Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1 vs SGA replicators: The Ultimate Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 vs SGA replicators: The Ultimate Thread.

This has bothered me for a while...

What do you think would happen if Milky Way Galaxy replicators had somehow made contact with the Pegasus Lanteans reps? Assimilation of the Galaxy in unison or self-destruction to keep monopoly on replication?
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

There's no stupid questions, then I wonder... who would adapt to who... and what would be the consequences of a fight or a new adaptation...
    John Sheppard : Fruit bowl, Nice touch !

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

depends on who made Reese, if a colony of ancients of somehow survived and made Reese, would explain alot, as others have suggested before, atleast one other did i guess.... so that would mean maybe the pegasus would adapt to them, but if not... then i would guess... i

t would be a question of pride vs reprogramability, milky way didnt nescesarily adjust thier programming til after the asgard gathered them to destroy them in a eternity waiting, but what if, the asgard computers held all the ancient data they saved in thsoe massive storage centers, for the future races? what if that would make the milky way ones not only dominant but useful.

i think in general societal principles the pegasus ones are better adapted and more complexely held together asa society with goals and sights, where as the milky way ones don't really have a complex code and might be seen as inferior, but the Pegasus galaxy ones might see it differently if the milky way ones did tie back in their origins to the ancients, depending on if pre or post Pegasus journey,

and what information they had from the archives, perhaps if they could find out how the ancients truly felt about them and why they did what they did in leaving them there and supposedly destroying and razing them without fixing their programming from being aggressive, that would have made sure perhaps they adopted the milky way ones as cousins or siblings,

but the truth is.... they might very well fight.... it would come down to the replicators human forms and how different they were from the spider bots. i have a feeling they would be seen as contemptible by the Pegasus replicators and i don't think they would survive unless they were reprogrammed by the Pegasus replicators,

the truth is the Pegasus ones have overwhelming aggression that would cause them to destroy them unless they have dealt with that, which it seems unlikely they ever truly removed that aspect, they are still very brutal and violent, the milky way ones are bent on consuming everything that isnt them, which would arguably include the milky way and the pegasus galaxies races and worlds, and replicating robots....

it comes down to adaptability and foresight vs seeing them as cousins/siblings, if connected by the ancients.

Reese on the other hand might be absolutely safe and likely would have been taken from the sg1 or asgard if they had her, to join in safety, the Pegasus replicators as she may very well be a direct product of ancients and is very impressive if somewhat bizarre, but due to the Pegasus replicates extreme avarice for their creators love, and their rage,

i think they would study her to study why she was made so different from them, so flawed, so fragile compared to them, so destroy-able, and seemingly so incompetent at basics for them such as astrophysics,

yet able to make nano bots but not be able to survive as nano bots, to have such gregarious flaws yet seemingly still be treasured by some ancients would have been a puzzle and a treasure they would not have discarded though

they may have fought over whether to bother or not, enough would want to keep her though, that the rest would likely let them study and try to teach or integrate her as a lesser replicator among them, due to her ability none the less impressive in some ways from their own, to produce nanite structures.
      Last edited by AleksisMi; 01 August 2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I think the Lantean replicators would have altered the Milky Way replicators, or at least would have tried to since they had that whole Ancient arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by BluePrincess View Post
          There's no stupid questions, then I wonder... who would adapt to who... and what would be the consequences of a fight or a new adaptation...
          That would be quite scary, having two replicator factions merge together. That could be one possibility yes, how scary would that be, having a ''fake'' Atlantis built in the Milky Way?

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
          i think in general societal principles the pegasus ones are better adapted and more complexely held together asa society with goals and sights, where as the milky way ones don't really have a complex code and might be seen as inferior, but the Pegasus galaxy ones might see it differently if the milky way ones did tie back in their origins to the ancients, depending on if pre or post Pegasus journey
          Good point Aleksi, the Pegasus repli seems much more advanced than the milky way replicators and considering they did not hesitate a second to wipe humans to achieve their goal of starving the wraith, I wouldn't be surprised if they would see the MW replicators as a nuisance.

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
          I think the Lantean replicators would have altered the Milky Way replicators, or at least would have tried to since they had that whole Ancient arrogance.
          They were kind of pricks weren't they? Replicator war... It would probably not be conventional warfare as we know it, perhaps one faction would try to hack the network of the other replicators? Even worse, what if both factions are somehow connected and as soon as they meet they would become one, unstoppable force.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
          X