Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

I'm just thinking...the voiceover says it was 15 years ago that he led the greatest rescue armada in history. I presume that's referring to the Hobus star's supernova in 2387, suggesting again that the show is closer to 20 years post-Nemesis than 20 years post-AGT.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Maybe now I'll finally find out if the Borg were wiped out after Endgame
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I'm just thinking...the voiceover says it was 15 years ago that he led the greatest rescue armada in history. I presume that's referring to the Hobus star's supernova in 2387, suggesting again that the show is closer to 20 years post-Nemesis than 20 years post-AGT.
    That's what I'm guessing as well. So that's going to make this show set sometime around 2402.

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Maybe now I'll finally find out if the Borg were wiped out after Endgame
    Very possibly.

What I'm hoping is that there will be absolutely zero interference from Q in this show.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

A lot of the Q episodes of TNG were pretty terrific. Q Who, Tapestry, and All Good Things were terrific reflective/contemplative stories, which by all accounts is what this show is shooting for.

That said....I'm not sure that Q would fit in on Star Trek as it exists on television at the moment. Even as Discovery is doing very 'science fiction' things, it stays pretty grounded in terms of characters.

I wouldn't be upset at some oblique references though, like having Picard nostalgically or inspirationally tell one of the younger cast members "someone once told me that the real journey is in exploring the infinite possibilities of the mind," or something like that.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

I thought this was common knowledge already? Stewart has always said that it was 20 years since he last wore the uniform to reflect a similar time frame in real life, meaning Nemesis but certain press outlets assumed he meant the end of TNG because they didn't take the movies into account. It'll put the show in 2399.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I thought this was common knowledge already? Stewart has always said that it was 20 years since he last wore the uniform to reflect a similar time frame in real life, meaning Nemesis but certain press outlets assumed he meant the end of TNG because they didn't take the movies into account. It'll put the show in 2399.
    There's been some dispute. The original announcement (by Patrick Stewart at a con, IIRC) said '20 years since he last put on the uniform,' suggesting a 2400 timeframe. Then there was that later statement (I forget who by) that said or at least strongly implied that the show was going to be set 20 years post-TNG rather than post-Nemesis, implying a 2390 timeframe.

If the trailer is indeed referring to the Romulus rescue mission in 2387, and assuming the "15 years" line isn't just the trailer character narrator rounding (for example) 14 up or 16 down, that puts us in 2402 for Picard, like Alan noted above.

Just....no appearances from Admiral Janeway this time, please. For the love of god.

There's been some dispute. The original announcement (by Patrick Stewart at a con, IIRC) said '20 years since he last put on the uniform,' suggesting a 2400 timeframe. Then there was that later statement (I forget who by) that said or at least strongly implied that the show was going to be set 20 years post-TNG rather than post-Nemesis, implying a 2390 timeframe.

If the trailer is indeed referring to the Romulus rescue mission in 2387, and assuming the "15 years" line isn't just the trailer character narrator rounding (for example) 14 up or 16 down, that puts us in 2402 for Picard, like Alan noted above.

Just....no appearances from Admiral Janeway this time, please. For the love of god.
    Meh. I'd be cool with seeing more Janeway. But I'd rather she have her own thing.

I do hope we see the Enterprise in some capacity though. I mean if it follows the STO timeline it'll be a good ten years before the Enterprise F rolls off the production line, meaning that it should be the Enterprise E still. Just give it a brand new Captain and crew and have it showing its age.

Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Meh. I'd be cool with seeing more Janeway. But I'd rather she have her own thing.

I do hope we see the Enterprise in some capacity though. I mean if it follows the STO timeline it'll be a good ten years before the Enterprise F rolls off the production line, meaning that it should be the Enterprise E still. Just give it a brand new Captain and crew and have it showing its age.
    some classes of Federation starships can be serviceable well into the Enterprise-J's timeline....for example I think you can see at least one Prometheus-class participating in the Battle of Procyon V against the Sphere Builders

When Daniels shows Archer the Battle of Procyon V you can also see a Nova-class and a Dauntless-class and even a presumably still allied Klingon Vor'Cha-class all participating in the battle so perhaps the Sovereign-class will still be serviceable well into the Federation's future....though it's possible that by that time Excelsior-class vessels may have far outlived their tactical usefulness and probably get relegated to the role of glorified transport vessels

Quote Originally Posted by mad_gater View Post
    When Daniels shows Archer the Battle of Procyon V you can also see a Nova-class and a Dauntless-class and even a presumably still allied Klingon Vor'Cha-class all participating in the battle so perhaps the Sovereign-class will still be serviceable well into the Federation's future....though it's possible that by that time Excelsior-class vessels may have far outlived their tactical usefulness and probably get relegated to the role of glorified transport vessels
    Well... yes that’s my point. The Sovereign class will only be about 30 years old at the point of Picard so it’ll definitely still be in service. But there will almost certainly be ships more advanced now unless it is like from the TMP to TNG era where the Excelsior was seemingly still the top dog in the fleet until the Galaxy came along.

What about an Admiral Sisko?
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    What about an Admiral Sisko?
    Sisko may be more deserving of being an Admiral than Janeway but i’d Doubt he’d be happy as one.

Even if he’s done being a god, he wanted to retire to Bajor once the war was over.