No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't be Star Trek fandom if someone wasn't whining before there were even any confirmed details.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      It wouldn't be Star Trek fandom if someone wasn't whining before there were even any confirmed details.
      Yep like doctor who fandom complaining about a new Doctor and Star Wars fans complaining about... well life in general at this point...
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I think the phenomenon expands to science fiction in general. How many times in the old days did people complain about the smallest Stargate detail?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/star-tr...ike-discovery/

Nothing but good things in the above article on this series, we shall see how that translates on to screen through.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I think the phenomenon expands to science fiction in general. How many times in the old days did people complain about the smallest Stargate detail?
            Which I always found funny considering how Stargate may actually be the worst modern sci-fi show for its own consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/star-tr...ike-discovery/

Nothing but good things in the above article on this series, we shall see how that translates on to screen through.
              Good that they're keeping in mind how the old shows worked best. The shows should all feel unique which I think is something they lost sight of in late Voyager and early Enterprise.

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                Too bad it's going to air on CBS All Access where I am. Maybe I'll get lucky and this will get put on DVD so I can watch it.
                Yes...I hate this. I can get it at a discount since I'm an Amazon Prime member, but I don't want to watch the show on my PC or laptop.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                There may not be a physical media release anytime soon. There has been no announcement of a Discovery release as of yet, either.
                They are trying to use the Trek franchise to bootstrap the launch of their new pay tv service, CBS All Access, so it may be several years before we see home releases.
                Ummm...Discovery is on my wishlist queue on Amazon. I think it comes out next month.

*edit* it releases 11/13/2018
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  Yes...I hate this. I can get it at a discount since I'm an Amazon Prime member, but I don't want to watch the show on my PC or laptop.
                  No HDMI port on your laptop?

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  Ummm...Discovery is on my wishlist queue on Amazon. I think it comes out next month.

*edit* it releases 11/13/2018
                  Thanks I didn't expect it that early.

I don't give Amazon wish lists or anything, I don't want them to jack the price up 'cause they know I want it.

*yes, I have seen different prices on things depending upon whether I had viewed it while logged in or not.

Comment

No HDMI port on your laptop?

Thanks I didn't expect it that early.

I don't give Amazon wish lists or anything, I don't want them to jack the price up 'cause they know I want it.

*yes, I have seen different prices on things depending upon whether I had viewed it while logged in or not.
                    Yes...I have HDMI ports on my laptop, desktop, and TV. What it boils down to is paying for something else.
                    sigpic

Comment

Discovery's BD release was announced back in August....
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Discovery is in the Prime timeline. Captain Picard has only ever been portrayed in the Prime timeline (albeit 120something years later). Patrick Stewart is returning as Picard, as he said in his own public statement. There is no part of what you just said that makes sense..
                        Actors have lied before, multiple times.
                        Again: what? Viacom only holds the rights to release films, while CBS holds the rights to create and broadcast TV series.
                        Which is why we got the mess of having the films and the tv show set in completely different universe.

If the two firms merge together, the trek universe will be reunited under a single entity again and we can start sorting out the mess left by JJ Abrams and the discovery guys.

Comment

I call it feedback before delivering unoriginal **** to our screens again. Which they keep on doing because they keep on failing to listen to the fans. They should come up with a story that doesn't involve bad guys or even bad aliens, there more to the star trek universe than that.

Comment

I call it feedback before delivering unoriginal **** to our screens again. Which they keep on doing because they keep on failing to listen to the fans. They should come up with a story that doesn't involve bad guys or even bad aliens, there more to the star trek universe than that.
                            I remember the ending shot from some piece of Trek, I forget which, but at the end of the show/movie/whatever is a scene from the distant future, where an "Enterprise" is setting out on a journey to a distant galaxy. That's what I'd like to see. Exploration of the future.

We've already had prequels galore, that's all they seem to be interested in creating. Move along already!

Comment

You call it unoriginal but frankly I find Disco highly original. While the last JJ film was one of the best Star Trek films made. They have already confirmed that what ever shows they do will each have their own unique take and feel which is more than I can say for what they did with Voyager and Enterprise.

I remember the ending shot from some piece of Trek, I forget which, but at the end of the show/movie/whatever is a scene from the distant future, where an "Enterprise" is setting out on a journey to a distant galaxy. That's what I'd like to see. Exploration of the future.

We've already had prequels galore, that's all they seem to be interested in creating. Move along already!
                              That shot never existed. You may be thinking of the bit in Enterprise where Archer gets taken to the future to see the Enterprise J but that was in the middle of a battle.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                That shot never existed. You may be thinking of the bit in Enterprise where Archer gets taken to the future to see the Enterprise J but that was in the middle of a battle.
                                Since I can't remember the details, I'm not entirely sure, but I suppose that could have been it.

Comment

Working...
                                X