• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Rings new MMORPG game on Kick Starter

Come help build something special.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../ancient-rings

Goal has been met so congrats on that.

However, one important question... Is this sanctioned by MGM since it is using licensed material and would therefor be a breach of copyright material if it isn't? Especially since it looks like money has to be spend to even play the game? The subscription-based set-up means money is going to be made (which I'm sure will be poured back into the game) but it nevertheless means an actual business is set up here.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey Falcon Horus its not a licensed game but has been cleared by MGM. They provided me with a list of things I can't use. They were mostly concerned with trade mark stuff. MGM is well aware of my two games. My first one is System Lords (Also available on IOS and Android) has been running for over 5 years and has raised over $200,000 which has been used to fund Ancient Rings.

Comment

Originally posted by SystemLords View Post
        Hey Falcon Horus its not a licensed game but has been cleared by MGM. They provided me with a list of things I can't use. They were mostly concerned with trade mark stuff. MGM is well aware of my two games. My first one is System Lords (Also available on IOS and Android) has been running for over 5 years and has raised over $200,000 which has been used to fund Ancient Rings.
        Thanks -- all I needed to know.

Since I'm on vacation right now, donating is a bit difficult but I'll be sure to check it out once it's released. I'm not much of a PC gamer but the current MMORP (non-action, just give order and wait for it to finish) is getting predictable and the outcome is the same each world (use the loopholes, don't get caught and win the game).

Comment

I'm focusing more on solo content at first. So story-line, player interaction and questing. Each planet has its own story-line and some planets cut off from the over all main story-line. Just like the series did their episodes. I also have a writer on board that will write preludes to every planet as well as several page short stories that will be released as episodes for people to read.

Comment

I'm focusing more on solo content at first. So story-line, player interaction and questing.
            Right up my alley.

Comment

Before I started making the game I first decided that I wanted to make large unique well thought out worlds instead of a ton of planets that were just auto generated and boring. Players will spend a lot of time on each world. Solving the problems with the planet and solving any puzzles that exist.

Comment

Congrats on that, you got lucky and it is nice that you will not be getting problems from MGM. I do not play such type pf games, but you are doing something really cool. So thumbs up for that

Comment

Ancient Rings is still in progress just took a couple years break on it. Going back to it full time this year.
                  Keep update with the game by following 26horses facebook page. https://facebook.com/26horses

Comment

Since you had a break, are you still sure you can make it the way it is? Especially considering that the guys from the Stargate Network were shut down, and there is currently a game in the works (even though we haven't actually heard a word of that since ... last year maybe so perhaps it got quietly shelved again).

Comment

Pre Orders Start now. Rise of Anupet. Stargate Arena shooter.
                      https://26horses.com Can be ordered from the 26horses Game Browser. Windows only.

Comment

Ah, lookie here.

Comment

Working...
                        X