Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Untitled Captain Picard series - speculation/discussion/spoilers

That's exactly what I was thinking, too. To draw parallels: Discovery is "Kirk punches an alien in the face," while the Picard show will be more "Darmok."

At least, that's what I take away from what Kurtzman is saying.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

sokath, his eyes uncovered!
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Well I'm not sure what the story is with that one actor a few days ago commenting on the set washrooms (unless they were just visiting), but production commenced TODAY, and is scheduled to run through till September 16!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Well I'm not sure what the story is with that one actor a few days ago commenting on the set washrooms (unless they were just visiting), but production commenced TODAY, and is scheduled to run through till September 16!
    ooooh. Give it another couple of months and we'll probably start getting the earliest promos and stuff. I really can't wait for all the news coming for this one.

Excellent!

A tiiiiny little bit more from Alex Kurtzman:
    The mandate was to make it a more psychological show, a character study about this man in his emeritus years. There are so few shows that allow a significantly older protagonist to be the driver…What happens when circumstances have conspired to not give him the happiest of endings? Hopefully, it’s a reinforcement of [‘Trek’ creator Gene] Roddenberry’s vision of optimism. He’s going to have to go through deep valleys to get back to the light.
    https://trekmovie.com/2019/05/09/ale...-future-on-tv/

Announced this morning: Outside the US and Canada, the Picard show will be airing on Amazon Prime Video

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/st...bs-1203212357/

Announced this morning: Outside the US and Canada, the Picard show will be airing on Amazon Prime Video

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/st...bs-1203212357/
    Hmmm... good for Amazon. I mean between The Expanse and Picard they could start cornering the market on good hard sci-fi. From CBS' perspective though it seems an odd choice not to go with Netflix again. Why divide your shows? They should be put all together really.

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

I would guess Amazon gave them a better licensing deal. Amazon probably was willing to pay more after seeing how well Discovery is doing
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

And Canada will get the same arrangement we currently have with Discovery: it will air on TV on Space at the same time it becomes available in the US, and then it'll be available for streaming on Crave the next day.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...858299390.html

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I would guess Amazon gave them a better licensing deal. Amazon probably was willing to pay more after seeing how well Discovery is doing
    Must have been one hell of a deal, if that's the case. Supposedly Netflix secured the international distribution rights with enough money to pay for (at least) the Discovery's entire first season.

I'm thinking that the kid who played Picard as a child in the episode "Rascals" is probably old enough by now to play a younger Capt. Picard (perhaps commanding the Stargazer)

Apparently he's a photographer these days, and doesn't do much acting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Birkin

His imdb only has 11 credits from 2009-17 (nothing since then), and of those 11, eight are short films/commercials.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0083605/

First picture from the show, snapped by someone at CBS’s upfront event!

Quote Originally Posted by digifluid View Post
    first picture from the show, snapped by someone at cbs’s upfront event!
    squeeeeeee!

Aaand right on the heels of that, the title and title card!

The series will be called Star Trek: Picard

https://twitter.com/StarTrek/status/1128774612735614976

Aaand right on the heels of that, the title and title card!

The series will be called Star Trek: Picard

https://twitter.com/StarTrek/status/1128774612735614976
    Quite right too! Star Trek: Picard. It's really the only sensible title the producers of this new show should have even entertained using right from day 1 and hopefully they were! I can't even imagine them using anything else considering the man at the centre of it all.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

One thing that throws me a little about the photo: it looks like someone is wearing one of the early DS9/all-VOY jumpsuit type Starfleet uniforms, with the coloured shoulders. Strikes me as a little odd, since those uniforms were phased out during DS9's run.

Of course, it could be that the picture is slightly misleading. It's not like it's a front-on shot, so it could actually be very different.

One thing that throws me a little about the photo: it looks like someone is wearing one of the early DS9/all-VOY jumpsuit type Starfleet uniforms, with the coloured shoulders. Strikes me as a little odd, since those uniforms were phased out during DS9's run.

Of course, it could be that the picture is slightly misleading. It's not like it's a front-on shot, so it could actually be very different.
    I thought that too. It could be a cadet uniform maybe? Something harking back to The First Duty cadet uniform (although that was later modified to be mainly grey and then modified again as something more rugged for the DS9 episode Valiant presumably due to the Dominion War. But if it actually is the main Starfleet uniform I'll be glad of one thing...at least it won't be those future ones seen in TNG's and VOY's respective finales. There is just something about that design I did not like.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Default Re: Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Keep in mind that we know Starfleet keeps multiple uniforms types. When the black and grey style was brought in to DS9 we still saw the old TNG uniforms fairly often. They probably kept the Voyager style around too.

I'm even more interested in what the combadge is going to look like.