Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ship Day 2018: Sixteenth Annual Sam/Jack Celebration!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack & Sam - A Thousand Years

Comment

A drawing I did of Jack and Sam.

Comment

Thank you iiradned & Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse for the great new story additions you found and the beautiful Ship Day artwork.

Comment

You're welcome I love that this ship still is alive, still inspiring writers to write new stories, vidders to make new videos and artists to make new art

Comment

New screen cap fic: Knock knock

Based on this tweet

Comment

Just dropping in to wish everyone a very

Happy Ship Day!!!

And to whoever wants to, feel free to post the shippy calendar pages A Karswyll and I made ages ago or my First Time series (see list iiradned)
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Feelings Uninhibited by Always_Stargate *NEW WIP*

They survived so much over so many years. They were each others' comfort and strength all the while trying to resist their growing and complex feelings for one another. Jack gets a little flirty and loose when he drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  Just dropping in to wish everyone a very

Happy Ship Day!!!

And to whoever wants to, feel free to post the shippy calendar pages A Karswyll and I made ages ago or my First Time series (see list iiradned)
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Happy Ship Day!

Originally posted by Always_Stargate View Post
                    The mission went great... by Always_Stargate *NEW*
                    A canon compliant insert to Threads from General Hammond's perspective as he reminisces on Jack's use of the phrase
                    "The mission went great, sir. Except Carter and I had to share a room and there was only one bed so..."
                    Hammond has been working behind the scenes to give Jack and Sam a chance together.
                    Love this! Great work!

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                    Dear guests visiting this thread - don't be shy, come join us in celebrating our favorite couple

When did you start shipping & ?

If you think they got together - how and when did it happen?

Which hug is your favorite hug?

Which kiss is your favorite kiss?

If you read fanfic, which genre do you prefer?
                    Yes, guests! Join up! It's great to see a couple of new and newer members (Hi, guys!)! I love that this ship still attracts people after 21 years!

And established members, I'd love your thoughts as well! So I'll start:

When did you start shipping & ? I came to Stargate in 2009, but if you mean which episode, I don't rightly remember. The first episode I ever saw on tv was "Ripple Effect" and when Martouf and Janet tell Sam that she was on maternity leave in the AU, I remember thinking, "I wonder who she's with," because even in my inexperienced brain I knew it wasn't Cam or Daniel or Teal'c ... but I think as soon as I met Jack, I was like, "Yep! That's who I was missing before!"

If you think they got together - how and when did it happen? Absolutely they got together after "Threads" ... there's no other reason Jack would take a desk job in DC or Sam would have come back in Season 9 looking so ... satisfied.

I don't think it happened at the cabin like a lot of people do though. I think that's too quick -- they were all grieving Jacob, and both Sam and Jack just got out of relationships -- but I think that they were purposeful about talking about their future ... hence the reason for the transfers.

I've never written fanfic for how I think they got together ... maybe that's something I'll eventually tackle!

Which hug is your favorite hug? Hmm ... in addition to Fire and Water and Heroes, are we counting half-hugs and leaning up against one another (Beneath the Surface, Death Knell, Metamorphosis)? Still, it doesn't matter because I'm always going to pick the "Threads" hug! It's just so raw and beautiful and unexpected in a show that almost never, ever touched the emotional aspects of this ship!

Which kiss is your favorite kiss? Hands down, "Window of Opportunity!" It's just so pure and adorable and it's the only real kiss that happened between our Jack and Sam without any mind-altering agents. Sam doesn't remember it, of course, but I wrote a ficlet about Jack finally telling Sam about it:
                    Ghost of the Past

If you read fanfic, which genre do you prefer? Ugh ... Angst! Hurt/Comfort! Whump! And my absolute favorite authors are good at action and plot, but never neglect the emotional aspects!

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts!
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Dawn

Comment

Happy Ship Day!

I'll be finishing up/typing it/uploading my fic here soon. In the meantime, some very old art by me.

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X