The future of Stargate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future of Stargate?

Hey what's up guys, my name is Frank. I've been around these forums for quite a while, if you check my profile you'll see that, I think I've been around since 2015?

Anyway way off topic, I'm getting very re-immersed into the Stargate franchise. And I've been watching more of the current interviews, and the interviews on Stargate command. I'm rewatching SG-1 right now, lol again. So I figured I'd poke my head out and say hello to you guys, I've never really had anyone to talk about Stargate with, and I'm really hoping a change that. And my take away from all these interviews is that I am really bummed that RDA ( unless he's fibbing, Jack style) wouldn't be returning (if there was) an SG-1 reboot, or revival. Also I've been watching recent interviews with RDA, Michael Shanks, Chris Judge, and Amanda Tapping. Where Michael Shanks made pretty good point of saying that if the fans want the old school team back, and I quote: "It has to happen before we're pushing around walkers. (Laughter) Seriously though, Sooner rather than later." And that interview was a while ago... Not too long that it can't happen, just it's starting to get to that point where it might get there. And that sucks, I grew up on the show, I love the show, I breathe the show... I'm glad Origins was released but sad to see that none of the original cast was in it. And I did hear Chris Judge say that our reaction to Origins will determine the future of Stargate. I know I did my part I watched it about 17 times lolol??? but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Did we do good as fans? Did we revive the show? Did it flop? No one's ever specific. Does anyone have specific info as to how they're going to proceed now? Anyway, thank you for reading and I hope to meet some of you.??
    So I guess this is kind of post where it's like, an introduction so to speak. but only because I've never interacted on the forms before. So hope to make some new Stargate friends!!!!

-Frank
    sigpic

Please anyone I'm beggin ya to chime in! My questions are plaguing my mind lol!! I really need Stargate friends, so many thoughts & theories bouncing around in my head. I would really love to meet some people and chit chat that would be great. We can talk on here, Xbox Live, Skype...Wherever else, any app....you get the point. Hope to hear your ideas, and make some friends!

-Frank
    sigpic

Comment

Hi, and welcome. Some of the gaters in this thread keep track of metrics such as you are seeking:
      https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...rigins-and-SGC

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Frank!

Please note that reactions to your posts might be delayed because you're still considered a newbie and those posts need to be approved by a moderator before going live. So don't despair if it looks like noone's replying -- we simply can't see your posts yet.

I'm sure you'll be deemed human soon enough.

As for the future of stargate -- not a clue what MGM is up to or how Origins did in the 6 countries where it was legal to stream it, or how it has done since the feature cut was released world wide. I do know it's no longer in a lot of iTunes Top 100 movie downloads -- where it lingered for approx. 2 weeks after its release.

With regards to Stargate Command -- it's great that you are an all-access member there but know that this is restricted to 6 countries and therefore there are a lot of people (including myself) who have no access to those Dial Home interviews so if you want to discuss what is said in those, you'll probably won't find many replies here. There are a few all-access people here from Stargate Command, but not that many have crossed over from there to here, or from here to there.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't think anybody knows what's going on, right at the moment. It was nice to finally get some new Stargate, even if it wasn't that great, but the entire experience from announcement to present has been amateurish at best. The whole thing has the smell of being a dedicated fanfic project that MGM has decided to ignore, rather than an MGM project that's testing the waters.

Until someone prominent at MGM steps up to say otherwise, it's probably safest to assume that this is it.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wow thank you for all the responses! It's a pleasure to meet you all and thank you for all the explanations! ? I might have some news for you guys, I just found out that Stargate is go ining to be at San Diego Comic-Con 2018. It's kind of low-key right now, but I wonder what's going on?? Fingers crossed, no joke it would be amazing, I streamed all of my Stargate Origins using VRV and all of the other stuff , the Dial home, BTS, And interviews I watched on Stargate Command. Because on VRV it actually streams in HD full screen.... On all of the Stargate shows & movies, No black bars!

Believe it or not, VRV actually has limited Dial home interviews to stream right now, In case anyone's interested and is not a member of Stargate Command. There is even a couple of funny BTS water-cooler conversations with Chris Judge. The one that I just watched they asked him who would have won the fight between Teal'c and Ronan if Carter hadn't stepped in... And Chris said something like, because Teal'c is so old and experienced he thinks Ronan, because he's so young and full of energy he would have basically got tired.... Then they asked him who would win Chris or Jason?? And he literally said verbatim " Jason would probably kick my ass!" And then everybody broke out laughing, he goes have you seen the man? It's great stuff, I love it

It's kind of a damn shame that we still have no info on what Origins did, but the fact that they're showing up at 2018 SDCC has to mean something! So maybe that's where we'll get our update... If anyone's going to be there please post here!! And if anybody wants to chit chat, or play video games, just hang and shoot the breeze that would be awesome. I have Xbox live and such..I'd love to delve into a nice Stargate conversation.

So if anybody wants to chit chat or hang out please let me know and again thank you all for responding, it really did put a huge smile on my face

Tek'ma'te —
            -Frank
            sigpic

Comment

Crap.. I'm really sorry to post this right after I just made a post, I forgot the tack this on at the end of my last post, I can't seem to find how to send friend requests... Is that also a byproduct of me being new? Again I can't thank you guys enough for Reading and Responding.

-Frank
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Franksixer View Post
                I might have some news for you guys, I just found out that Stargate is go ining to be at San Diego Comic-Con 2018.
                Yup, we know.

