Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Results 121 to 133 of 133
  1. #121
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,246

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    I'm just thinking...the voiceover says it was 15 years ago that he led the greatest rescue armada in history. I presume that's referring to the Hobus star's supernova in 2387, suggesting again that the show is closer to 20 years post-Nemesis than 20 years post-AGT.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

  2. #122

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    Maybe now I'll finally find out if the Borg were wiped out after Endgame
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  3. #123
    Air Force Chief of Staff Alan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    36,947

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I'm just thinking...the voiceover says it was 15 years ago that he led the greatest rescue armada in history. I presume that's referring to the Hobus star's supernova in 2387, suggesting again that the show is closer to 20 years post-Nemesis than 20 years post-AGT.
    That's what I'm guessing as well. So that's going to make this show set sometime around 2402.

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Maybe now I'll finally find out if the Borg were wiped out after Endgame
    Very possibly.

    What I'm hoping is that there will be absolutely zero interference from Q in this show.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

  4. #124
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,246

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    A lot of the Q episodes of TNG were pretty terrific. Q Who, Tapestry, and All Good Things were terrific reflective/contemplative stories, which by all accounts is what this show is shooting for.

    That said....I'm not sure that Q would fit in on Star Trek as it exists on television at the moment. Even as Discovery is doing very 'science fiction' things, it stays pretty grounded in terms of characters.

    I wouldn't be upset at some oblique references though, like having Picard nostalgically or inspirationally tell one of the younger cast members "someone once told me that the real journey is in exploring the infinite possibilities of the mind," or something like that.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

  5. #125
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,014

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I'm just thinking...the voiceover says it was 15 years ago that he led the greatest rescue armada in history. I presume that's referring to the Hobus star's supernova in 2387, suggesting again that the show is closer to 20 years post-Nemesis than 20 years post-AGT.
    I thought this was common knowledge already? Stewart has always said that it was 20 years since he last wore the uniform to reflect a similar time frame in real life, meaning Nemesis but certain press outlets assumed he meant the end of TNG because they didn't take the movies into account. It'll put the show in 2399.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  6. #126
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,246

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I thought this was common knowledge already? Stewart has always said that it was 20 years since he last wore the uniform to reflect a similar time frame in real life, meaning Nemesis but certain press outlets assumed he meant the end of TNG because they didn't take the movies into account. It'll put the show in 2399.
    There's been some dispute. The original announcement (by Patrick Stewart at a con, IIRC) said '20 years since he last put on the uniform,' suggesting a 2400 timeframe. Then there was that later statement (I forget who by) that said or at least strongly implied that the show was going to be set 20 years post-TNG rather than post-Nemesis, implying a 2390 timeframe.

    If the trailer is indeed referring to the Romulus rescue mission in 2387, and assuming the "15 years" line isn't just the trailer character narrator rounding (for example) 14 up or 16 down, that puts us in 2402 for Picard, like Alan noted above.

    Just....no appearances from Admiral Janeway this time, please. For the love of god.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

  7. #127
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,014

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    There's been some dispute. The original announcement (by Patrick Stewart at a con, IIRC) said '20 years since he last put on the uniform,' suggesting a 2400 timeframe. Then there was that later statement (I forget who by) that said or at least strongly implied that the show was going to be set 20 years post-TNG rather than post-Nemesis, implying a 2390 timeframe.

    If the trailer is indeed referring to the Romulus rescue mission in 2387, and assuming the "15 years" line isn't just the trailer character narrator rounding (for example) 14 up or 16 down, that puts us in 2402 for Picard, like Alan noted above.

    Just....no appearances from Admiral Janeway this time, please. For the love of god.
    Meh. I'd be cool with seeing more Janeway. But I'd rather she have her own thing.

    I do hope we see the Enterprise in some capacity though. I mean if it follows the STO timeline it'll be a good ten years before the Enterprise F rolls off the production line, meaning that it should be the Enterprise E still. Just give it a brand new Captain and crew and have it showing its age.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  8. #128
    Colonel mad_gater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    6,795

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Meh. I'd be cool with seeing more Janeway. But I'd rather she have her own thing.

    I do hope we see the Enterprise in some capacity though. I mean if it follows the STO timeline it'll be a good ten years before the Enterprise F rolls off the production line, meaning that it should be the Enterprise E still. Just give it a brand new Captain and crew and have it showing its age.
    some classes of Federation starships can be serviceable well into the Enterprise-J's timeline....for example I think you can see at least one Prometheus-class participating in the Battle of Procyon V against the Sphere Builders

  9. #129
    Colonel mad_gater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    6,795

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    When Daniels shows Archer the Battle of Procyon V you can also see a Nova-class and a Dauntless-class and even a presumably still allied Klingon Vor'Cha-class all participating in the battle so perhaps the Sovereign-class will still be serviceable well into the Federation's future....though it's possible that by that time Excelsior-class vessels may have far outlived their tactical usefulness and probably get relegated to the role of glorified transport vessels

  10. #130
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,014

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by mad_gater View Post
    When Daniels shows Archer the Battle of Procyon V you can also see a Nova-class and a Dauntless-class and even a presumably still allied Klingon Vor'Cha-class all participating in the battle so perhaps the Sovereign-class will still be serviceable well into the Federation's future....though it's possible that by that time Excelsior-class vessels may have far outlived their tactical usefulness and probably get relegated to the role of glorified transport vessels
    Well... yes that’s my point. The Sovereign class will only be about 30 years old at the point of Picard so it’ll definitely still be in service. But there will almost certainly be ships more advanced now unless it is like from the TMP to TNG era where the Excelsior was seemingly still the top dog in the fleet until the Galaxy came along.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  11. #131

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    There's been some dispute. The original announcement (by Patrick Stewart at a con, IIRC) said '20 years since he last put on the uniform,' suggesting a 2400 timeframe. Then there was that later statement (I forget who by) that said or at least strongly implied that the show was going to be set 20 years post-TNG rather than post-Nemesis, implying a 2390 timeframe.

    If the trailer is indeed referring to the Romulus rescue mission in 2387, and assuming the "15 years" line isn't just the trailer character narrator rounding (for example) 14 up or 16 down, that puts us in 2402 for Picard, like Alan noted above.

    Just....no appearances from Admiral Janeway this time, please. For the love of god.
    What about an Admiral Sisko?
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  12. #132
    Colonel P-90_177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling through Time and Space
    Posts
    7,014

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    What about an Admiral Sisko?
    Sisko may be more deserving of being an Admiral than Janeway but i’d Doubt he’d be happy as one.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

  13. #133
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,246

    Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

    Even if he’s done being a god, he wanted to retire to Bajor once the war was over.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: May 9th, 2019, 12:21 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 9th, 2019, 12:20 PM
  3. Star Trek Beyond : News/Speculation/Spoilers
    By Madwelshboy in forum Star Trek
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: August 16th, 2018, 07:41 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 1st, 2014, 09:05 AM
  5. Replies: 1254
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2011, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •