Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the chief labourer at Chateau Picard is B-4
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Maybe the chief labourer at Chateau Picard is B-4
      Well I was actually considering Countdown where it was suggested that Data’s personality became dominant within B4 and we went on to command the Enterprise right before the Hobus event. In which case it’d be very cool to see Data as a Captain.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I know what you meant. I just enjoy the mental image of a dumb Data being a farmhand
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I know what you meant. I just enjoy the mental image of a dumb Data being a farmhand
          I kinda consider all of Nemesis an abomination so I try not to think of B4 in that regard.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Ship B4 out to the dilithium mines like they did to the EMHs in Voyager
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              As I recall, the USS Yorktown depicted in ST IV looked more like the Reliant that Khan hijacked in ST II, whatever class that ship was. So it wasn't even remotely a Constitution class vessel.

Also, the "Enterprise-A" in ST V's difficulties would seem to indicate a hastily constructed ship, as by that time, Starfleet had the bugs worked out of the basic design/redesign.
              Saratoga and Reliant were Miranda-class starships (yes I'm a nerd )

Comment

I saw this on the Star Trek's website: This Month in Trek: 'May-ke it Bordeaux'

Here's the section about Star Trek: Picard and I just had to share this because some of the puns were really funny:

Originally posted by startrek.com
                We're kind of obsessed with each and every Redditor-created pun that surfaced in the days after the Star Trek: Picard trailer dropped. Some faves include, Star Trek: Deep Space Wine, Star Trek: Sideways, and "Make it Bordeaux." Check the rest out here.
                Here's the link to the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comm...picard_teaser/

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Mega excited about this!!!

Bloody CBS region locking the trailer though.. omfg.. thank goodness Amazon put one out shortly after!
                  Blakes Sanctum: Retro site for retro games! Age of Wonders, Babylon 5, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, Star Trek & more!

Comment

Youtube has got everything...
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

...or the various links that I posted right here in the thread, so anybody anywhere can watch it

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Small excerpt from a recent Kurtzman interview with Deadline:

But most of all, Boucher and I pull out some more details on Picard.

“A lot has happened to Jean-Luc Picard in the intervening years. He had to deal with some new things, and some old things. Both things collide together and he’s made choices that he’s not necessarily feeling great about,” says Kurtzman on the new Star Trek series which is currently shooting in Los Angeles.

As the new teaser trailer indicates, “something has caused him to leave Star fleet and we will find out a lot more about what happened,” says Kurtzman about the spinoff he’s exec producing.

What’s been key and vital on Picard is having Patrick Stewart in the writers’ room (He’s an EP on the series). “He knows Jean-Luc Picard more than anybody,” says Kurtzman.

“We’re reverent of him,” adds the EP, “his opinion on what happens really matters to us. We couldn’t do this show unless he was happy about it.”
                          https://deadline.com/2019/06/star-tr...ast-1202634037

Comment

More from the Deadline event, via TrekMovie:
                            While the show is named Star Trek: Picard, Kurtzman stressed that the idea of a family, of a ship’s crew, is still very much at the heart of the new show:

"It’s something that has been baked into the DNA of Picard — yes, obviously Patrick, it’s Patrick’s show — we have an unbelievable cast. And you know, the thing that I loved about the Next Gen cast is that you really could have focused any episode on any of them.

I would say the same about our cast now, that it’s such an incredibly brilliant group of actors, [that] are given such amazing things to do. Without spoiling anything, I think that you will feel that.

We spent a lot of time with Patrick, and you know he’s incredibly brilliant just as a human, and very warm, and obviously he knows Jean-Luc Picard better than anybody — and you know, he was really the one who from the outset said, “I don’t want to do this unless we’re breaking new ground. I don’t want to just play the character I played, why come back to that? We did that already.”

And so it’s been a really wonderful give-and-take in our collaboration with Patrick where he very quickly came to trust that we were both going to do exactly what he said in taking Picard to a new place, but also — and he doesn’t look at himself this way — we’re reverent of him, you know? He’s Patrick Stewart. When we’re in a room with him, his opinion really matters to us, and his happiness really matters to us, and ultimately, we couldn’t do this show the way we’re doing it if he wasn’t excited about it and excited to play it."

"I think we’ve found a story that honors everything that people love about the character, but in ways that are not what you expect — and yet, become more and more familiar as the show goes [on].

A lot has happened to Jean-Luc Picard in the intervening years. There’s been a lot going on and he’s had to deal with some new things, he’s had to deal with some old things, and both of those things kind of come colliding together. He’s made choices that he’s not necessarily feeling great about — and yet I think the audience will understand exactly why he made them."

Comment

It feels like he is just repeating what we already know. I guess I get it that he probably signed NDA with CBS. I expect the trend we will learn almost nothing until Comic Con
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Chabon has been announced as Picard’s showrunner. Besides a number of published books, Chabon’s genre credits include writing John Carter, Spider-Man 2, as well as the Star Trek: Short Treks episode “Calypso.”

https://www.startrek.com/news/michae...ar-trek-picard

Comment

Working...
                                X