Gateworld will also be there -- they just bought a new camera (for the occasion) and assured us batteries and memory cards are in order.

It's kind of low-key right now, but I wonder what's going on?? Fingers crossed, no joke it would be amazing,
                It's not really low-key. Stargate Command will have a booth. They'll probably bring that fake stargate along (we build a lifesize ones they could have used -- all MGM had to do was ask and pay for transportation to the US -- they could have shared transportation back to Belgium with Disney cause our Millenium Falcon set is coming home after SDCC too (at which point we have to make it idiot proof and then ship it off to Disneyland Paris)).

There will be an exclusive screening of the feature cut on the USS Midway for 200 people where 50 all-access members can get a free first-class ticket for if they are the 1st 50 to show up.

There will be a Stargate meet at the Harbor House (which Platchu misread as Hathor House). And Aylam Orian (Colonel Brücke) tweeted today that most of the Origins main cast will be there as well.

And there will be a stargate panel with Chris Judge.

I don't expect much "exciting" news to come out of it. MGM and Stargate Command team have long lost my trust to do something that doesn't exclude half the fanbase and only caters to the lucky few 6 countries.

I streamed all of my Stargate Origins using VRV and all of the other stuff , the Dial home, BTS, And interviews I watched on Stargate Command. Because on VRV it actually streams in HD full screen.... On all of the Stargate shows & movies, No black bars!
                VRV is US-only, and for anyone interested, approx. 9 dollars a month.

It's kind of a damn shame that we still have no info on what Origins did, but the fact that they're showing up at 2018 SDCC has to mean something!
                Actually, no... showing up at SDCC doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Everybody shows up at SDCC. It's the place-to-be in geekdom. Every large broadcasting company will try to market their stuff at SDCC. It's the walhalla.

The fact alone that they have a small booth (trust me, I know what those things cost) and they really have a small booth, showcases that MGM isn't actually paying for this. I think, actually I'm fairly certain, that Legion M is behind Stargate Command's presence at SDCC. They are also the ones organizing the stargate meet at the Harbor House.

Crap.. I'm really sorry to post this right after I just made a post, I forgot the tack this on at the end of my last post, I can't seem to find how to send friend requests... Is that also a byproduct of me being new? Again I can't thank you guys enough for Reading and Responding.
                Yes, as long as you're on probie-status, your options are restricted. No friend requests, no private messages... Even we can't send you requests or messages (I checked).

Be patient, young padawan!

Comment

Here you go, more info about the screening and the meet-up:

Stargate Fan Screening with Legion M

It's sold-out so if anyone was hopîng to get in, you're too late. Legion M members got your spaces.

And the meet-up is also sold out... Stargate Fan Meet Up with Legion M

DESCRIPTION
                  Join fellow Stargate fans at this years San Diego Comic Con for a special fan gathering at the Harbor House restaurant in beautiful Seaport Village. Hosted with fan owned entertainment company Legion M, join celebrity guests and enjoy a specialty Stargate drink!

Yup, Legion M members are literally getting served well... Regular stargate fans have no place here.

Comment

*History channel voiceover* Could it be, that new SG material will be announced? And if so, will it be a new spinoff of the fabled franchise or yet another season of Origins? Is Joseph Mallozzi in league with the Templars? Is Stargate one of the most elaborate cover-up of our recent history?

*cough* okay jokes aside, when is this taking place exactly?
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                      *History channel voiceover* Could it be, that new SG material will be announced? And if so, will it be a new spinoff of the fabled franchise or yet another season of Origins? Is Joseph Mallozzi in league with the Templars? Is Stargate one of the most elaborate cover-up of our recent history?
                      Well, The Stargate Conspiricies is an actual book so... who knows.

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                      *cough* okay jokes aside, when is this taking place exactly?
                      There seems to be the most stargate on Thursday the 19th. Panel with Chris Judge and Kieran Dickenson (or whatever his last name is) in the morning, Legion M dinner party at 6 and Legion M Origins screening at 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Well, The Stargate Conspiricies is an actual book so... who knows.

There seems to be the most stargate on Thursday the 19th. Panel with Chris Judge and Kieran Dickenson (or whatever his last name is) in the morning, Legion M dinner party at 6 and Legion M Origins screening at 8.
                        Merci beaucoup FH
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I don't expect much "exciting" news to come out of it. MGM and Stargate Command team have long lost my trust to do something that doesn't exclude half the fanbase and only caters to the lucky few 6 countries.
                          ....and even we lucky 6 have had a pretty bad experience after the initial euphoria.

Comment

Originally posted by Langley_forum View Post
                            ....and even we lucky 6 have had a pretty bad experience after the initial euphoria.
                            I'm sorry. You'd think they would treat you like royalty at least.

Comment

Wow thank you for all the info! I gotta read through all that again. Does anybody have any news on what went down so far? Did anything happen in the last couple of days?

Man I still have my fingers crossed... A man can dream right? Lol

If anything I really want to see that Chris Judge interview. it might be some interesting things that he has to say about what origin is did due to the fact that he's the one that said, Origins will determine the fate of future Stargate.

And also I received an email, they sent me the full theatrical cut of Origins, Stargate Command. And I believe it was the first day of Comic-Con on Thursday... So I've been keeping an eye on my email, if anything new arises I'll let everybody know. If you are Stargate command member check your email.

Thanks again it's a pleasure to talk to you all,
                              -Frank
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X