Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New poster: Captain Picard has a dog

And in quasi-‘motion poster’ format (caution: sound)
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Not that I'm gonna be watching but I think it would be smart of them to bring back Vulcan and Romulus somehow. It seems that Spock and Leonard Nimoy were both double agents.

Comment

Er..what?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by ganymede View Post
          Not that I'm gonna be watching but I think it would be smart of them to bring back Vulcan and Romulus somehow. It seems that Spock and Leonard Nimoy were both double agents.
          No idea what you're talking about with the second part of this. But Vulcan will still exist as that was only destroyed in the Abram movies and that is a separate universe and although we are not 100% sure we are presuming that this show will deal with the aftermath of Romulus destruction after Spock failed to save it.
          If you're not gonna watch brand new Trek and Picard awesome then your loss.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Still nothing on the actual plot except for those vague details?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkwintre View Post
              Still nothing on the actual plot except for those vague details?
              They're keeping things fairly close to their chest. I'm guessing they will right up until the main trailer drops because that's exactly what they did for DSC and is fairly common in tv in general these days.

Comment

Now the teaser trailer and both posters have emphasized Chateau Picard, which we know to be on Earth....except in this second poster now there's a big planet in the sky. I'm thinking that's very symbolic - it's not literally another world, it's Earth--but the shadow of (whatever went wrong at) Romulus looms over Picard constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  They're keeping things fairly close to their chest. I'm guessing they will right up until the main trailer drops because that's exactly what they did for DSC and is fairly common in tv in general these days.
                  I bet you they are waiting for comic con
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Now the teaser trailer and both posters have emphasized Chateau Picard, which we know to be on Earth....except in this second poster now there's a big planet in the sky. I'm thinking that's very symbolic - it's not literally another world, it's Earth--but the shadow of (whatever went wrong at) Romulus looms over Picard constantly.
                    Interestingly it's not so much a planet in the sky as it is a ghostly outline of one. Which I think definitely symbolises a planet that isn't there anymore. Which definitely sounds like Romulus.

It has occurred to me though that I really hope that this series will explore some of what Q was trying to teach Picard at the end of All Good Things.

Q : You just don't get it, do you, Jean-Luc? The trial never ends. We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons. And for one brief moment, you did.

Capt. Picard : When I realized the paradox.

Q : Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered. *That* is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.

Comment

I'm torn on that. I love that scene and would love to see it revisited...but at the same time, I'm not sure I want Q in the new show.

Comment

I'm torn on that. I love that scene and would love to see it revisited...but at the same time, I'm not sure I want Q in the new show.
                        Neither am I. But I'm not sure they'd need to. They don't even need to strictly reference it. Just clearly show that's how Picard's mentality has gone. If they did bring Q back though I'd want them to digitally de-age DeLancie for a brief scene and then have Q be like "Well haven't I been gone a long time." And flash back as an older version...

Also consider: Q flashes in. He and Picard share brief barbs though Picard is more only half irritated to see him and considers him with a kind of nostalgic warmth since now, for the first time in their encounters Picard doesn't feel like he has a ship with 1ooo souls on board to protect. Q then sees his dog and the name tag on it saying "No.1" and is instantly like "Say, is this actually Riker? Because if it is I can assure you I had nothing to do with it..."

Comment

Maybe whatever happened to Romulus was the result of some conflict the Q Continuum got involved in and that's how they explain Q's aged condition?

Comment

LeVar Burton Expects ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’ Cast To Appear On ‘Picard’ …Eventually

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

New photo of Picard and his doggo. Not much new here, but it’s something:

http://trekcore.com/blog/2019/07/new...r-trek-picard/

Comment

New photo of Picard and his doggo. Not much new here, but it’s something:

http://trekcore.com/blog/2019/07/new...r-trek-picard/
                                Every time I see new stuff I get chills. I can't wait for a trailer.

Comment

Working...
                                X