How to gain knowledge from Destiny with SG-1 technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to gain knowledge from Destiny with SG-1 technology

Theoratical question. If somebody visits the board of Destiny and briefly watches the computer screens to read Ancient logs (about the past journey of Destiny or about the technology), then can they analyze his visual memories by the Tok'Ra or the Galaran technology on Earth? So imagine that you have got only a few authorized minutes or hours there weekly, so instead of taking notes or listening the boring presentation of Brody, Volker or Eli then they could simply quickly "read" all the details from a computer screen (like the speedy reading of books in Upgrades) then the translators could watch it page by page on Earth in slow motion. I believe Earth could have gained quicker so much informations this way, so instead of sending a few people there to spend hours on the cursed Destiny, they could just swap bodies, read the logs super quickly, then check every pages with the memory technologies at home without risking the hosts.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    Theoratical question. If somebody visits the board of Destiny and briefly watches the computer screens to read Ancient logs (about the past journey of Destiny or about the technology), then can they analyze his visual memories by the Tok'Ra or the Galaran technology on Earth? So imagine that you have got only a few authorized minutes or hours there weekly, so instead of taking notes or listening the boring presentation of Brody, Volker or Eli then they could simply quickly "read" all the details from a computer screen (like the speedy reading of books in Upgrades) then the translators could watch it page by page on Earth in slow motion. I believe Earth could have gained quicker so much informations this way, so instead of sending a few people there to spend hours on the cursed Destiny, they could just swap bodies, read the logs super quickly, then check every pages with the memory technologies at home without risking the hosts.
    I was going to say no since my first impression was that it's not possible with the use of the stones, but why not? The physical bodies remain, but the memories should be unaffected.

I think the reason why they kept swapping bodies is just a practical one. Ever tried doing a work project on teleconference? Kind of hard to do, sometimes you need to be physically present. But, fact remain that I don't see why a couple scientists such as Dr. Lee couldn't analyze these logs.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Just imagine that you have to make a presentation, but you are not able to take any notes. So they have got only those informations what the swapped bodies have written down on Earth or what they have told to anyone else. Because eventhe visitors can bring home only those informations what they directly learn on the ship with the reading of the Ancient logs.

But this advanced memory projecting and rewriting technologies they could simply bring home the "notes". And we could have learnt so many useful things where the Destiny has been, who has been on the board before our heroes etc.
      Last edited by Platschu; 03 August 2018, 10:23 PM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
      X