it set to tweak his appearance ever so slightly every year on the stardate of his first activation (i.e. his "birthday").
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...