How old was Ronon supposed to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old was Ronon supposed to be?

Jason Momoa himself was 25 or 26 yo when he first appeared on Atlantis. Ronon was a runner for 7 years and was in the military before that, so he was a teenager when he was captured, is that correct? Or was his character older than he was?

Huh. I didn't realize Momoa was that young when he started on Atlantis.

Like you, my operating assumption for character ages is usually their actor's age at time of filming/airing, but in this case (as you point out) that doesn't make much sense.

I don't think we were ever told on-screen what Ronon's age was, but you're absolutely right in that it appears he must've been older than his actor.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I sometimes had the impression that he does not age as much as the other humans maybe that is a special treat of his people? Because as it is said here he would have to be older than he seems, or he was learning to fight as a very young kid....

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
        I sometimes had the impression that he does not age as much as the other humans maybe that is a special treat of his people? Because as it is said here he would have to be older than he seems, or he was learning to fight as a very young kid....
        Actually, those are both good theories. Maybe Sateda started to train their soldiers at a younger age.

Comment

Ronon's physiology is unique. Not only can the Wraith apparently not feed on him, but he also fully recovered from a stunner blast within seconds. He is a dangerous ally to have, as his abilities and personal motivations remain unknown. But he is loyal to Sheppard and his new friends, and puts the fight against the Wraith -- all Wraith, in any form they might take, anywhere and at any time -- as his highest priority.
          This here is taken from GateWorld's omnipedia entry about Ronon, maybe his physiology being unique also influences that he does not really age as fast, or at least does not seem to

Comment

I didn't know that, very cool!

Comment

Not only can the Wraith apparently not feed on him
              Ronon's entry needs to be updated. "Broken Ties" blew that theory out of the water.

Comment

I thought there was an episode where that happened, only when I read this entry I assumed I remembered wrongly. But thank you Wraith Tech, now I know I didn't make that up in my mind

Comment

Recovering from stunner blasts sounds right and a good theory. Todd said in "Be All My Sins Remember'd," "We had to stun him several times."

Comment

Yes, that I can remember, it was only a guess though that his special traits would explain his age seeming a bit strange. It annoys me a bit that it is said nowhere how old he is supposed to be, or maybe I am just too blind to find it

Comment

I am asking the mods how to get the entry updated for him.

Comment

I looked at the Stargate Wiki both German and English, cannot find his age though. Only that it is assumed that his resistance to Stunners comes from being hit with them so often as he was a Runner still. It is also stated that he is stronger than normal humans, but nothing about that he does not age normally or anything

Comment

I thought there was an episode where that happened, only when I read this entry I assumed I remembered wrongly. But thank you Wraith Tech, now I know I didn't make that up in my mind
                          Good to know, and we all get confused sometimes.

I am going with he looks young for his age, or the military trained them at a younger age.

Comment

I just looked at the screen caps of Runner, he does not look like under 20 at all when the flashbacks are shown, so yes he must look very young for his age
                            Which is the simplest but also most unsatisfying answer to your question

Comment

I looked at the Stargate Wiki both German and English, cannot find his age though. Only that it is assumed that his resistance to Stunners comes from being hit with them so often as he was a Runner still. It is also stated that he is stronger than normal humans, but nothing about that he does not age normally or anything
                              Don’t trust anything the Wikia says, ever. It’s a garbage fire of innuendo, supposition, guesswork, and treating non-canon as equally weighted with canon.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X