Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't SGI have known about the Origins Timeline?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't SGI have known about the Origins Timeline?!

Of course I realize that SGI and Origins were not produced by the same team. It's just a thought of abject realism, that the timeline of events leading to the story of Origins would certainly have already been known to the SG1 team and they have already been there via time travel through the stargate. But this possibility was left out of Origins I guess.

Well... They closed the Origins that way that it won't effect the timeline of SG-1.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Well... They closed the Origins that way that it won't effect the timeline of SG-1.
      It already did cause I don't know how Isis could have been in two places at once... at the bottom of the ocean and obliterated on Abydos.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I didn't want to spoil it here, but yeah that was wrong...
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I didn't want to spoil it here, but yeah that was wrong...
          I literally stopped giving a flying fig about spoiling. Gateworld and Stargate Command happily broke every spoiler-rule they had in place so I have literally no intention to follow that now either.

Besides, it's not a major plotline anyway...

Comment

Last time I was thinking how this whole Origins could have been continued. Maybe it would deserve an own thread.

1. Like James Beal was revived with a sarcophagus and he becomes a Goa'uld host, so we could see him in later SG projects. But then why would Ra not attack Earth if the Goa'uld could gain informations about the Tau'ri? And have they detroyed his body anway with the temple?

2. Could Ellie Gall reprise "Catherine" in future SG projects if any storyline will revisit the 1945-1995 era?

etc.

Comment

No reprising -- cast them in a brand new stargate project. Don't waste their talents on more webseries which are limited in audience.

Comment

They looked happy on the SDCC photos and as you described them the actors are really nice and friendly. It is not their fault that the script (and the budget) was really low, so the fan expectations were different.

Comment

They looked happy on the SDCC photos and as you described them the actors are really nice and friendly. It is not their fault that the script (and the budget) was really low, so the fan expectations were different.
                  They are a great bunch and that's why I want them cast in something that is widely available. It's for my benefit (and theirs), not because Origins was so-so.

Comment

What about Wasif?? You know, the skinny kid working as an assistant to the Englishman, Beale?

I forgot to add to what I've mentioned that although I like all of SGI (especially up to Season 8), I watched only a few episodes of the other two series, Atlantis and Universe, and didn't like them in comparison to SG1. I wonder how many other people feel the same way.

The way the Nazi element is introduced is too Indiana Jones for me. In fact there are wha, 3 or 4 Nazis, and 3 or 4 Wraith-like creatures in the planet under total conquest?!
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 August 2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                      What about Wasif?? You know, the skinny kid working as an assistant to the Englishman, Beale?
                      What about him?

And also, he wasn't assistent to Beal. He was a friend and fellow soldier.

Comment

Working...
                      X