Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I would guess Amazon gave them a better licensing deal. Amazon probably was willing to pay more after seeing how well Discovery is doing
    Must have been one hell of a deal, if that's the case. Supposedly Netflix secured the international distribution rights with enough money to pay for (at least) the Discovery's entire first season.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm thinking that the kid who played Picard as a child in the episode "Rascals" is probably old enough by now to play a younger Capt. Picard (perhaps commanding the Stargazer)

Comment

Apparently he's a photographer these days, and doesn't do much acting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Birkin

His imdb only has 11 credits from 2009-17 (nothing since then), and of those 11, eight are short films/commercials.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0083605/
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

First picture from the show, snapped by someone at CBS’s upfront event!

Comment

Originally posted by digifluid View Post
            first picture from the show, snapped by someone at cbs’s upfront event!
            squeeeeeee!
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Aaand right on the heels of that, the title and title card!

The series will be called Star Trek: Picard

https://twitter.com/StarTrek/status/1128774612735614976

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Aaand right on the heels of that, the title and title card!

The series will be called Star Trek: Picard

https://twitter.com/StarTrek/status/1128774612735614976
                Quite right too! Star Trek: Picard. It's really the only sensible title the producers of this new show should have even entertained using right from day 1 and hopefully they were! I can't even imagine them using anything else considering the man at the centre of it all.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

One thing that throws me a little about the photo: it looks like someone is wearing one of the early DS9/all-VOY jumpsuit type Starfleet uniforms, with the coloured shoulders. Strikes me as a little odd, since those uniforms were phased out during DS9's run.

Of course, it could be that the picture is slightly misleading. It's not like it's a front-on shot, so it could actually be very different.

Comment

One thing that throws me a little about the photo: it looks like someone is wearing one of the early DS9/all-VOY jumpsuit type Starfleet uniforms, with the coloured shoulders. Strikes me as a little odd, since those uniforms were phased out during DS9's run.

Of course, it could be that the picture is slightly misleading. It's not like it's a front-on shot, so it could actually be very different.
                    I thought that too. It could be a cadet uniform maybe? Something harking back to The First Duty cadet uniform (although that was later modified to be mainly grey and then modified again as something more rugged for the DS9 episode Valiant presumably due to the Dominion War. But if it actually is the main Starfleet uniform I'll be glad of one thing...at least it won't be those future ones seen in TNG's and VOY's respective finales. There is just something about that design I did not like.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Keep in mind that we know Starfleet keeps multiple uniforms types. When the black and grey style was brought in to DS9 we still saw the old TNG uniforms fairly often. They probably kept the Voyager style around too.

I'm even more interested in what the combadge is going to look like.

Comment

Something I assembled yesterday:

https://twitter.com/DigiGeekTV/statu...26705827835905

Comment

Well now that I know you're on Twitter, you just got a follow digi.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Well now that I know you're on Twitter, you just got a follow digi.
                            That's my nerd-out twitter, and where I livetweet stuff, so, sorry if you find yourself randomly flooded for an hour on Trek or Arrowverse nights

Comment

That's my nerd-out twitter, and where I livetweet stuff, so, sorry if you find yourself randomly flooded for an hour on Trek or Arrowverse nights
                              Dude I already come here for that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                Keep in mind that we know Starfleet keeps multiple uniforms types. When the black and grey style was brought in to DS9 we still saw the old TNG uniforms fairly often. They probably kept the Voyager style around too.

I'm even more interested in what the combadge is going to look like.
                                True. And the combadge may just resemble what they've used for the title card.

That's cool.

Read a scary comment somewhere speculating that the uniforms might be the DIS uniform design but they just given the DS9 / VOY colours. I sincerely hope that isn't the case because that is just lazy in my humble opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X